Joining the Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the Army

So I ended things with my mrs and joining the army is something I always wanted to do. So Ive decided to go for it. My aerobic fitness really isnt what Id like it to be I dont think I could run out of sight on a dark night.

Going to spend the next 6 months focusing on running and getting myself in the peak fitness I can.

Two questions does anyone have any advice on the best way to achieve this? and Is there a way to do this so that I can maintain most of my size. Im guessing AAS will need to stop asap am I doomed to be a skinny rat now?

Haha at maintaining your size. All gone bro. Not sure what the hell anyone would want to do that shit but more power to ya.

Comment

devestated. even with GH is there no way to keep it and be fit?

Comment

Fuck the army!

Comment

Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
            Fuck the army!
            Actually I take that back. Fuck the goverments who send people to war.

Comment

GOOD ON YA MAN...!!! The only way to build the endurance is by doing it. Start out at slow jogs and then build from there. Not sure what your abilities are for running. But say start at one mile. time the run... then just start improving on the time. after a few weeks... go to 1.5 miles...then 2 then 3 then 4. At a 4 mile run 8 min standard(which is slow) you should be fine for most units. Now if your going into some Airborne of special opns stuff... you'll be needing to drop that 4 miles into 7 min miles to hang with the pack.

There are some big dudes in the military... but they are not just muscle bound fucks... they can run and scratch their backs too:rofl: You'll still be able to work with the weights and stay strong.... just not the AAS big size... Over all you will probably see a lot of endurance improvement and loose a bit of size..depending how big ya are.

Just make sure the job ya get into is something you want to do... or your gonna hate the shit. I for one feel that if your joining the army to pump fuel, be a clerk or a mechanic.. your an idiot. Go for it. do some hardcore shit and challange yourself with some tough training and see what your made of. As I always told my young troopers... If theres no danger or adventure...there damn sure aint no Glory in it... I may as well be running a fucking ice cream truck!

best of luck to ya!

EDIT>>>> If your joining because YOU WANT to do it... AWESOME!!..... If your joining to "get away" from the breakup or to spite the girl... your fucking up bro!
              Last edited by lipripper; 12-14-11, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by henrysiek
                devestated. even with GH is there no way to keep it and be fit?
                No. Your diet will change drastically, cardio will be so much that it will eat away muscle. You will be very "fit" you just won't look anything like a bodybuilder. More like a long distance runner.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper
                  GOOD ON YA MAN...!!! The only way to build the endurance is by doing it. Start out at slow jogs and then build from there. Not sure what your abilities are for running. But say start at one mile. time the run... then just start improving on the time. after a few weeks... go to 1.5 miles...then 2 then 3 then 4. At a 4 mile run 8 min standard(which is slow) you should be fine for most units. Now if your going into some Airborne of special opns stuff... you'll be needing to drop that 4 miles into 7 min miles to hang with the pack.

There are some big dudes in the military... but they are not just muscle bound fucks... they can run and scratch their backs too:rofl: You'll still be able to work with the weights and stay strong.... just not the AAS big size... Over all you will probably see a lot of endurance improvement and loose a bit of size..depending how big ya are.

Just make sure the job ya get into is something you want to do... or your gonna hate the shit. I for one feel that if your joining the army to pump fuel, be a clerk or a mechanic.. your an idiot. Go for it. do some hardcore shit and challange yourself with some tough training and see what your made of. As I always told my young troopers... If theres no danger or adventure...there damn sure aint no Glory in it... I may as well be running a fucking ice cream truck!

best of luck to ya!

EDIT>>>> If your joining because YOU WANT to do it... AWESOME!!..... If your joining to "get away" from the breakup or to spite the girl... your fucking up bro!
                  Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    No. Your diet will change drastically, cardio will be so much that it will eat away muscle. You will be very "fit" you just won't look anything like a bodybuilder. More like a long distance runner.
                    The long distance runner thing is not right bro, as I said there are some big dudes in the military... he wont be able to be a Mr. Universe build, but he can still be a big dude, just gotta be able to do the cardio and have a lot of physical endurance..not just strength

Comment

The long distance runner thing is not right bro, as I said there are some big dudes in the military... he wont be able to be a Mr. Universe build, but he can still be a big dude, just gotta be able to do the cardio and have a lot of physical endurance..not just strength
                      There ain't no big dudes going threw training camp. Maybe once all that is over you can get some size back but training camp is a Fucken muscle waisting nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                        There ain't no big dudes going threw training camp. Maybe once all that is over you can get some size back but training camp is a Fucken muscle waisting nightmare.
                        Yea, but thats just a few months... depending on what ya do.. then ya got your whole enlistment to do as ya please.

Comment

Yea, but thats just a few months... depending on what ya do.. then ya got your whole enlistment to do as ya please.
                          Before you joined army you were 300lbs shredded.

Comment

Nope I was a skinny ass kid... It put muscle on me. I went from 170 lbs to 235 and solid...Till I got out... then I turned into a piece of sloppy shit. Now I'm back to a lean 195 and trying to build back up..:thumup:

Comment

Nope I was a skinny ass kid... It put muscle on me. I went from 170 lbs to 235 and solid...Till I got out... then I turned into a piece of sloppy shit. Now I'm back to a lean 195 and trying to build back up..:thumup:
                              Well that's just who you are. Can't help but be sloppy shit.

Me, I walk through the valley of death without fear, I hold my niggas down till we get the fuck up outta here! Boom

Comment

Working...
                              X