No announcement yet.

TOM PLATZ Diet. LMAO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember any specific diet that I read in Arnold book I read when I was a teenager way back in the stone age. I do remember he advocated eating a lot of meat and eggs and carbs. I don't remember how we came up with it but, post workout we used to put raw eggs in milkshakes and drink them. Also used to make eggnog and use it as a protein drink. (Probably from Muscle and Fitness mag) I think it helped me get more calories and make some good gains. The philosophy is a lot different now and a lot clearer. Everybody had their ideas back then and there was very little science to support anything.

Comment

Personally I think that this 6-8 small meals ed is a bunch of bullshit. 2-4 larger meals result in higher N2 retention over a 24 hour time frame. N2 retention is what repairs and builds muscle. Since the majority of protein utilization occurs in the intestine and not the stomach there isn't benefit to eating only 30-50 grams per meal, as the intestine can handle 300grams or more of protein at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
        Personally I think that this 6-8 small meals ed is a bunch of bullshit. 2-4 larger meals result in higher N2 retention over a 24 hour time frame. N2 retention is what repairs and builds muscle. Since the majority of protein utilization occurs in the intestine and not the stomach there isn't benefit to eating only 30-50 grams per meal, as the intestine can handle 300grams or more of protein at a time.
        don't mean to question your knowledge but do you actually follow this type of plan?

2 meals bro? come one. #1 i would be bloated to hell trying to get all my calorie needs in so few meals.

#2, are you not encouraging your body to store the excess cals in so few meals to store fat?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          don't mean to question your knowledge but do you actually follow this type of plan?

2 meals bro? come one. #1 i would be bloated to hell trying to get all my calorie needs in so few meals.

#2, are you not encouraging your body to store the excess cals in so few meals to store fat?
          Four meals work best for me, two large and two small. 3000 cals is is 3000 cals as long as they are not way beyond maintenance level you won't store them as fat. One exception being, carbs eaten late in the day or evening are more likely to be stored as fat due in an inverse relationship b/t cortisol and insulin. Weather you eat three or six meals ed, it's important to get the majority of your daily carbs early in in the day when cortisol is lowest.

Comment

wouldn't you agree then that 4-7 meals a day has many more benefits then 2-3 meals? both in terms of fat burning and muscle gain.

Comment

Bulking I can get by on 4 meals a day just fine. Cutting I need at least 6 and I'll usually eat 8 times or more.

Comment

I think each of us has to go by what we feel works best for us, I do best with fewer larger meals otherwise I'm hungry all the time. I can get pretty ripped on three moderate sized meals a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  I don't actually believe that diet was really followed Tom Platz, just doesn't seem enough food for his legiondary leg workouts but I do know his logic i terms of bulking was that hey if you need more calories than you burn to put on weight then why bother makeing them (the extra calories required)protien calories, eat ice cream its easier lol!
                  They would drink like a gallon of milk a day calories add up quick (i guess they didnt have whey protien)

16 cups or 1 gallon:
                  Skim Milk - 1280 calories; 0g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

1% Milk - 1600 calories; 40g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

2% Milk - 1920 calories; 80g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

Whole Milk - 2400 calories; 128g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

Comment

Gaining muscle with squats and milk

take a look at the diet at the bottom...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NYCmitch25; 01-03-09, 09:11 AM.

Comment

from what i have seen and read, arnold hated milk.

Comment

When I see a crazy diet I think at it like this, isnt body building a competition? So if you wanted to win why wouldnt you tell people fake diets your on to mess them up lol. I mean if you want to win isnt trick other competitiors part of the game. Just applying the world of drag racing or some other motorsport to the sutitation.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          from what i have seen and read, arnold hated milk.
                          I posted a quote above from pumping iron.... He says milk is for babies and real men drink beer when they ask him about drinking milk.... lol

However, I do know that in his encyclopedia of bodybuilding he gives several recipes for home made weight gain shakes that include powdered milk as your protein source...

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                            When I see a crazy diet I think at it like this, isnt body building a competition? So if you wanted to win why wouldnt you tell people fake diets your on to mess them up lol. I mean if you want to win isnt trick other competitiors part of the game. Just applying the world of drag racing or some other motorsport to the sutitation.
                            i think that book was written well after his comp days.

Comment

Originally posted by CrankinSteiN View Post
                              A lot differently I would say.... lol

Just point me to the BBQ.....
                              LMAO

Comment

Working...
                              X