No announcement yet.

Help Save My Life!!! 32 years old and BFI > 40% @ 260lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im being honest... there are much better resources out their. yes i dont this community is as good as others with obese individuals.

did i hit too close to home...?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
      im being honest... there are much better resources out their. yes i dont this community is as good as others with obese individuals.

did i hit too close to home...?
      If I say no, you won't believe me. I just think that your first comment was incrediblely rude. He has clearly taken stock of what happened and trying to reverse those effects. Your comment was un-necessary. Then you proceeded to tell him to go somewhere else. Does that seem very welcoming?

Comment

this is more of a bb'lding site... IMO your probably better off with another resource.
        you really couldn't be more wrong. this is a site dedicated to bodybuilding, fitness, nutrition, training ect.. this site is for anyone that is looking to change their body like this guy is doing. come on dude, you are better then that. people like us know more about diet then most people. what do you want him to do, go get on a Jenny Craig forum where they talk about how they can eat cake and loose weight. the best thing he could have done is come here.
        Last edited by Bouncer; 11-27-07, 09:41 PM.

Comment

do you drink? try light beer LOL i knew this big guy years ago he lost 40lbs just gong to light beer. :drunk:

this is more of a bb'lding site... IMO your probably better off with another resource.
          Sorry, I don't drink any beer. Water, and sometimes diet soda with a meal.

I never said that this was not a bb'lding site, nor did I say that I was not going to start bb'lding. I figured that I needed to get my heart into better shape, and lower my bf before I started lifting. Body builders are very smart about what goes into there body and knows how it is going to affect them better than my over weight doctor telling me how to loose weight. Too many hypocrites in this world.

I am off with a better resource!!!! Diet, Nutrition and training are how people loose weight the last time I checked and Body Builders have got it down to a science.

Comment

^good luck to ya brother!

were good for support keep you on track so check in now and then

Comment

Originally posted by Mark A Anderson
              Sorry, I don't drink any beer. Water, and sometimes diet soda with a meal.

I never said that this was not a bb'lding site, nor did I say that I was not going to start bb'lding. I figured that I needed to get my heart into better shape, and lower my bf before I started lifting. Body builders are very smart about what goes into there body and knows how it is going to affect them better than my over weight doctor telling me how to loose weight. Too many hypocrites in this world.

I am off with a better resource!!!! Diet, Nutrition and training are how people loose weight the last time I checked and Body Builders have got it down to a science.
              agreed

Comment

Bouncer's advice to add healthy fats is bang-on; taking too much fat out of your diet is a sure-fire way to slow your metabolism down....the exact opposite of what you're trying to achieve.

Comment

If at all possible, you really should see a Dr. if you think you may have diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark A Anderson
                    I need someone to help save my life. I feel that if I don't do something I am going to have a heart attack or stroke. I am 32 years old, 5 feet 6 inches, 260 lbs with a BFI > 40%. I tried to get into a health study about people with high risk of Diabetes as it runs on both sides of my family. They would not let me in because of my BFI. So now I am here looking for some help. I have started doing Carido 2 days on 1 day off 3 days on 1 day off. I start with a 5 min warmup, 2 mph 2 min 2.5 mph 2 min, 2.8 mph 1 min. Then I spend 5-10 mins stretching. Next I get back on the treadmill for 30 mins at 3 mph. I do it at a slow speed because of my weight but I also workout with the treadmill at a 10% incline. My heartrate average is 160-165 bpm for the 30 min workout. I then do a 5 min cool down and some final stretching. My biggest problem is in my diet. I have cleaned it up a littel and I have lost 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks,I was 275lbs. I would like to lose 60 pounds at about 2-3 pounds a week. I also would like to add so weight liffting into my day but I am more worried about the weight right now. I have figured up my BMR to be at 3804 so I am figuring on a 3500 cal diet to mantain a 2-3 pound a week lost with the cardio. Is this right? I get up at 7:30, work from 8:00-500 with a lunch at 12:30 On Monday and Tuesdays I eat and go to school at 6:00 so I don't do cardio on Mondays but on Tuesdays I have to wait untill after school to do my cardio (8:50PM) I have been doing a lot of reading and don't really know where to start. I don't take any vitamins or suppliments right now so I am starting from scratch. What would you suggest for a diet, vitamins and suppliments? As for carbs and protein I can eat about anything. Also I need a good pre and post cardio workout meal. 4 of the 5 days I do cardio at 5:30 when I get home from work and afterward I feel like I can eat the rest of the night. Please help in anyway that you can!!!
                    1st i want to welcome u to SM. Everyone here has given u great advice and as a young bb i am learning soo much from these guys and they all have a lot to offer.
                    One of the hardest things to get through someone's head is "You have to eat to lose weight" I tell my parents all the time tis, and they r like NO, and they barely eat 3 meals a day (more like 2, bfast and dinner)
                    Just by cuttin out junk food u will c a dramatic change in ur body. U need to be eating every 3-4hrs, high in protein low in carbs and inbetween adding in healthy fats, and b4 u know it u will be in better shape.

Comment

^good luck to ya brother!

were good for support keep you on track so check in now and then
                      Thanks, I still have so much to learn and trying to get use to eating.

Originally posted by rado
                      You have some great advice on this thread, and then not some great...Have you thought about keeping a journal? Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week...I would just do it on Sunday's when you wake up; before you eat and after you piss...Keep a track of your weight, inches(waist, arms, thighs).

Also track your food intake; it will help you out tremendously...Good luck:)
                      Yes, I am using fitday.com. I will start my log tomorrow. I weigh myself only once a week because of the water weight changes. I will have to start doing it on Sunday mornings, thats good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                        Hey mark, good advice from rockiller and babyblues.

I would add that you dont need 3500 cals a day to maintain. that will just slow down or prevent fat lose. i would say something in the range of 2700-3000 would be good for you now with your goals.

few little tips to help reach your goal a little faster:

1. stay away from all sugar. even fruit.

2. drink at least a gallon of water a day.

3. take a fat burner (SAN Tight works well)

4. add in a protein powder

You have a good idea of what your diet should be already. One thing I notice in you second post in this thread is that you have almost no fat in your diet. That is a mistake. You need healthy fats to help you lose fat. Add in some good natural fats. Natural PB, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fatty fish, ect.. all in moderation
                        HAHA Your too good. Fitday figured my BMR to be 3707 and I need 2707 a day to lose two pounds a week. I have not ordered the SAN Tight yet because I don't know what kind of protein powder to order

Also went to the Dr. today and weighed in at 258!!!! Who hoo 2 pounds already. Thanks for the help guys and yes that is me in the picture. Sad is it not.

Comment

I ordered the Whey Protein blend from All the Whey (http://www.allthewhey.com) - they are a sponsor of this board and have excellent customer service, so I don't think you can go wrong here. They also have a discount code that you can use - check the bottom of this thread: http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...028#post404028

They have a variety pack that you can order to make sure you can pick a flavor you like before ordering a big batch. I really like the Banana flavor - tastes just like a banana milkshake even when mixed in water (which is what you should do).

Comment

^use this coupon code SM06 or ROB05 to recieve %10 off.

Comment

Is that protien powder comparable to Isopure? Mixes tastes and best protien money can buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev
                                Is that protien powder comparable to Isopure? Mixes tastes and best protien money can buy?
                                lol isopure is a brand just like any other company that makes isolates. "best protein money can buy." lol

Comment

Working...
                                X