New California declares independence from California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New California declares independence from California

The founders of New California took an early step toward statehood Monday with the reading of their own Declaration of Independence from California, a state they describe as "ungovernable."

Their solution: Take over most of current-day California — including many rural counties — and leave the coastal urban areas to themselves.

"The current state of California has become governed by a tyranny," the group, led in part by vice chairman Robert Paul Preston, declared in a document published online.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...te/1036681001/

Meh. Coastal California is what's keeping those hayseeds afloat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post

Really? How much produce, vegetables, fruit, dairy, eggs, and meat come from the coast?

California exports 3 billion dollars worth of almonds alone each year. 2 billion worth of dairy products. The list goes on. The countryside is the life blood of California.

Comment

If California quits the union, most of the red southern states will go under. Damn leeches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Really? How much produce, vegetables, fruit, dairy, eggs, and meat come from the coast?

California exports 3 billion dollars worth of almonds alone each year. 2 billion worth of dairy products. The list goes on. The countryside is the life blood of California.
          Yeah, that's great, not questioning the agricultural output, but there's no comparison. Between silicon valley, aerospace and Hollywood, the coast probably produces like $500B to $1T in sales every year. Just think about Cisco, Apple and Intel for starters.

Comment

Yeah, that's great, not questioning the agricultural output, but there's no comparison. Between silicon valley, aerospace and Hollywood, the coast probably produces like $500B to $1T in sales every year. Just think about Cisco, Apple and Intel for starters.
            Lol @ Hollywood the dieing industry.

I'll give you silicon valley but without the heart of California (the country side) the coast would be importing everything to sustain itself. So if there were a "new California", old California would be more dependant on it then the other way around.

Comment

Sink the whole thing into the ocean!

Comment

the racism towards farmers...unreal..:rofl:

Comment

I think New York state should do the same thing..get rid of NYC.. them "hayseeds" up there life's would get a lot cheaper with out all their tax money going for that shithole......LOL

Comment

my problem is that I actually like places like NYC, San Fran, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.. in terms of going out to dinner with my girl and enjoying a day.

BUT. I also don't believe that the unique problems and issues of a big city should be handled exactly the same as they are out in the country side. A cow farmer that is 200 miles away from any city lives a completely different life. so much so that he might as well live on a different planet. why should a California farmer have to follow the same gun laws that is imposed in a rough part of Oakland because of nightly murders. there are some remote towns in California that have literally never had a murder. should that area really be governed in the same way that Los Angeles is governed?

I love California. I even like some things about the cali government. When it comes to clean environment laws we lead the way. I think we can all agree that clean water, fresh air, and clean national forests and parks is a good thing.

Then there are things that I hate about the Cali government. We basically reward illegal immigration by sending out the signal "if you can make it hear you will be protected". that is a slap in the face to people trying to do it legally. it gives law abiding citizens zero incentive to do things the right way.

I don't even need to get into the 2nd amendment issues but California gun laws are silly, unenforceable, and they favor the criminal who has no intention of following any sort of laws. pointless "feel good laws" made up by some politician that has never so much as held a gun made for snowflakes that have no understanding of guns sleep better at night because "California has strict gun laws". if the day comes that a criminal breaks into their house I guess they will say in a very firm voice "that is an illegal weapon!"... right before they are shot dead because they had no way of defending themselves..

Comment

my problem is that I actually like places like NYC, San Fran, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.. in terms of going out to dinner with my girl and enjoying a day.

BUT. I also don't believe that the unique problems and issues of a big city should be handled exactly the same as they are out in the country side. A cow farmer that is 200 miles away from any city lives a completely different life. so much so that he might as well live on a different planet. why should a California farmer have to follow the same gun laws that is imposed in a rough part of Oakland because of nightly murders. there are some remote towns in California that have literally never had a murder. should that area really be governed in the same way that Los Angeles is governed?

I love California. I even like some things about the cali government. When it comes to clean environment laws we lead the way. I think we can all agree that clean water, fresh air, and clean national forests and parks is a good thing.

Then there are things that I hate about the Cali government. We basically reward illegal immigration by sending out the signal "if you can make it hear you will be protected". that is a slap in the face to people trying to do it legally. it gives law abiding citizens zero incentive to do things the right way.

I don't even need to get into the 2nd amendment issues but California gun laws are silly, unenforceable, and they favor the criminal who has no intention of following any sort of laws. pointless "feel good laws" made up by some politician that has never so much as held a gun made for snowflakes that have no understanding of guns sleep better at night because "California has strict gun laws". if the day comes that a criminal breaks into their house I guess they will say in a very firm voice "that is an illegal weapon!"... right before they are shot dead because they had no way of defending themselves..
                      slow down nancy...many other states are THIS way

Fucks sake with you and cali....like it's some fucking discovered gem...

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                        slow down nancy...many other states are THIS way

Fucks sake with you and cali....like it's some fucking discovered gem...
                        You never really seem able to understand a basic point and instead respond in an off topic point that demonstrates you don't understand the conversation.

Comment

You never really seem able to understand a basic point and instead respond in an off topic point that demonstrates you don't understand the conversation.
                          I do.

I'm just sick and tired(and many others) how Cali this, that, he, who, whom, man so fucking what.

Now on to topic.....i have heard about this, but I don't live there and kind of hard to put my two cents in.

Comment

I guess what all the "big city folk" don't understand in those places is without the TAX money generated by people who live in the rest of the state..those"shithole citys" couldn't survive and give it away to all the fuckers who don't work for a living... the HAYSEED county fucking bumpkins support their asses.. in a lot of ways...not just the food that they grow.

Comment

Hayseed.. I like the new racist term. I think Ill make up some t-shirts and make a million dollars..like BLM shirts... oh wait...I cant..it'll be racist....Damn..:fight:

Comment

Working...
                              X