Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 to be free for all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
    Yikes!! Windows 10 preview is complete with a heck of a lot of tracking and keylogging! Hope you used a clean PC B.

Windows 10 Technical Preview Captures Your Files, Keystrokes And Voice - Forbes
    That is the current issue with modern tech bro. Our phones, tabs, computers are all sending the companies that make them massive amounts of info about its user. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised about this.

Comment

Been using the windows 10 beta on both my netbook and main laptop that I now have connected to my tv for entertainment use. the latest beta builds have been rock solid. everything works as it should. windows is def moving in the right direction. if you've been thinking about trying out the beta now is the time.

Comment

I'm running the final build now and it's been flawless on my fast computer and my slow little netbook. Best version of windows by far. Looks clean, runs smooth, and very stable. I've had zero issues with last few builds. A+ bouncer rating. Good job microsoft, you finally get it.

Comment

Agree with the review. Well worth the upgrade. I have the pro version on my main laptop and the home version on my little netbook. Flawless. Also agree with the review on the crappy browser. I never use it. By far the best browser IMO is Opera.

Windows 10 review: It's familiar, it's powerful, but the Edge browser falls short | PCWorld

Comment

Are they still giving free upgrades to preview testers? If so I don't have much time left to download it. My pc is on vista so it isn't worthy of a free upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
              Are they still giving free upgrades to preview testers? If so I don't have much time left to download it. My pc is on vista so it isn't worthy of a free upgrade.
              nah bro the preview tester program is over in terms of being able to get a free copy. ended about 2 weeks ago. the tester program is still on going for people that already have it installed but over for those on other OS's. You should have made the jump before 2 weeks ago bro, you had months to have done so. lol. youd have had an absolutly free copy with full features that would not have expired. runs much faster then vista even on older pc's. my little slow ass netbook runs faster then it did when it was new!

Comment

Fuck. Procrastination is my specialty. Well I'll still get two copies from my windows 8.1 pc and my windows 7 laptop but damn. Hopefully they sell it cheap for a few months. I got 8 for 30$ when it came out.

Comment

what i think you could do is torrent windows 7 and install it on a flashdrive. once installed on flashdrive boot from it and install it. once installed you'll have 30 days before it expires as your key will no longer work. from there I think you can enter the developer program and get a free copy of windows 10. you cant do it from vista though.

Comment

Eh fuck it, too much work. I hardly use that pc anyway. I've got too many computers and they are all old dirt. Need to just wipe em out and get something new. I've got a box I've run all kinds of linux distros on, another laptop just for my cars. IPads and Android tablets all over the house. Too much bullshit.

Comment

Windows 10, Day One

Comment

How To Stop Windows 10 Updates With Hidden Microsoft Tool

Comment

Not a good start so far. All my family user accounts were deelted upon install. And there appears to be a bug when trying to add them back.

"sorry, something went wrong, try again later"

Comment

Lol. Typical Microsoft. Does it give you the option to delete everything and do a fresh install? I would like to do this on my laptop if I can.

Comment

To do a fresh install you need to download the ISO to a USB drive.

Comment

Cool thanks B.

Comment

Working...
                                X