Holy sweet potato!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy sweet potato!

Well, I'm back on the wagon. I cook our food on Sundays, And, the last few times I've cooked them, they've turned out kinda stringy- made me almost gag when I ate them. So, this time I cooked them wrapped in foil, and omg are they amazing!!!

they are great when cooked right,I eat the gerber babyfood sweet potatos as well a few jars a day when I diet. I put a bit of cinnimon on them and there great.

Comment

Slice them like french fries, lightly spray a baking tray and stick them in the oven. A light sprinkling of salt is all they need - yummy!

Comment

All I've ever done is cut the ends off and bake them at 350....

Comment

yup. tin foil the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
            With some brown sugar:agreed:
            doesnt that defeat the point somewhat?

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER View Post
              doesnt that defeat the point somewhat?
              Yeah, just a little:wack:

Actually, Splenda now makes a brown sugar version...I haven't tried it, but it's out there. And, on a sidenote- I've tried baking w/ Splenda before, and contrary to what the ads say- my food has not turned out the same way it has baking with real sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                Slice them like french fries, lightly spray a baking tray and stick them in the oven. A light sprinkling of salt is all they need - yummy!
                How long in the oven...sounds good:)

Comment

I've usually gone about 20-25 minutes, just enough to get them crispy on the outside but still soft inside - if you go too long, they get too dry. Experiment with it - I think it is hard to mess up. :)

Comment

Thnx scrumhalf...:)

Comment

Working...
                    X