Creatine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    So I have never really "cycled" creatine, just been using it on workout days at 5 grams per day post workout. Been doing this for years. Over the last few months I have noticed my muscles seem to cramp easier, abdomen cramps, etc..

I decided the other day that I would come off creatine for awhile and see if that helps. Already my stomach feels a little less bloated.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced cramping/bloating from creatine. Anyone have any studies that talks about this?

Thanks
    you may want to switch over to CEE.

Comment

Been over 3 weeks now since I have come off creatine. I have not lost any weight or strength. As a matter of fact I have gotten stronger and put on a few lbs of clean weight. My stomach feels much less bloated and I generally feel better overall.

Comment

So I have never really "cycled" creatine, just been using it on workout days at 5 grams per day post workout. Been doing this for years. Over the last few months I have noticed my muscles seem to cramp easier, abdomen cramps, etc..

I decided the other day that I would come off creatine for awhile and see if that helps. Already my stomach feels a little less bloated.

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced cramping/bloating from creatine. Anyone have any studies that talks about this?

Thanks

bouncer i just started using creatine on a reg basis -- pre and post -- my gut is def bloated --

not doing any shows anytime soon so not an issue for me at this point -- deff bloated though

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
          bouncer i just started using creatine on a reg basis -- pre and post -- my gut is def bloated --

not doing any shows anytime soon so not an issue for me at this point -- deff bloated though
          might want to rethink it bro. not sure its worth it. me and you tend to be pretty similar in how our bodies respond.
          Last edited by Bouncer; 05-11-08, 09:27 AM.

Comment

might want to rethink it bro. not sure its worth it. me and you tend to be pretty similar in how our bodies respond.
            agreed -- starting to balloon and i dont like it -- get nice strength gains but the bloat and uncomfortable feeling -- not worth it

Comment

well, it has been over a month since i came off creatine. my strength is up, my weight is up, the bloat feeling in my stomach is gone, and the cramps are almost none existent. i would say for me, creatine was more harm then good.

Comment

Thats good to hear Bouncer......

If you try creatine again, make sure to cycle on and off of it, so you don't cramp and bloat constantly.

Comment

well, it has been over a month since i came off creatine. my strength is up, my weight is up, the bloat feeling in my stomach is gone, and the cramps are almost none existent. i would say for me, creatine was more harm then good.
                  are you on gear?

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
                    are you on gear?
                    test and tren.

Comment

could that be why your gaining strength and size even though you are off the creatine?

Comment

Originally posted by COLOSSUS View Post
                        could that be why your gaining strength and size even though you are off the creatine?
                        lol. yes. i wasnt really implying that because i came off creatine i was getting stronger. just saying that there have been no negatives from coming off. only positives.

Comment

Bouncer. I just think you were on it for too long. I think your body adapted to it and yeah I guess like the old saying goes, too much of anything can be bad. I believe that creatine works well, and I cycle it and I always feel great when I go back onto it.

If I were you bouncer, I'd take creatine while off cycle and not bother with it while you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by toolwtf View Post
                            Bouncer. I just think you were on it for too long. I think your body adapted to it and yeah I guess like the old saying goes, too much of anything can be bad. I believe that creatine works well, and I cycle it and I always feel great when I go back onto it.

If I were you bouncer, I'd take creatine while off cycle and not bother with it while you are on.
                            cant argue with that. definitely was on it for too long.

Comment

Working...
                            X