No announcement yet.

Ok Newbiechris, check in time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do that, should I eat less eggs in the morning then? What else is a good 'morning' carb w/fiber?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
      I don't have time to cook oatmeal every morning.
      Are you serious? It takes 1 minute to cook the Quaker oats from Costco. Put 1 cup in a cereal bowl, add water and stick in the microwave for 1 minute. Add some pecans on top and you are ready to go. A half spoon of splenda if you need it sweetened, or half a banana. It can't possibly take more than 2 minutes total, otherwise you are doing something wrong. Not trying to be argumentative here, but how can you not have 2 minutes to spare?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Are you serious? It takes 1 minute to cook the Quaker oats from Costco. Put 1 cup in a cereal bowl, add water and stick in the microwave for 1 minute. Add some pecans on top and you are ready to go. A half spoon of splenda if you need it sweetened, or half a banana. It can't possibly take more than 2 minutes total, otherwise you are doing something wrong. Not trying to be argumentative here, but how can you not have 2 minutes to spare?
        I thought that was instant Oatmeal? I thought that instant oatmeal had a lot of salt?

Comment

No, not instant Oatmeal. This is the Quaker Old Fashioned oats that you get in the giant cardboard box at Costco, or in the cylindrical containers at the regular grocery store. It only takes a minute to cook in the microwave. I eat it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            No, not instant Oatmeal. This is the Quaker Old Fashioned oats that you get in the giant cardboard box at Costco, or in the cylindrical containers at the regular grocery store. It only takes a minute to cook in the microwave. I eat it every day.
            the original quaker oats from costco take about 2 minutes. they arent the small cut kind. at least around here there not. not that it makes much of a difference.. 1-2 minutes.

Comment

Well then I'll just eat Oatmeal, eggs, and a banana....

Now post workout I need help. Any good threads?

Comment

Post wokout shake is pretty simple. ~50 grams of whey and a fast digesting carb whether it be waxy maize or a dextrose/maltodextrin mix. Maybe even blend in a bannana or oats if u want. 45 minutes later have a good protein source, good carb source, and good fat source, and maybe some veggies.

Comment

Working...
                X