BCAA Bullshit - Meta Analysis Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
    "Other supplements that contain all necessary amino acids stimulate a greater muscle growth response, which suggests that taking BCAA supplements alone is not the best way to optimize muscle growth with weight training"

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0714093757.htm

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Read the new meta analysis. That trumps any single study. The scientific consensus is that they do not work regardless of your ability to find a write-up here and there that says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
      The only time I take an amino acid supplement is when I am fasting because I want to trigger muscle protein synthesis.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
      Fasting/ low calorie or your burning through way more calories than your taking in for whatever reason.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been saying this from Day 1. There is *some* value for BCAAs in an interrupted fasting protocol, but otherwise, total waste of money.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          I've been saying this from Day 1. There is *some* value for BCAAs in an interrupted fasting protocol, but otherwise, total waste of money.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
          Some of these studies now are saying that actually without the presence of protein bcaa's do nothing at all during fasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Some of these studies now are saying that actually without the presence of protein bcaa's do nothing at all during fasting.
            I saw a video of Maddog and he said you should get ecaa instead of bcass... but I don't follow him so I don't know

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X