Dave Asprey on Joe Rogan Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juiced1 View Post
    Here is dave at a conference. Skip to the 18 minute mark of the video and he outlines what we should all do, good stuff:

The Upgraded Self: Top 6 Biohacks to Upgrade Your Body and Mind on Vimeo
    I watched the video. He lost me when he pulled out the heart rate monitor thing. Also, the flexibility demo is bullshit, I could follow that guys diet to a T and never become more flexible without stretching.

His one good piece of advice was increasing Vit D.

Also, I browsed through the forums on his site, I noticed a lot of people talking about intermittent fasting during the day, so obviously calories count.

Comment

turbo did you know his diet makes your iq higher? :lmao:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        It does. As does creatine. A study showed creatine alone boosted IQ by 12 points. A scientific study.

Comment

It does. As does creatine. A study showed creatine alone boosted IQ by 12 points. A scientific study.
          post it.

Comment

Did a little more digging on this guy and listened to most of the podcast.

Lots of stuff he says makes good sense and most people that care about nutrition have heard those ideas before:
            Vit D
            Grass fed beef
            Good fats instead of bad fats
            Good carbs instead of fast bad carbs

Pretty basic stuff, which I agree with.

I know that he is selling coffee for $17 a half pound and protein powder is going $70 for 2 pounds. You need to have a bulletproof budget to strictly follow his rules. So, his diet is "free" but he wants you to buy his products, that is his angle. He also doesn't really explain the diet. You can browse his forum and see where people are mentioning fasting times, re-feed days, etc...but I have no idea where they are getting that information.

I would give it a try in December if I knew all of the details, so I will continue to search and post results if I can formulate a good plan and make if affordable.

Comment

post it.
              I did a quick pubmed search and came up empty. I will search more throughly this week.

Comment

post it.
                Sure.

» Step 6: Upgrade Your Brain The Bulletproof Executive

Just when you thought the only similarity between body builders and nerds was their secret obsession with World of Warcraft – it turns out they also take some of the same supplements. Creatine helps you lift more weight, both mentally and physically. Your brain uses creatine to perform synapses, and studies have shown that it improves your brain function, especially in vegetarians who are almost guaranteed to be creatine deficient. The study referenced above used 5 grams per day, which is a good starting place for improving brain function.
                And here's the study:

Oral creatine monohydrate supplementation impr... [Proc Biol Sci. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

Comment

Intelligence is not fixed. There are many things you can do and many supplements you can take to make your brain function at a higher level. It even shows in elementary schools when poor kids function worse than middle class kids due to the quality of food they are getting.

» Step 6: Upgrade Your Brain The Bulletproof Executive

Comment

interesting juiced.

Comment

Juiced,

Do you drink his coffee or do you make your own? He states to use mold free beans, I don't think a grocery store organic brand is also mold free.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                        Juiced,

Do you drink his coffee or do you make your own? He states to use mold free beans, I don't think a grocery store organic brand is also mold free.
                        christ

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
                          Juiced,

I get the beans from whole foods, store them in the freezer and then grind them each morning in a small coffee grinder and make a cup with that amazing kerrygold grass fed butter. Had a big cup this morning and felt like a million bucks!

Comment

are you 2 gays interested in building a decent physique or are you more interested in fucken monk salt and coffee from the rare alpaca of rio. fuck me just eat clean, train, cardio, and hormona. thats it. simple.

Comment

are you 2 gays interested in building a decent physique or are you more interested in fucken monk salt and coffee from the rare alpaca of rio. fuck me just eat clean, train, cardio, and hormona. thats it. simple.
                              I'm interested in being healthy, being resistant to cancer and heart disease, feeling healthy with stable moods all day every day, and having a nice lean body with some defined muscles. And I want to achieve this with the latest and greatests "hacks" to my biochemistry using science.

How do you know what eating "clean" really is? What if I told you that chicken you are eating is genetically modified, kept in a cage in horrible conditions and eats moldy corn? Then that means that chicken you are eating is poisonous bro and it isn't clean by any stretch of the imagination.

What if I told you your all natural peanut butter is loaded with mold and mycotoxins that are causing damage to your liver which is screwing up your moods? You know in chinese medicine they believe the liver controls our hormones. Here is some info on what type of symptoms you would have if your liver is congested. Read this and see if you have symptoms of a congested liver:

How the liver relates to chronic fatigue, age-related vision and memory loss
                              (This is a very legit site run by a well known chinese doctor in canada. I've used her stuff and personally talked to her)

Comment

I'm interested in being healthy, being resistant to cancer and heart disease, feeling healthy with stable moods all day every day, and having a nice lean body with some defined muscles. And I want to achieve this with the latest and greatests "hacks" to my biochemistry using science.

How do you know what eating "clean" really is? What if I told you that chicken you are eating is genetically modified, kept in a cage in horrible conditions and eats moldy corn? Then that means that chicken you are eating is poisonous bro and it isn't clean by any stretch of the imagination.

What if I told you your all natural peanut butter is loaded with mold and mycotoxins that are causing damage to your liver which is screwing up your moods? You know in chinese medicine they believe the liver controls our hormones. Here is some info on what type of symptoms you would have if your liver is congested. Read this and see if you have symptoms of a congested liver:

How the liver relates to chronic fatigue, age-related vision and memory loss
                                (This is a very legit site run by a well known chinese doctor in canada. I've used her stuff and personally talked to her)
                                Mass produced chicken is fucking nasty. I have tired of eating it for months, and limited myself to small quantities of chicken a couple of years ago. I am now going chicken free, fuck those nasty hormona birds. I will splurge on some good quality chicken maybe twice a month, but I am walking away from mass farmed crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X