Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet

I want to say help me out with the numbers, since it's been so long since I paid such detailed attention, but I don't know that I have the exact answer for what I'm trying to do. I want to lose some fat, period. Also need to gain some muscle, though. :retard:

5'4
    124lbs

Here's an example of what I ate yesterday --

Meal 1 --

3/4 cup jasmine rice
    4 oz chicken

Meal 2 --

3/4 cup jasmine rice
    3 oz grouper

Meal 3 --

scoop of plant protein
    1T natural peanut butter

Meal 4 --

3/4 cup jamine rice
    3 oz grilled chicken

Meal 5 --

6 oz grilled chicken
    lettuce mix

Calories : 1178
    Fat: 16g
    Carbs: 113g
    Protein: 136

I know my protein was lacking. On days I eat more fish, my protein intake is higher. Should I add another meal or shake? Should I just add more protein in the meals I'm eating - doesn't matter either way, right? Carbs - less/more? Is the fat okay? It's pretty bare minimum except for the 1T of peanut butter - my sanity saver. :whistle

I say add one more ounce of meat in meals in 1, 2, 4. I feel as if those portions aren't keeping you full for more than an hour.

Comment

i agree with Dna actually.

3oz is really small amount.

are you hungry for meal 2 and 4 or is that more you forcing yourself to eat?

would like to see you eat a fattier fish like salmon because your fat intake is super low. 16g daily isnt really enough. shoot for about 10-15 more grams of fat per day.

if you want to replace the rice in meal 2 and 4 with nuts or PB you can.

you dont need to loose fat IMO but more muscle i agree.

Comment

to add, i dont think you need 5-6 meals if you dont want to.

i think 4 bigger portion meals that = out to 125 grams protein, 125 Grams carbs, and 25 grams fat

500 cals pro
        500 cals carbs
        225 cals fat

total 1225 cals.

with your cardio, weight training and GH that should be perfect for keeping your metabolism high enough to burn fat and add muscle.

Comment

Whether I eat 4 or 5 meals in a day, depends on my day. If I'm working, sometimes it's hard for me to eat. When I'm home, I usually want to eat in 2 hours. Some meals I eat 3 oz, some I eat 4oz - depends on how hungry I feel at the moment. I can usually gauge what I can/want to eat at the time.

A lot of mornings I eat rolled oats with a banana instead of rice. But I don't think that changes too much. Also, some days I snack on 1/4 cup of almonds, and that's another 14g of fat. So maybe I'll continue doing that.

You think 125g protein is enough? Not to get to offtrack in this thread, but suppose I add some anavar? Wait until then to increase the protein?

Is 1200 calories enough on days I workout/cardio - probably burning several hundred of them?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
            Whether I eat 4 or 5 meals in a day, depends on my day. If I'm working, sometimes it's hard for me to eat. When I'm home, I usually want to eat in 2 hours. Some meals I eat 3 oz, some I eat 4oz - depends on how hungry I feel at the moment. I can usually gauge what I can/want to eat at the time.

A lot of mornings I eat rolled oats with a banana instead of rice. But I don't think that changes too much. Also, some days I snack on 1/4 cup of almonds, and that's another 14g of fat. So maybe I'll continue doing that.

You think 125g protein is enough? Not to get to offtrack in this thread, but suppose I add some anavar? Wait until then to increase the protein?

Is 1200 calories enough on days I workout/cardio - probably burning several hundred of them?
            yea i mean in general you are doing fine.

to make it simple and not get lost, just stay around the 1200 cal mark and watch progress each week. you should be able to tell in the mirror week by week if you are going in right direction. if you feel starving and weak on 1200 cals then adjust and add in a bit more.

you can up the protein now regardless of anavar. gh will help your body make proper use of it. at your weight though i dont think you need any more then 150 grams protein per day.

Comment

I want to say help me out with the numbers, since it's been so long since I paid such detailed attention, but I don't know that I have the exact answer for what I'm trying to do. I want to lose some fat, period. Also need to gain some muscle, though. :retard:

5'4
              124lbs

Here's an example of what I ate yesterday --

Meal 1 --

3/4 cup jasmine rice
              4 oz chicken

Meal 2 --

3/4 cup jasmine rice
              3 oz grouper

Meal 3 --

scoop of plant protein
              1T natural peanut butter

Meal 4 --

3/4 cup jamine rice
              3 oz grilled chicken

Meal 5 --

6 oz grilled chicken
              lettuce mix

Calories : 1178
              Fat: 16g
              Carbs: 113g
              Protein: 136

I know my protein was lacking. On days I eat more fish, my protein intake is higher. Should I add another meal or shake? Should I just add more protein in the meals I'm eating - doesn't matter either way, right? Carbs - less/more? Is the fat okay? It's pretty bare minimum except for the 1T of peanut butter - my sanity saver. :whistle
              Oh sweet I love figure/bikini prep. I've helped many of my wifes friends.

The diet is pretty hardcore.

How long have you been doing this?

What has happened since you started?

What are the specific goals? (Not just lose fat gain muscle).

What is the training? Cardio? Weights? When?

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan

Oh sweet I love figure/bikini prep. I've helped many of my wifes friends.

The diet is pretty hardcore.

How long have you been doing this?

What has happened since you started?

What are the specific goals? (Not just lose fat gain muscle).

What is the training? Cardio? Weights? When?
                The diet is the way it is because i don't have a lot of variety to work with. This was just what I ate yesterday, although most days are very similar. Sometimes I eat some fruit and vegetables, also.

I've been eating like this for 4 weeks on Monday. I don't honestly feel like much has happened. My waist is a little better, but that's about the extent of it.

My cardio/training is honestly all over the place. I had to get my "diet" on track ASAP, and the training will be when I come back from vacation.

My specific goals are to add some more muscle, lose the lower belly fat, the hamhocks lol, and tighten up my behind. I'm not competing or anything like that, so no "deadline" etc.

Comment

The diet is the way it is because i don't have a lot of variety to work with. This was just what I ate yesterday, although most days are very similar. Sometimes I eat some fruit and vegetables, also.

I've been eating like this for 4 weeks on Monday. I don't honestly feel like much has happened. My waist is a little better, but that's about the extent of it.

My cardio/training is honestly all over the place. I had to get my "diet" on track ASAP, and the training will be when I come back from vacation.

My specific goals are to add some more muscle, lose the lower belly fat, the hamhocks lol, and tighten up my behind. I'm not competing or anything like that, so no "deadline" etc.
                  I like you just the way you are....:pink:

Comment

Well the diet you listed is a pretty powerful diet. The foods and food combos are for high recovery; that's somewhat similar to how I'd structure the last 4 weeks of a figure competitor. Without moderately high/consistent cardio/weight training you will not lose anything.

Whats your day to day schedule like? When do you get up and go to bed?

Comment

Oh and what super supps are you taking ? Gh only?

Comment

Yeah, please list your complete daily routine from the moment you wake up till the time you go to bed...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                          Well the diet you listed is a pretty powerful diet. The foods and food combos are for high recovery; that's somewhat similar to how I'd structure the last 4 weeks of a figure competitor. Without moderately high/consistent cardio/weight training you will not lose anything.

Whats your day to day schedule like? When do you get up and go to bed?

Consistency is not in my vocabulary at the moment, and that's just being honest. I don't have a schedule, I am go go go, different times on different days. Between school, working at a bar to get through school, being a single mama, and trying to have me time (workout, etc), it gets a little chaotic. :agreed: Some days I'm out doing cardio at 5:30am, other days I'm working out at 10pm. I'm really going to work on doing things the same at least on specific days the best I can, when I get back.

Bottom line, I'm working on my diet at the moment. It's the one thing I do have "control" over now. I prepare in advance, take food with me if needed, etc. What are you getting at? Say I don't work out at all if you want. Say I do cardio 3x a week. Are you saying I'm eating too much?

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                            Oh and what super supps are you taking ? Gh only?

GH only

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                              Yeah, please list your complete daily routine from the moment you wake up till the time you go to bed...LOL

My day to day life could be a diary in itself :wacko:

Comment

Working...
                              X