No announcement yet.

No Whites Allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if I see a black person acting like a stereotype and I immediately can't stand them? Is that prejudice, racial profiling or something else?

Comment

It all depends on what they are doing and your thought process behind it, because it could be a class issue. A middle class person will view their environment different than a lower class person.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
        ROCKETW19, I am white and I cannot tell if you are joking around or being serious? You as a couple, since you are married, would be in the same social class. So if your wife was a teacher and you are doing construction, your family would be middle class, not the working class, because of your wife. Also, there is a big difference between racism and prejudice, to be racist you have to have some sort of economic or other power over an individual or group. To be prejudice you do not need that power. If a lower class black person hated white people, they would be prejudice, if the chief of police in a certain town was white and hated black people, that would be racism.
        A dictionary might help.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
          Also, there is a big difference between racism and prejudice, to be racist you have to have some sort of economic or other power over an individual or group. To be prejudice you do not need that power. If a lower class black person hated white people, they would be prejudice, if the chief of police in a certain town was white and hated black people, that would be racism.

I think I have to agree to disagree with this part.

Comment

Change of Subject: Prejudice, bigotry and racism: Is there a difference?

This echos my statement

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post
              What if I see a black person acting like a stereotype and I immediately can't stand them? Is that prejudice, racial profiling or something else?
              Anytime I see anyone acting like a stereotype I hate them equally. Trust me when I tell you, I hate white trash as much as I hate any race.

Comment

I agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                X