Dave Asprey on Joe Rogan Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    turning it off. guy is out there with his BS, wants to make everything more difficult then it is.

fucken weirdo is talking about himilayen salt made by monks. lol gtfo
    That is how all of these "diet" guys make money, they make it extremely more difficult and complicated then it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
      That is how all of these "diet" guys make money, they make it extremely more difficult and complicated then it should be.
      Why are people always looking for this "magical" way of doing things? My mind works in exactly the opposite way. I like black and white and to the point. Like beast with his yogurt none sense. Peoples minds seem to want to believe in these fairy tails. i truly dont understand and cannot relate to it.

Comment

he considers exercise to be wasting time. lmao. thus the reason he looks like nothing.

Comment

I would love to see some research validating any of those seemingly outrageous claims.
          All of his claims are based on research guys. Stop living in the stone ages. You guys have your mind made up about calories and it's wrong, I'm telling you. This guy Dave Asprey reads all of the studies, tests them on himself. The guy is under 10% bodyfat and he eats a huge amount of calories and doesn't even work out!

You guys are really being narrowminded here. Bouncer, I've seen you claim to be a man of science but you sit here and say that if you take in 1000 more calories than you burn then you're going to get fat? Based on what science? Read his site if you want the studies, here is a photo of him:

» Why I Do This The Bulletproof Executive

Comment

he considers exercise to be wasting time. lmao. thus the reason he looks like nothing.
            Bouncer, he's ripped and built very well. You eat the right type of foods, you get your hormones in balance and you are not going to get fat regardless of calories.

Comment

Maybe you're just too simple minded to understand the science behind it? You guys slave away all week long making your chicken and rice, going to the gym an hour or two every single day. Timing your pre and post workout meals - hell you can't even function in a normal society like that especially if you have a real job, kids, and travel for your job. You guys are missing out on a lot of life because you're so obsessed with your chicken and rice and "keeping things simple" as if you have it all figured out.

There is a better way and that better way is science. Not bodybuilder bro science, but real science and this guy Dave Asprey is on the leading edge of this. You guys didn't even give the fucking thing a chance. Just talked shit about Joe Rogan and turned off the podcast without using any amount of intelligence to listen to what the guy was saying, read his site, nor look at the studies he shows to back up his positions.

Bunch of stubborn fucks. :weights:

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced1 View Post
                All of his claims are based on research guys. Stop living in the stone ages. You guys have your mind made up about calories and it's wrong, I'm telling you. This guy Dave Asprey reads all of the studies, tests them on himself. The guy is under 10% bodyfat and he eats a huge amount of calories and doesn't even work out!

You guys are really being narrowminded here. Bouncer, I've seen you claim to be a man of science but you sit here and say that if you take in 1000 more calories than you burn then you're going to get fat? Based on what science? Read his site if you want the studies, here is a photo of him:

» Why I Do This The Bulletproof Executive
                I was referring to the claims on the salt that I posted, not on this guys diet (Which seems like just a twist on the paleo diet).

I was just bashing the podcast, I would like to listen to it but I need to mute the clown crew.

Comment

I was referring to the claims on the salt that I posted, not on this guys diet (Which seems like just a twist on the paleo diet).

I was just bashing the podcast, I would like to listen to it but I need to mute the clown crew.
                  Here is dave at a conference. Skip to the 18 minute mark of the video and he outlines what we should all do, good stuff:

The Upgraded Self: Top 6 Biohacks to Upgrade Your Body and Mind on Vimeo

Comment

You guys are really being narrowminded here. Bouncer, I've seen you claim to be a man of science but you sit here and say that if you take in 1000 more calories than you burn then you're going to get fat? Based on what science?
                    did you take your fucken retard pill today? based on basic fucken science for christ sakes. you eat more then you burn you will gain. you eat less you will lose. this is the most elementary of basics.

Comment

Maybe you're just too simple minded to understand the science behind it? You guys slave away all week long making your chicken and rice, going to the gym an hour or two every single day. Timing your pre and post workout meals - hell you can't even function in a normal society like that especially if you have a real job, kids, and travel for your job. You guys are missing out on a lot of life because you're so obsessed with your chicken and rice and "keeping things simple" as if you have it all figured out.

There is a better way and that better way is science. Not bodybuilder bro science, but real science and this guy Dave Asprey is on the leading edge of this. You guys didn't even give the fucking thing a chance. Just talked shit about Joe Rogan and turned off the podcast without using any amount of intelligence to listen to what the guy was saying, read his site, nor look at the studies he shows to back up his positions.

Bunch of stubborn fucks. :weights:
                      yea bro, he has it all figured out and I know nothing. just wasting my time eating like i do. he has nothing at all to do with bodybuilding. he is a fad fat loss gimmick. its pseudo science horse shit. yea bro all us bodybuilder types know nothing but the 150 lb nerd talking about fucking monk salt has it all figured out. fuck outta here. go follow his bs bro, run a log and update once a week. i look forward to seeing your progress from your new cutting edge diet coach. :rofl:

Comment

Here is dave at a conference. Skip to the 18 minute mark of the video and he outlines what we should all do, good stuff:

The Upgraded Self: Top 6 Biohacks to Upgrade Your Body and Mind on Vimeo
                        what we should all do? what so i can look like him? bro i dont know what the fuck kind of standards you have as to what counts as a good physique but he sure as fuck doesn't have it.

Comment

Guy is full of woo. Calories in vs calories out is THE most basic of well proven concepts for weight loss. Yes, for body recomposition, you have you have to pay attention to macros, but for weight loss nothing is important as calorie intake,

The single biggest reason fatties claim they don't lose weight with watching calories is that they badly underestimate how many calories they are consuming, not because there is something more complicated going on with their hormones.

When people are strictly monitored for their intake, they lose weight. Pure and simple.
                          Last edited by Scrumhalf; 10-18-12, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            Guy is full of woo. Calories in vs calories out is THE most basic of well proven concepts for weight loss. Yes, for body recomposition, you have you have to pay attention to macros, but for weight loss nothing is important as calorie intake
                            You're wrong. Science does not back that up. I've posted my proof right here where is yours?

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/not-t...time-magazine/

Comment

what we should all do? what so i can look like him? bro i dont know what the fuck kind of standards you have as to what counts as a good physique but he sure as fuck doesn't have it.
                              What are you talking about man? The topic at hand here is that calories in vs. calories out don't matter all that much for fat loss. If they did then this guy, dave asprey would be a huge fatass. Here is a pic of him with his shirt off. Not fat. He looks pretty damn good for someone who doesn't work out and eats 4000-5000 calories per day.

If you want to talk about bodybuilding and building muscle to have a good physique then you need to lift weights and bodybuild in the gym. We're talking about fat loss here and it's not about calories. It just isn't.
                              Attached Files

Comment

What are you talking about man? The topic at hand here is that calories in vs. calories out don't matter all that much for fat loss. If they did then this guy, dave asprey would be a huge fatass. Here is a pic of him with his shirt off. Not fat. He looks pretty damn good for someone who doesn't work out and eats 4000-5000 calories per day.

If you want to talk about bodybuilding and building muscle to have a good physique then you need to lift weights and bodybuild in the gym. We're talking about fat loss here and it's not about calories. It just isn't.
                                Sorry it absolutely is about calories. You simply don't understand basic science. The way he lost weight and the anyone loses weight is a calorie deficiency. If you want to buy into magic and mirrors by all means do so but don't expect people that know wtf there talking about to follow along with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X