Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 to be free for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Announces Windows 10 to be free for all!

Fuck yea. :thankyou:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/...or-first-year/

nice directly competing with apple
    i like it.

Comment

Update: Microsoft fielded some questions about this upgrade in its Q&A session after the event. The company "hasn't decided" how it will handle upgrades from Windows 7 or 8.1 after the first year of Windows 10 availability ends, and it is "working on an update for Windows RT," but doesn't have further details to share.
      I could see this being a huge cluster fuck lol....Everyone is going to get this system, then the following year MS will get you for all of these add ons or necessary upgrades in order to keep using it lol.

Reminds me of the game destiny and possibly seems to be the way of everything..my Samsung TV updates, my electronics are always "updating".,,some apps I pay for, some I dont, some need this and that....ugh so fucking frustrating lol...sorry for the vent...carry on:P

Comment

Some good points rado. They were a little unclear about how some things will work so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm actually impressed with microsoft for the first time in years. Some very cool features coming.

The 9 biggest announcements from Microsoft's Windows 10 event | The Verge

Comment

The question was raised during an interview as to whether it would be a subscription since Microsoft is calling it a service now and they said they have not decided yet, so that free upgrade may only be a free year long license. If they do it is the beginning of the end for them. I'll run Ubuntu all day long before I pay a subscription for an OS.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
            The question was raised during an interview as to whether it would be a subscription since Microsoft is calling it a service now and they said they have not decided yet, so that free upgrade may only be a free year long license. If they do it is the beginning of the end for them. I'll run Ubuntu all day long before I pay a subscription for an OS.
            ubuntu is shit.

id switch to apple.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...=84359240#t=83

Comment

Really is exciting stuff.

Comment

Very cool. Someone can see your problem in real time and walk you through it by seeing what you see and putting instructions right into your real world.

Comment

Downloaded and installed the developer build last night. Not good. I realize it's a test build but this build is supposed to be half way decent according to Microsoft.

Every task was slower. Loading any program took seconds compared to a split second in windows 7. Half the programs (including IE) would simply not load at all.

Hopefully that will all be fixed in the next few months before release but I was shocked to see just how bad it still is this late in the game. Spent about an hour with windows 10 before promptly reverting back to windows 7.

Comment

LOL

Of course they are going to give it away. After the last Windows debacle who would pay for it.
                      Microsoft is dead in the water.
                      Their OS sucks. Plain and simple.
                      They've spent year's stealing other companies ideas, making bad copies
                      that barely work.

Microsoft couldn't innovate, or come up with a unique useful idea to safe it's life,
                      and that is exactly why the company is in a downward spiral.

Zune
                      Windows Phone
                      Windows 7
                      Windows 8
                      Their pathetic tablet fiasco.

Take your pic of crappy product they've tried to sell consumers.

Oh yeah, windows 7 was great, that's why businesses were actually migrating backwards
                      to windows XP. BACKWARDS!

Comment

Originally posted by Oberonbww View Post
                        Of course they are going to give it away. After the last Windows debacle who would pay for it.
                        Microsoft is dead in the water.
                        Their OS sucks. Plain and simple.
                        They've spent year's stealing other companies ideas, making bad copies
                        that barely work.

Microsoft couldn't innovate, or come up with a unique useful idea to safe it's life,
                        and that is exactly why the company is in a downward spiral.

Zune
                        Windows Phone
                        Windows 7
                        Windows 8
                        Their pathetic tablet fiasco.

Take your pic of crappy product they've tried to sell consumers.

Oh yeah, windows 7 was great, that's why businesses were actually migrating backwards
                        to windows XP. BACKWARDS!
                        you're angry at them huh!? chill out orangutan. :cheese:

Comment

What Windows as a Service and a

Comment

One of the wisest decisions they've made.

Comment

Yikes!! Windows 10 preview is complete with a heck of a lot of tracking and keylogging! Hope you used a clean PC B.

Windows 10 Technical Preview Captures Your Files, Keystrokes And Voice - Forbes

Comment

Working...
                              X