No announcement yet.

Site upgrades and moving to the cloud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. I've got a dedicated Ubuntu Linux PC that runs a P4. Don't use it much but when I do Linux is a light enough load to keep it fast but a server?! Lol, hell nah.

Comment

new server is about 20% cheaper per month and about 5 times as fast. lol. glad i decided to take the time to do this. will save me roughly $600 per year.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Transition period to the cloud is happening now. You guys may notice some issues. It's expected tonight.

Installing tapatalk tomorrow. For those that don't know what it is. It's optimized for smart phone and tabs. We have forum runner now but I haven't been happy with it for awhile.

https://tapatalk.com

Comment

How did the transition go?

Looking forward to Tapatalk.

Comment

Its still on going. Propagation period means some people can't see the site at all. They just get an error page. I'm surprised you can actually see the site right now. Expect issues today.

Comment

It was off a few minutes ago and now it's back. :grin:

Comment

Tapatalk better not be something that's going to cost me another $1.99!

Comment

yeah it only just came back for me been trying all day.

Comment

Ran into some hiccups as I predicted but... We are back online on the new server! The biggest hurdle is done, we are in the cloud!

As for the visual changes and features that you guys will actually notice.. That will all be coming in the next few days, weeks, and months.

Comment

Oh boy shit site is back.:panic:

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                          Oh boy shit site is back.:panic:
                          Its nice how active this site stays for so few active members though. For as many guests and registered users there are there is only a good dozen or so active users.

Comment

ForumRunner App is not working at the moment. No worries, it will be fixed. Yes, tapatalk is still in the plans. But in the meantime I want you guys to have the forumrunner option instead of using your mobile browser.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                              Its nice how active this site stays for so few active members though. For as many guests and registered users there are there is only a good dozen or so active users.
                              Yup. It's those guest that actually keep money coming in terms of sponsorship. We actually get a fairly large amount of traffic from google and other search engines for a forum this size.

In terms of active users. I will be working in the coming days, weeks, and months to improve that. More new content related to the theme of the site. Ease of use in terms of mobile browsing, picture hosting, and just a general update and refresh of everything. Keeping our small/family type vibe going is important but we also need to add more active users no doubt about it.

It's interesting. It's times like today where the site was down when I realize how much a part of me this site actually is. I can either continue to be lazy with it and let it go downhill or I can get my shit together and put some effort into it. I think I like the second option. :)

Comment

Bah

Comment

Working...
                                X