Working out twice a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out twice a day

So, the semester is coming to an end in about 3 weeks.

I plan on starting to work out twice a day. Around 11am will be my first exercise which will consist of strength training.

Later on in the day I will do cardio for about 30-40min. Its will be mostly for fat burn, so i will keep my heart rate between 125-140.

So a typical week might look like this:

Monday: 11am Chest. 6pm Cardio
    Tuesday: 11am Back. 6pm Cardio
    Wednesday: 11am Shoulders and Traps.
    Thursday: 11am Biceps and Triceps. 6pm Cardio
    Friday: 11am Legs
    Saturday: OFF
    Sunday: Cardio at anytime.

Diet will change, I will be increasing complex carbs and calories.

Diet might look like this:

9:30am: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 2 pieces multi-grain bread, 2g fish oil, multivitamin

12:00pm: 50g Whey Protein, 50g Maltodextrin

1:00pm: 7oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 4oz mixed vege's

4:00pm: 6oz chicken, 5oz vege's

6:45pm: 50g Whey Protein

7:45pm: 6oz chicken, 5oz vege's, 2g Fish oil

10pm: 6oz cottage cheese

In between meals I will be eating almonds.

This is still a work in progress, i haven't finalized any of these. Just looking for feedback.

I can substitute sweet potatoes in for brown rice or oatmeal.

I did this before last summer, however my calorie intake was low, so by 10pm i crashed.

My goals are to slowly keep coming down so i can be around 10% bodyfat. I am at 15% right now. Current weight is 219lbs.

I am hoping to enter the Spring semester in tip top shape. I will be working out with my friend (cpak59) all winter long, and than by Summer of next year work with a few trainers and possibly try to get ready for a natural show.

My friend is doing a show next year, and he wants me to enter as well.

Sorry for long post. Thank you guy/girls :)

If your looking for fat burn, why not cardio first thing in the morning before eating. No carbs in your system= fat ripe for burning.

Diet looks on point for fat burning

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
      If your looking for fat burn, why not cardio first thing in the morning before eating. No carbs in your system= fat ripe for burning.

Diet looks on point for fat burning
      I was thinking of doing that. How would i incorporate cardio in the morning, and than lifting a few hours later?

Thing is my workout partner and I always lift around lunch time, makes life easy for the both of us.

Comment

If you do your cardio around 8-8:30am you should be fine by 11.

Comment

Ok that is manageable. I can do cardio outside in the morning right? 30min walk/jog around the neighborhood and than come eat my meal and prep for lifting?

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
            Ok that is manageable. I can do cardio outside in the morning right? 30min walk/jog around the neighborhood and than come eat my meal and prep for lifting?
            So the only thing you will be doing is training? No work or school during this period? I think it becomes real easy to overtrain with 2xper day training.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
              So the only thing you will be doing is training? No work or school during this period? I think it becomes real easy to overtrain with 2xper day training.
              I agree weight training twice a day puts you at risk for overtraining. But cardio and weights in the same day but separated by a meal or two shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin View Post
                yes training twice a day. One for cardio one for strength. I won't have anything else, no work and no school.

Comment

That's not really "training" twice a day. It's training once a day and card in the evening. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    That's not really "training" twice a day. It's training once a day and card in the evening. Lol
                    Isn't cardio a form of training?

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                      Isn't cardio a form of training?
                      I think B is labeling anaerobic as training. Aerobic is a different concept unto itself

Comment

Nothing wrong with doing cardio and lifting on the same day. You have a couple of pretty light days - do shoulders/traps and arms need their dedicated days?

Anyway, I would move cardio to those days - that way, there is less interaction between cardio and your heavy lifts like chest and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          Nothing wrong with doing cardio and lifting on the same day. You have a couple of pretty light days - do shoulders/traps and arms need their dedicated days?

Anyway, I would move cardio to those days - that way, there is less interaction between cardio and your heavy lifts like chest and back.
                          yes they need their dedicated days because I hit them very hard just like the rest of my body.

The biggest energy drainer is back and legs. Every time i leave the gym i am a zombie. I just end up sleeping, lol. So i won't do cardio on those days.

Comment

I'm waiting for the future post saying "I've stuck to it most of the time (aka 2-3 days), but there are the days where I'm just doing family stuff or life gets in the way, so it hasn't been perfect" :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
                              I'm waiting for the future post saying "I've stuck to it most of the time (aka 2-3 days), but there are the days where I'm just doing family stuff or life gets in the way, so it hasn't been perfect" :)
                              never going to happen

Comment

Working...
                              X