No announcement yet.

Cohesive Silicone Gel Breast Implant Clinical Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I feel the implants moving during exercises. Not just during chest exercises, but others as well. Weirdest one is doing skull crushers on the smith machine...they were quite painful for a long time after surgery, a tricep exercises but you need to stretch the pecs to perform it. Even during dumbell curls, you can see the chest moving unnaturally. It's not normally painful though, just weird! Generally, if there are no complications post-op, you can begin to train chest again and just get used to the feel of the implant moving under the pec muscles. The only reason I held off for nearly a year was because of pain, now it's just an odd feeling, nothing I can't deal with.

My muscles were cut along the bottom of the pec's, implants inserted, then the muscles were sewn up again. Initially, this will have the implant sitting quite high under the collar bone, but within about 3 mos. they dropped into place. I don't understand how "partials" can work for someone who trains like you do. I can imagine the implant slipping completely out from under the muscle. I've heard of that happening with women who don't train.

Sagging is only more prominent with overs because they only have the skin and fatty tissue to hold them in place. When you go completely under the muscle, the muscle is holding the implant in a pocket where it can't slip out (of course there are probably some weird ass problematic exceptions). Usually this will result in a more natural appearance and feel since the implant is tucked well beneath the muscle and the natural breast just sits above the muscle as before, disguising the implant. Some women have fantastic luck with overs. The Jarhead's wife (they've posted in this forum about implants) has overs and they look and feel perfectly natural, they hang like natural boobies and you can't feel her implants. They sag a bit but only perfectly to the point of them looking natural, she's never and won't have and children so that's a plus for her situation. If you plan to have kids, your breasts will enlarge during pregnancy and if you nurse, even moreso, therefore risking more pronounced sagging.

I'm lucky I was diagnoses when I was with the staph. A friend of mine who is a nurse came over 3 weeks post-op and I was complaining and she asked to see it. She said I needed to have it cultured to find out what kind of infection it was. It took over a week for the results to come back as there are multiple strains of staph and they needed to find which antibiotic would work best, but had it not been for her early intervention it could have been much worse. I was put on IV antiboitics and a follow up course of orals off and on for months following.

Although I prefer unders, Red, you may want to consider overs. I know you're liking unders as I do but....you compete, you lift heavier than I do, and you may not intend on breastfeeding children. Since you don't have a lot of natural breast tissue, overs will be more fake looking but they will not interfere with the things you feel important (plus, less breast tissue for ultrasonic breast exams should not cause a problem in latter years). I think most competive women go with overs. Often, the only time the bag will be noticible will be during lower bf competition levels but if the bags are overfilled that prevents much of the rippling of the edges of the implant although the implants will be harder.

I have a friend, Faith (you may have seen her pics on here in the past), well this weekend I sent her to the doctor. She has under the muscle implants but she's had bad problems with them from the beginning and now she's got an infection like I've never seen. 2/3 of her right breast is hard and red, swollen and hot. She's had corrective surgery performed once already about 4 yrs. ago but it's just not settling well with her. I sent her to my friend who owns a walk in clinic and they said another day or two and it she'd have been admitted into the hospital with the infection spreading into her bloodstream. The dr. who originally performed her surgery (and her corrective surgery) is an ass. I know a few women who had problems with him. I went to see him for a consult and Stromba was like NO FUCKIN WAY are we using him. I don't know how some doctors keep their licenses! Faith now needs the implants removed but her insurance probably won't cover having the non infected breast operated on so she's got to pay for that part and then reconstructive surgery (new implants) about a year after her infection is gone and all other parts have healed. She's single, in her early 40's and it just sucks to be going through this.

I know most of the stories about breast enhancement are good, but I share the bad as well, just as a forewarning so people don't make light of it. It's a fairly serious operation that's commonly performed without complications, but there are more complications than most people think. Just be prepared and research your doctor (word of mouth is best). Although I've had complications, I'm very happy I went through with the procedures. You might want to check out my post on Puddy'g board as I chimed in on the implant discussion in the women's forum there.
    Last edited by Puddles; 08-09-04, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X