Stanford father rapists says jail sentence too long for 20mns of action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    What people don't realize is what a vicious cycle this whole thing is.

If you have a felony on your record, it's next to impossible to get a living wage job. So, when blacks, latinos and even poor whites get disproportionately tagged for minor offences, especially with the WOD, it causes them to be unemployable and this of course perpetuates their poverty and inability to move up in society.

We have created entire generations of people who have needless criminal records and they cannot become contributing members of society even if they want to.
    I agree..but at the same time..they made a decision to get involved in the drugs...that is an individuals CHOICE..

Comment

Up to a point your right rip. But it's not like growing up in the woods in a suburb somewhere for those kids. Its a different world where they are surrounded by it. Be part of the group or good luck trying to survive.

I guarantee it was a little easier for me or you to avoid that shit as kids than it would be had we grown up in the ghetto.

Comment

Could be ...most of my childhood friends have records...I made a choice to go a different route. Easy way...or hard way it's easy to blame someone else or a situation but it takes having the courage to stand for what's right for you instead of following. If you can't stand your own ground and make your own path..at least own it and not blame society. Of that were true. After that got caught once and punished...they should learn....but they go right back to it....again...their choice. I can't or won't condone it of find an excuse for it. That's my choice. I was raised a poor kid like you was surrounded by shit...but I made my choices...and not all of them were right either:rofl:

Comment

On phone read thru the misspelling...lolo

Comment

I just think it's easy for you to speak about a choice when you were raised in a completely different environment.

it's a bit like me talking to you about choices you made in the military based on my military xbox experience.

bro the horror these kids face in a place like south side chicago from literally the day they are born is something I don't think people raised in a decent suburb can really comprehend.

Comment

I understand what your saying. I do..but there comes a time when they have to stop blaming others and step up and help fix the problem them selves. If they aren't willing to change themselves and there own attitude...nothing will ever fix it bro

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                I understand what your saying. I do..but there comes a time when they have to stop blaming others and step up and help fix the problem them selves. If they aren't willing to change themselves and there own attitude...nothing will ever fix it bro
                this is a circle argument. because how can they fix the issue themselves when they are born into horror and their brain formed by it? a big part of the issue being the injustice that put them there in the first place.

bit like the native American Indians. It's easy for me and you to say "stop drinking and get off the reseervation". But our brains were given the luxury of not being born into that environment in the first place. We have the luxury of thinking differently because we were not created and formed in that environment.

but i also understand what your saying. at some point enough is enough and you've got to be willing to change something if nobody else is going to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  this is a circle argument.
                  but i also understand what your saying. at some point enough is enough and you've got to be willing to change something if nobody else is going to help you.
                  :thumb: exactly, you cant blame someone else if your not willing to step up and change yourself.:clapback:

Comment

The sheer deluded sense of entitlement and arrogance is beyond words.
                    Luckily there are good guys out there https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...62404453822890

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=79728204406

Comment

this story was on the morning news today. judge is getting a lot of heat ...they also said 1 in 5 college females are raped.

Comment

Working...
                        X