leaned out for summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaned out for summer

Been trimming down for summer time...feel skinny as hell down to 195. but got rid of the winter flab. :thumb: But what the hell I figure Im doing ok for an old natty dude..'

Man put some pants on. Fuck sake.

Comment

great job brutha!!!

Comment

I'm not gonna give you a like or props on this one bro, allow me to explain before labeling me a cunt.

In your avatar you looked bigger and leaner. That's when you were really into it and 90% of your posts involved diet, training, and getting back into shape. The last few years however your posts became more about day to day life. I'm not saying posting about day to day life is a bad thing but i could tell your interest in getting into great shape had faded a bit. IMO that is reflected in your recent pic. Making it clear that you are an "old natty dude" should not be an excuse that exists in your mind. IMO thats a way for you to tell yourself "ehh at least I look better than other old out of shape people". Reach higher than that brother. I know for an absolute fact that you can look way better than this. I will always give props to progress, but this is not progress.

3 options in how people respond to a response like I gave above.

1. You deny it and tell yourself it's not true.
        2. You accept it but tell yourself it's ok because you've gotten a bit older.
        3. You accept it and you say "you know what god dammit bouncer is right, time to get fucken serious and put in real effort"! This is the eye of the tiger response.

Be the tiger.

Comment

Lip would you ever do a cycle?

Comment

lol.. TRUTH IS I have been working harder in the gym but I have switched up what Im doing. Im doing less reps now and actually concentrating on form and a bit heavier weight. Each pic will show different as your saying goes..smoke and mirrors...LMAO. I just snapped it this am as I went from 205 down to 195. so I took off about 10 lbs. I think 10 lbs would be very noticeable on a taller person compared to a shorter / stocker bigger person. It will make me look a lot smaller. Now ,,if you like Im sure I can get a picture and make me look bigger with the right lighting and angle of the camera...:grin:

As far as my posts go, My work out routine is pretty much the same as well as my diet. Again, I am doing a bit heavier weight and concentrating on the form with less reps and gonna see if that can help me get stronger and maybe a bit of size too. But when loosing a bit of flab I got over the winter to tighten up Im sure I lost a bit. Its not like I have a lot of size to loose:agreed:... I can control my weight pretty good thru diet now so I really don't have a lot to post about that. its not like I can talk about my new cycle im running every few months..:rofl:

At just short of 53 I think Im doing pretty damn good for myself. I am still and always striving to get better yet I am smart enough to realize I am who I am and work with what I got to be the best I can. I feel good, am healthy and damn sure look a whole lot better then 95% of the fuckers half my age so Im good with it. My work out/ gym ethics are strong and have not changed..nor will they. I hate a day when I miss the gym..

so that's the deal bro..keeping it real and working to improve.

if that's not the right answer..get fucked..:grin:

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
              Lip would you ever do a cycle?
              I doubt it. I do and have thought about it. In the past and now I cant risk loosing my job. If it ever got out I did my employment would be terminated. So is it worth that risk to me...no. also on a bigger scale, Im pretty damn healthy and in good shape. the risk of getting shut down when everything still works good is a big one. Why take it? In a few years I may think differently, but with everything going well..why change? I'm not that vain. I am who I am.:grin:

Comment

Ok rip fair enough. I do know I'm right when I say I know you can be better.

How about supps? Do you take some of the proven supps? Creatine mono absolutely works and is probably the most studied supp ever. Would give you a little bit of a filling effect to your muscles and enable you to train harder.

PWO creatine has been shown to be far more effective than pre workout creatine. so take it with a PWO shake if your not already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                  Ok rip fair enough. I do know I'm right when I say I know you can be better.

How about supps? Do you take some of the proven supps? Creatine mono absolutely works and is probably the most studied supp ever.
                  Funny you mention that...I got off everything I was taking over a year ago except the c-4 pre work out. I was actually thinking about getting back on creatine again. As im working a bit heavier and slower I thought it may actually show some. Im leaned out as far as I dare to at this point. as I said I even feel skinny in the first post.

But now Im gonna try and keep that lean and add a few back. when I first lost all the weight several years ago and got back into the gym. I was like yep..Ill get back to my old self and be 235 lbs again like in my 30's.... truth is that's not gonna happen at this age. Ive realized that. But that just means I have to work hard to keep in shape within my means. I think im doing that well. Im more comfortable with more weight on. but when I start hittin over 205 its just getting sloppy now...and I look softer. So I have to try to gain 5 lbs back to 200 and keep lean. when I can get that..then Ill try for 205.... just one step at a time. Im thinking working heavier will help...like I said Ive just switched it up and leaned out...now we will see if it works.... so you see...I haven't //lost it.... still going for it grasshopper :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                    Funny you mention that...I got off everything I was taking over a year ago except the c-4 pre work out. I was actually thinking about getting back on creatine again. As im working a bit heavier and slower I thought it may actually show some. Im leaned out as far as I dare to at this point. as I said I even feel skinny in the first post.

But now Im gonna try and keep that lean and add a few back. when I first lost all the weight several years ago and got back into the gym. I was like yep..Ill get back to my old self and be 235 lbs again like in my 30's.... truth is that's not gonna happen at this age. Ive realized that. But that just means I have to work hard to keep in shape within my means. I think im doing that well. Im more comfortable with more weight on. but when I start hittin over 205 its just getting sloppy now...and I look softer. So I have to try to gain 5 lbs back to 200 and keep lean. when I can get that..then Ill try for 205.... just one step at a time. Im thinking working heavier will help...like I said Ive just switched it up and leaned out...now we will see if it works.... so you see...I haven't //lost it.... still going for it grasshopper :thumb:
                    just to give a comparison. I was using the c4 for years which only has 1g of creatine. i dropped that and switched to 5 grams post workout of the mono and already looking fuller a week in at 5 grams per day. th c4 not only has just 1 gram of creatine but it also has an inferior type of creatine compared to monohrdrate.

order this now and add it to pwo shake! cheap as hell and will last 6 months. http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B002DYIZEO

Comment

B
                      I don't understand your need to shit all over him lol. he's happy with the results. he looks better than 99% of ppl his age. he wanted to be lean for the summer and he is lean. if he said getting ready for my first show then id think differently. its all about personal preferences and goals. I doubt his role model is Jay Cutler. I'm actually envious of how hes having so much fun and enjoying life not at the gym 2hrs a day like most of us LOL

I do agree with you in that he ready to put on lean mass with AAS. that's a good time to do it. this shit isn't for everyone. don't see the reason to push it. lets be honest sups will only have a little impact.

If you want to go that route get blood work and see where your are at. due to age test levels will be lower naturally. if its medically prescribed would your job care? at this point I wouldn't start the sup bs. all the chemicals were exposing ourselves too. shit aint cheap either.

Comment

jack im not shitting all over him at all. i don't understand how you can see it like that. knowing and wanting someone to be better than they currently are in my mind is being a good friend. rip can always count on me not to bs him. he can always count on me to tell it like it is. if he gets a compliment from me its because its truly deserved.

i look in the mirror every fucken day and say to myself "nope, not enough improvement work harder". this is how it should be. why should we be pleased with maintenance or normalcy?

take chuck for example. he knows he could look better, he knows he has a long way to go but when he posted his pics I gave him praise. why? because he has improved. all about moving forward. i dont see progress in rips pics and i'm not going to lie about it just to be friendly. that's fake IMO.

Comment

what about HRT lip. All legal

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                            not shitting all over him at all. i don't understand how you can see it like that. knowing and wanting someone to be better than they currently are in my mind is being a good friend.

take chuck for example. he knows he could look better, he knows he has a long way to go but when he posted his pics I gave him praise. why? because he has improved. all about moving forward. i dont see progress in rips pics.
                            I see what your saying.

Comment

Brah, looking good man...if you're happy and healthy, then fuck everything else:)

Comment

Working...
                              X