Help Save My Life!!! 32 years old and BFI > 40% @ 260lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark A Anderson
    On the down side I am still having trouble eating every 3 hours. Up until 6 weeks ago I did not even eat breakfast so I have made some good progress in my diet and training. I am hoping that my body will get use to eating because I am still only getting 2200-2700 calories a day.
    2700 is about where you want to be so it dosent sound like you are doing to bad.

something that may help you is to update this thread on exactly what you are eating each day.

Comment

Hey Mark, how ya been????? Give us an update please.

I just hope ur eating clean during tis holiday season, i know its not ez.

Comment

How you doing Mark? Update will ya. :)

Comment

Mark- there are some great peeps here, that are giving you great advise. Keep up the good work bud, Rome wasn't built in a day you know!! you are making a lifestyle change here. bouncer has a great idea on writing down you daily food schedual in here. after you compile 4-5 days of this, it will give us more tools to give you suggestions on food selections, and meal times. get in the gym with you buddy, you will become addicted. it will help you get the goals you want to reach. good luck and keep chuggin'

Comment

Mark, give us an update. I see ya on here! :)

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
              Hey Mark, how ya been????? Give us an update please.

I just hope ur eating clean during tis holiday season, i know its not ez.
              Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              How you doing Mark? Update will ya. :)
              Originally posted by sonis9 View Post
              Mark- there are some great peeps here, that are giving you great advise. Keep up the good work bud, Rome wasn't built in a day you know!! you are making a lifestyle change here. bouncer has a great idea on writing down you daily food schedual in here. after you compile 4-5 days of this, it will give us more tools to give you suggestions on food selections, and meal times. get in the gym with you buddy, you will become addicted. it will help you get the goals you want to reach. good luck and keep chuggin'
              Thanks, sorry I have not been around. I did get to the Dr. Dec. 20 and have not heard back on the blood test. He said something about a liver enzyme being high last year but he thought that it was because of my weight. So they ran a CMP test what ever that is. The good news is I was 250 with all of my cloths and steel toed shoes on. Friday I left for Gatinburg, TN with my wife and babys and the in-laws in tow. LOL We had a great time and it just about killed my calves. I was walking the dog 3-4 times 30 min each time in the mountains. I walk at a 10 % grade in my treadmill but the 20-30 % grade they have in the mountains will give you a cardio work your legs will hate. I did not get on the scale this week as I was out of town so I will wait unil next Sunday to get a good weight. I also did my first arm workout last week and even working out with lite weight I was very sore for 4-5 days so I think that I need to go liter or less reps until my arms get use to it. My other computer crashed so I have been using the new one that I built and I still need to reload fitday. I have not been keeping up with the total calories that I have been eating but I have been trying to be good. I guess the scale will only tell the truth. Thanks for everyones support and help thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark A Anderson View Post
                Thanks, sorry I have not been around. I did get to the Dr. Dec. 20 and have not heard back on the blood test. He said something about a liver enzyme being high last year but he thought that it was because of my weight. So they ran a CMP test what ever that is. The good news is I was 250 with all of my cloths and steel toed shoes on. Friday I left for Gatinburg, TN with my wife and babys and the in-laws in tow. LOL We had a great time and it just about killed my calves. I was walking the dog 3-4 times 30 min each time in the mountains. I walk at a 10 % grade in my treadmill but the 20-30 % grade they have in the mountains will give you a cardio work your legs will hate. I did not get on the scale this week as I was out of town so I will wait unil next Sunday to get a good weight. I also did my first arm workout last week and even working out with lite weight I was very sore for 4-5 days so I think that I need to go liter or less reps until my arms get use to it. My other computer crashed so I have been using the new one that I built and I still need to reload fitday. I have not been keeping up with the total calories that I have been eating but I have been trying to be good. I guess the scale will only tell the truth. Thanks for everyones support and help thus far.
                cool man, keep updating. it will keep you in check to have to answer to someone so to speak.

Comment

cool man, keep updating. it will keep you in check to have to answer to someone so to speak.

I tell you what, my wife gave me a polar F-11 Heart Rate Moniter and I am very impressed. My other one was a pos and would cut off in the middle of the workout. This one tells me every thing that I would like to know plus some. Tonight I did my first workout with it and my total time on the treadmill was 57:30 Heart rate average was 140 bpm Heart rate max was 151 bpm burned a total of 652 calories and maintained in my heart rate zone for 51 mins. This one is a far cry from my other. I can also track my cardio fitness with a test that you do every month. If you don't improve you just change up your workout. Very nice tool that I will put to good use. Thursday is going to be my first chest workout so I will let you know how it goes Saturday. It took me two days to be sore from the arm workout so I figured that it will be the same with all of my workouts? I have also ordered ATW Whey Protein blend orange and vanilla, and also Vitargo-CGL Fruit Punch 4.18 lb. by Nutrex Research.

Sence this is a nutrition forum, when I do workout (6:00 pm) I have trouble getting a preworkout whole food meal. What is something easy to make and heat up to eat before I workout at 6:00 pm. Also how many servings a day should I have of the Whey Protein or does it depend on the total of the whole food protein I get in a day?

Comment

I tell you what, my wife gave me a polar F-11 Heart Rate Moniter and I am very impressed. My other one was a pos and would cut off in the middle of the workout. This one tells me every thing that I would like to know plus some. Tonight I did my first workout with it and my total time on the treadmill was 57:30 Heart rate average was 140 bpm Heart rate max was 151 bpm burned a total of 652 calories and maintained in my heart rate zone for 51 mins. This one is a far cry from my other. I can also track my cardio fitness with a test that you do every month. If you don't improve you just change up your workout. Very nice tool that I will put to good use. Thursday is going to be my first chest workout so I will let you know how it goes Saturday. It took me two days to be sore from the arm workout so I figured that it will be the same with all of my workouts? I have also ordered ATW Whey Protein blend orange and vanilla, and also Vitargo-CGL Fruit Punch 4.18 lb. by Nutrex Research.

Sence this is a nutrition forum, when I do workout (6:00 pm) I have trouble getting a preworkout whole food meal. What is something easy to make and heat up to eat before I workout at 6:00 pm. Also how many servings a day should I have of the Whey Protein or does it depend on the total of the whole food protein I get in a day?
                    It's cool that you have a wife that gets you gifts like that. Support is a huge factor. I can also see that you are very dedicated, working out on Christmas! Just make sure that you allow yourself to have fun sometimes also.

As far as what you should eat pre workout. About an hour before your workout you could have a small bowl of oats and a small whey shake. This meal should be small. Just enough nutrients to fuel the workout but not bloat or cause stomach problems.

I have a shake about twice a day between my 4-5 whole meals.

Comment

It's cool that you have a wife that gets you gifts like that. Support is a huge factor. I can also see that you are very dedicated, working out on Christmas! Just make sure that you allow yourself to have fun sometimes also.

As far as what you should eat pre workout. About an hour before your workout you could have a small bowl of oats and a small whey shake. This meal should be small. Just enough nutrients to fuel the workout but not bloat or cause stomach problems.

I have a shake about twice a day between my 4-5 whole meals.
                      That is what this weekend was about. Going out of town and having some fun. That is why I took the dog that way I had to do some walking and I ended up getting one heck of a workout. I took yesterday off and I had to try out the new Heart Rate moniter. I was looking at the programs that the HRM has me going. It is set up for a 5 day/week workout three normal lenghts (50min) one short (40 min) and one long (80 min) so it will very my workouts for me so that my heart will not get use to the workouts. I will try it for 6 weeks and see how much of a difference it makes. The good thing is that I am not over training my heart as it is too easy to do when you are trying to cut the fat off.

As to the preworkout meal. Would 1/2 cup oats and one scoop ATW whey protein be sufficent? Does it matter if I mix it all in a blender or should I consume the oats before the protein?

Comment

Also I did add ATW Micellar Caseins as my last meal of the night. Man I feel like I am drinking down plaster even when mixed with 20 oz water. But there is only so much cottage cheese that I can eat in a week so I will change them out from time to time.

Comment

Also I did add ATW Micellar Caseins as my last meal of the night. Man I feel like I am drinking down plaster even when mixed with 20 oz water. But there is only so much cottage cheese that I can eat in a week so I will change them out from time to time.
                          do you mix it in a blender? try adding some ice.

Comment

Comment

No I will try that, thanks.

Comment

by the way Mark, what is your sleeping schedule? you post on here late. make sure you are getting enough sleep. very important.

Comment

Working...
                                X