Weighted pullups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighted pullups

What rep ranges do those of you that do weighted pullups shoot for?

I typically do a couple of sets unweighted to about 16-17 reps each, then go weighted typically with a 25lb or 30lb DB for about 8 reps.

Should I go heavier with 3-4 reps? Some of the online sites seem to recommend it, but I don't understand why the conventional wisdom of 8-10 reps for hypertrophy won't apply here as well.

Haven't done weighted pull ups in years, but I use to use to put a 45 on the belt and try to bust out 6-8.

Comment

I usually top out at around 4-5 reps with the 45lb plate, that's why I dropped down in weight to increase the reps. Also ended up with elbow tendinitis pushing it too hard.

Comment

Just get some legs like the rest of us instead of those tooth picks, that gives you the proper proportionate body weight you need for chin ups to be an effective exercise

Comment

You've seen my legs to have such an informed opinion? :retard: Don't get mad because you can't pull your bloated carcass for even one pullup...

Comment

Lol yeah I'd her ten or so not fifteen, always the same with guy s that talk reps on this though, its usually because they hardly have any muscle weight, tell you what post a vid and lets see

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              ...always the same with guy s that talk reps on this though, its usually because they hardly have any muscle weight
              You're saying I'm not a mass monster? Wow, who woulda thunk it? :retard:

BTW, Navy SEAL candidates at BUD/S have to be able to do 20-ish pullups, or else they won't make it through, between the obstacle courses and log PT and everything else. Why don't you go tell them that their pullup count metric has no value and they should work on bulking up their toothpick legs..ahahahaha... :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                You're saying I'm not a mass monster? Wow, who woulda thunk it? :retard:

BTW, Navy SEAL candidates at BUD/S have to be able to do 20-ish pullups, or else they won't make it through, between the obstacle courses and log PT and everything else. Why don't you go tell them that their pullup count metric has no value and they should work on bulking up their toothpick legs..ahahahaha... :rofl:
                Again you demonstrate your ignorance lol

I was talking of bodybuilding pullups, these are harder and stricter, designed to work the back muscles and isolate them as much as possible. I wouldn't expect you to understand though, only this is a bodybuilding forum lol

If its just a case of getting my chin over the bar then I can do a good few more but I'm not concerned with numbers.

Comment

And now you know that my pullups are not perfectly strict form? If there is anything I do in any of my lifts, it is to do it with perfect forms. I don't have time to waste in the gym throwing weights around or doing pseudo-flyes with 200 lb DBs.. :)

You are talking a lot of shit lately. I ask a simple question and you come out with your fists swinging for no reason. I may not be as strong as you, but I can guarantee that in a real life situation, I will survive a lot better than you. You will get gassed and overrun by the hordes before you reach the end of the street. So stfu and acknowledge that our goals are different and leave it at that.

Comment

Oh do lighten up fag, it was only a joke, I could get probably thirty pullups when I was like thirteen years old and 120lb, you'll be telling us you did 1000 sit ups next lol

Comment

I may not be as strong as you, but I can guarantee that in a real life situation, I will survive a lot better than you. You will get gassed and overrun by the hordes before you reach the end of the street. So stfu and acknowledge that our goals are , yo
                      different and leave it at that.[/QUOTE]
                      :rofl: I'm imagining hordes of zombies and me gassing or, you turning and saying ' you see, you see I told you so hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                        Oh do lighten up fag, it was only a joke, I could get probably thirty pullups when I was like thirteen years old and 120lb, you'll be telling us you did 1000 sit ups next lol
                        Lighten up yourself. I ask a simple question about rep ranges for weighted pullups and you come in and start jawing. Answer the original question if you have anything to say, otherwise gtfo and stop futzing up my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          Lighten up yourself. I ask a simple question about rep ranges for weighted pullups and you come in and start jawing. Answer the original question if you have anything to say, otherwise gtfo and stop futzing up my thread.
                          :rofl::rofl:

Comment

I like SM but really, this forum is getting less effective when GC-type garbage infiltrates the training/nutrition forums. People don't have anything useful to say but tie up the thread with drivel. :disagree:

Comment

It's all yours bro, I was only kidding

Comment

Working...
                              X