No announcement yet.

new workout idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the reasoning behind the one month no arms training, - would it be better with two weeks or is there some reason for the 4 weeks?
    I took whole weekend off from friday on(stress) and don't mind hittin four weeks of no arms if there was an added benefit over 2 weeks

K

Comment

Originally posted by num1son
      What's the reasoning behind the one month no arms training, - would it be better with two weeks or is there some reason for the 4 weeks?
      I took whole weekend off from friday on(stress) and don't mind hittin four weeks of no arms if there was an added benefit over 2 weeks

K
      I say four weeks b/c that will allow enough time to recover from overtraining. There is no scientific explination if that is what you are looking for, but you have to think about it man. You have been overtraining for some time now so your arms need a break. As long as your keeping your protein intake up and training other bodyparts you won't lose any size. You will feel like you have just because you won't be sore or pumped from the workout, but you will be fine.

It's up to you how long you take off man and about 90% of the time most guys won't do it and they go back to their own training styles. Then you see them complaining about arm size again. I was the same way.

WM

Comment

too best exercises with my tris are cable pulldowns and very slow skullcrushers

stuff like narrow grip bench and tri extensions don't do much for me....just experiment with a handful of exercises and see which you feel more

Comment

Well i'm gonna give my arms a break from direct lifts...for 28 days then have some fun and see what happens

K

Comment

yeah, wheyman's right. Remember your own words, bi's and tri's are smaller muscle groups, they dont need that many sets. Damn, aren't your arms just dead after doing 4 sets of one exercise anyway. Cut down to 3 set per exercise and maybe a total of 3 exercises, if that even.

Comment

I've always had tons of muscular endurance... always trained HIT my whole life with soccer and wrestling so I got so used to it. I just needed to step back and take a look at the big picture... with the help of a few people yelling at me to step back hahaha

K

Comment

i didn't really read through all of this and im not sure if this has been suggested, but: rather than lifting a lagging group twice as often as stronger groups, lift stronger groups half as much as you lift lagging groups. So like lift bis every 4 days, back every 8 days, or whatever you wanna do.

:hmmm: just a thought.

Comment

So far I've taken a lil over a week off on arms and notice a big difference, I took an extra 5 days off the whole body and it gave me a lot of renewed vigor, my tri's actually look better(could be in my mind but look more rounded) Yah I only train traps once every 10 days or once a week and they are growing nicely so I guess I just have to really listen to the individual parts and make a wierd time frame split

K

Comment

It's been 2 weeks how much longer do I have to wait... :) I do feel better taking arms off infact my chest and back lifts have been much more fullfilling and better strength wise

K

Comment

Originally posted by num1son
                      It's been 2 weeks how much longer do I have to wait... :) I do feel better taking arms off infact my chest and back lifts have been much more fullfilling and better strength wise

K

I'd give it another week or two; I would wait two more. Remember that when you start again not to go back to so much volume. 3 movements, 3 sets will be more than enough..You could even do a little less and still get gains.

WM

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman
                        DAMN! Well that's your answer right there buddy, you doing entirely too many sets for arms. That's actually more than what I was anticipating.

That's 17 sets for bi's and 15 sets of tri's to failure. At the most all you need is 9 sets for bi's and 9 for tri's..Three movements, three sets each.

I would take off of arms for completely for a month. After that start fresh with a new approach.
                        I agree. I am a big believer in fewer quality sets. Take some time off, like what has been suggested and the after a couple of weeks of training again do something different like the following if you feel stuck:
                        100s
                        tempo sets
                        21's
                        high rep drops

I like to do these when I feel like workout is reaching sticking point (not sore the next day).

how often do you change up your workout?

Comment

Today is my first day back training arms, I'm extremely excited... gonna take it easy and make sure I just get into the groove
                          Iceberg, usually 6 weeks i change things up, maybe reps or replace a movement, every so often i go really high reps and just burn myself out, a lot depends on my goals and how my body is feeling

K

Comment

Working...
                          X