Need a new phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new phone

Dropped my Moto X and cracked the screen :(.

It is still functional but I want to get a new phone. I have it narrowed down to the Moto X Pure Edition, the Nexus 6P and the Nexus 5X.

Any recommendations? I know new phones come out later this year, but I don't want to pay the premium prices. These are starting to be available at lower prices now.

Looking to buy them unlocked.

Bouncer, Turbo?

5X direct from Google just got a price cut. That's the one I would go with based on price and size.

Comment

Over the Moto X pure?

Comment

Moto x pure 16g for $300 if I didn't want a lot of storage.

Comment

Samsung :D

Comment

Thanks, B & Turbo. Screw you and Samsung, Rado! :slap: :D

I am thinking of signing up for the Google Fi. You get a Nexus 5X for $199. That sounds like an unbeatable deal to me. I'll try out Fi for a month and if it sucks, I can drop it and keep the phone.

Comment

Hold on, you can try fi for a month and still get the phone for $199?

Comment

Yep. $20/mo for calls/text and $10 per GB for data. There's no contract, so you can drop Fi after 1 mo if you don't like it.

Comment

I might keep it. It uses Tmo and Sprint, so not the greatest carriers but probably fine for city use.

Comment

Here are the details on the deal:

Get a Nexus 5X for just $199 - CNET

Comment

Can you transfer current number to fi just like you would when switching to a carrier?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        Can you transfer current number to fi just like you would when switching to a carrier?
                        Yep, it was one of the options in the menu during the ordering process. I am not going to do it because I think I will keep my old phone for now and just get a new number but it did give me the option.

Comment

I'm gonna do this as soon as I have an extra $200 to spend. I'll save like $30 a month compared to my current Sprint plan.

Def need a new phone soon, Nexus 5 is doing all kinds of strange shit.

Comment

I just ordered it. I set it up with a new number. Too many dumbshits have my current number. :D

Comment

Man I want this fucken deal now. Screw you for pointing this shit out to me! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X