No announcement yet.

London Overtakes NYC Murder Rate For First Time In History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile in todays headlines from London...

LONDON – British police say a 78-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder for allegedly stabbing a burglar who had broken into his home.

The Metropolitan Police force says the homeowner called to report a burglary at his south London home early Wednesday. The man said he had found two men inside the house, and struggled with one, who was stabbed in the upper body.

Police say the suspected burglar was found collapsed in a road nearby and died later in a hospital.

The homeowner, who suffered bruising to his arms, is being questioned at a police station.

Police and politicians are under pressure to stem a growth in violent crime in London. There have been almost 50 murders so far this year, many of them stabbings involving young people.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
      Exactly.

Not sure they understand the implications of stop and frisk.
      I understand your main point, it could certainly be a slippery slope. But like I said, it has to be situational. We aren't talking about entering someone's home looking for drugs. We are talking about specific situations where someone on the streets has a high chance of carrying a dangerous weapon based on gang affiliations and other factors.

Not about race either before you reverse racist speak up. I'd be all for the same kind of thing in some skin head nazi/kkk neighborhood where murders and violent crimes were happening on a daily bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
        Stop and Frisk is fucking ridiculous. I can’t believe any freedom loving American would even suggest such an awful program.
        Exactly, what's next let me see your papers/Id?
        Do you want some dude frisking your hot gf/wife, sister? This isn't Nazi Germany!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus38 View Post
          Exactly, what's next let me see your papers/Id?
          Do you want some dude frisking your hot gf/wife, sister? This isn't Nazi Germany!

Sure, I have no problem giving an officer my ID to check. You're trying to compare that to Nazi Germany?? lol

I still haven't heard any suggestions on how to keep guns out of the hands of criminals in areas of high crime/murder. Just a bunch of whining.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
            Sure, I have no problem giving an officer my ID to check. You're trying to compare that to Nazi Germany?? lol

I still haven't heard any suggestions on how to keep guns out of the hands of criminals in areas of high crime/murder. Just a bunch of whining.
            What's there to understand dude? You buy meth, crack & heroin on every street corner it illegal but they can't stop it. But giving up your rights because of crime is not the answer because the government will keep taking them! In Mexico guns are illegal but they have an all time high murder rate. I was in Dubia for a while, the UAE is safer than America. It's illegal to own guns. I never heard of stabbings, rape, domestic violence. But there laws a strict about protecting the innocent. If you beat your woman your going to jail, I.E. . We don't need more laws we need to enforce the ones we have. If your convicted of murder beyond a doubt you should get the chair! What about rape, pedophiles, those who hurt old folks. We can't waste time wondering wtf is wrong with those who commit these crimes, however there should be consequences for ones actions. I'm old school when I was in school you got the paddle for being a jackass & I can say I deserved all but one. Idk what the answer is but we have some serious problems in America!

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus38 View Post
              What's there to understand dude? You buy meth, crack & heroin on every street corner it illegal but they can't stop it. But giving up your rights because of crime is not the answer because the government will keep taking them! In Mexico guns are illegal but they have an all time high murder rate. I was in Dubia for a while, the UAE is safer than America. It's illegal to own guns. I never heard of stabbings, rape, domestic violence. But there laws a strict about protecting the innocent. If you beat your woman your going to jail, I.E. . We don't need more laws we need to enforce the ones we have. If your convicted of murder beyond a doubt you should get the chair! What about rape, pedophiles, those who hurt old folks. We can't waste time wondering wtf is wrong with those who commit these crimes, however there should be consequences for ones actions. I'm old school when I was in school you got the paddle for being a jackass & I can say I deserved all but one. Idk what the answer is but we have some serious problems in America!

We are talking about specific situations in specific high crime, high murder rates like south side Chicago. These specific locations are more like war zones then typical America.

We aren't advocating stop and frisk for the black guy walking to work in the morning. We are talking about the guy wearing gang colors or gang tats or acting shady in a dangerous area at 3am. It's about looking for certain signs.

If your walking down the street in a dangerous neighborhood at 3am with tear drop tats on your face, there is a good chance you are a criminal. Doesn't matter if it's a white guy, black, Mexican, whatever. It's about the situation.

Comment

I agree with you 100% that there should be harder consequences for those that do not follow the law. I will not argue that at all.

But I also have no issues with the stop and frisk in high murder and crime areas. Obviously what we are doing now is not working. Maybe we should make more areas in Chicago gun free zones. Or make it harder to own a firearm legally there. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  We are talking about specific situations in specific high crime, high murder rates like south side Chicago. These specific locations are more like war zones then typical America.

We aren't advocating stop and frisk for the black guy walking to work in the morning. We are talking about the guy wearing gang colors or gang tats or acting shady in a dangerous area at 3am. It's about looking for certain signs.

If your walking down the street in a dangerous neighborhood at 3am with tear drop tats on your face, there is a good chance you are a criminal. Doesn't matter if it's a white guy, black, Mexican, whatever. It's about the situation.
                  I'm in agreement with that statement. If your acting suspiciously, or look like your up to no good that would certainly warrant investigation by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post

gotta take all the guns away chadd..common bro..wake up get with the program..dude..:D

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                      You're cool with stop and frisk? You cool with them coming in your house and looking for steroids just because you are bigger then the average person?
                      This entire discussion has been about stopping thugs/gangsters on the street and frisking them. Nobody is talking about allowing officers to come into your home and just start rummaging around. lol come on.

Comment

London crime wave: Shock as six teenagers stabbed in 90 minutes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tes/492382002/

Comment

Working...
                        X