No announcement yet.

Working out twice a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be fine as long as you don't have a physically demanding job or go out and play ball or something all afternoon.

If you're just sitting around pulling your pud and beating Bouncer's ass in videogames cardio in the AM and lifting in the PM shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
      It should be fine as long as you don't have a physically demanding job or go out and play ball or something all afternoon.

If you're just sitting around pulling your pud and beating Bouncer's ass in videogames cardio in the AM and lifting in the PM shouldn't be a problem.
      lol.... yea thats what i was thinking. Another thing that came up is, during the semester break a few of my friends get a lot of people and play football Saturday morning for a few hours. With that coming up, i might play an occasional game on Saturday's hopefully my legs won't be too sore.

Comment

I wouldn't do cardio or much of anything else on days I played ball.

3-4 hours on the field will fucking drain you.

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
          I wouldn't do cardio or much of anything else on days I played ball.

3-4 hours on the field will fucking drain you.
          yea, that will be my cardio, lol.

Thankfully it will be once a week and I'll go only if i feel like it. Other than that, eat, sleep, train :weights:

Comment

ok, so my final plans will look like this:

Diet posted originally stays the same, just a minor shift in the time that i will eat.

Workout regiment will look like this:

Monday: 7:45am wake up, start fast walk/light jog around the neighborhood at 8am and finish at 8:30am. Start meal 1 ASAP and than go into the gym around 11:30pm and do chest

Tuesday: Back, no morning cardio

Wednesday: Cardio, Shoulders and traps

Thursday: Cardio, Arms

Friday: No cardio, Legs

Saturday: OFF

Sunday: OFF (debating or not to do cardio, but if i do, it will not be on an empty stomach)

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
              If your looking for fat burn, why not cardio first thing in the morning before eating. No carbs in your system= fat ripe for burning.

Diet looks on point for fat burning
              agreed

Comment

had my first meal at 10:15am. I am already wired as fuck. About to take my pre-workout and go do back. I am hoping to maintain this high energy post workout and for the rest of the day.

On a side note i weighted in at 218lbs this morning :)

Comment

down to 217lbs and its been constant for a few days.

Comment

I have been consistent around 215-216lbs for a few days, even with a cheat meal. Considerably leaner than before. Muscles don't seem full and hard for some reason, even though i am eating carbs. Back is really showing striations compared to before.

XL thermals and shirts are feeling much looser on me.

I've talked to a trainer at the gym that has won multiple NPC championships in Super Heavy Weight division and he said, if i were to compete, my pre-contest diet would bring me down to around 180lbs and in the amateur natural range, no one cares about how big you are. They want to see dryness, definition, and conditioning. Size doesn't win in that league.

So what i am thinking of doing it running a pre-contest diet and coming down to see what i would look like if i were to compete, but never do the actual competition. He also said to give it time, because muscle maturation doesn't kick in for a few years.
                    Last edited by dna9488; 02-20-11, 02:36 PM.

Comment

ok, down to 214lbs. I have weighed in at 214lbs consecutively for a week now. I am noticeable smaller though, but stronger. Definition in my back, shoulders, and chest are more noticeable.

Everything is still on diet, no cardio or nothing.

My question is what can i do to keep myself at this weight and just get shredded to the bone?

Comment

Can you see abs? If not keep dieting. Only way to get "shredded" is have your diet nailed down. What's your bf%?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                          Can you see abs? If not keep dieting. Only way to get "shredded" is have your diet nailed down. What's your bf%?
                          no abs, just a flat stomach. no idea what bodyfat i am at, i am feeling new veins coming out on top of my forearms. It won't be noticeable until i shave the hair on my forearms.

Chadd, is there anyway to maintain this weight and continue to lean up?

Comment

Seriously doubt you are anywhere below 15-18% if you don't have abs visible. Read up on PSMF and ketogenic diet to get into the low teens.

Carb cycling, if you in the 12-13% range and want to get to single digits.

It's all cardio and diet discipline from here on. Not for faint of heart.
                            Last edited by Scrumhalf; 02-20-11, 05:56 PM.

Comment

thank you scrum

Comment

Your diet is not on if you can’t see your abs bro. In 3 months you should easily be able to see abs if you’re dieting correctly. Why do you want to stay at your current weight? Most likely you will drop some weight due to losing fat.

Comment

Working...
                                X