Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    Not salty I'm just telling you.

Cut all carbs right now and go to the gym in 2 days time. You'll be weak as fuck compared to your normal self.
    That's why you consume good fats for the energy. I'm not against carbs man, I'm just wanting to do something different and it's a benefit.

Not like I'm saying; "I'm going back to Panera since they have better meals these days".....there's NOTHING negative of me going KETO, and if for any reason I want to go back to normal eating.

Ummm it'll take 1 meal ya dumbass.

It works for many pros and reg athletes. There's a reason it's good and works. I don't know about you, but I like changing Shit UP.

I will begin the zero sugar actually when I get back from FL. Now that I think about it, I won't be around for home made meals and being in another state, yea kinda hard to follow it, especially since I'm just starting it.

Comment

Starting tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
        Starting tomorrow....
        You going full keto? Keep a lot if you do. I'm interested in to how you feel training after you become fat adapted.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
          You going full keto? Keep a lot if you do. I'm interested in to how you feel training after you become fat adapted.
          For now...just zero sugar.

So far so good.

I do want to play around with different types of eating regimens.

Many guys that do bjj, do intermittent fasting.

I'm just tired of mine and although I'm doing well how I eat, I want a change and a challenge.

But I will keep a log if and when i decide full keto.

Comment

you'll adjust to it and get used to it but in terms of energy requirements for explosive movements and high intensity training you will never feel as strong compared to using carbs as an energy source.

the reason for that is that muscles and brain require glucose to function. so instead of giving your muscles the energy requirements it needs you are giving it fats that need to be converted into glucose. in other words, that conversion process is never going to be as efficient as feeding the body carbs directly.

im not hating or trying to stop you from doing this. i'm just saying that ketosis is used to get shredded. it's purpose is not to help you get stronger, perform better in the gym, put on muscle etc..

i have no problem with ketosis. i just think people that are already lean like you have no use for it. people that have a bunch of fat to lose are the people that should be using it.

just my thoughts bro. not talking shit. you already know what to do to get yourself in great shape, i just don't understand what you think ketosis will do for you.

Comment

Lasted for 4 days. It's Too Hard to monitor what doesn't have sugar, I eat clean as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                Lasted for 4 days. It's Too Hard to monitor what doesn't have sugar, I eat clean as it is.
                haha props for the honesty.

the real question though. did you or did you not feel weaker in the gym?

Comment

I eat such little sugar that I don't even worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    haha props for the honesty.

the real question though. did you or did you not feel weaker in the gym?
                    No difference and that's being straight up honest. Maybe I don't eat as much sugar as I had thought.

I keep carbs under 150...

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      I eat such little sugar that I don't even worry about it.
                      Not too much here either. But I do like my choc chip protein cookies

Comment

Working...
                      X