Fuck squats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck squats

Tore the base of my outer hamstring the other week, nothing major, I always get probs with the right leg out of the two, just a genetic thing I guess.

So when I started back I thought I's do a movement less acute on my hams than hacks or leg press, opted for light squats, and it went ok.

This week, last night I squatted again, not wanting to go balls out but just work through the exercise again and establish stability, mildly working the hams with it but mainly thighs.

Anyway I get up to about 420lb nothing clever and I'm going carefully down, almost too careful so its making it a slower rep, 6th rep and I push too hard through the thighs driving my fat ass backwards before straightening my upper body, now my lower back is fucking tweaked!

Hamstring feels fine now lol!

Just reminds me why I just don't get on with this excercise, used to squat heavier but reminds me why I can't be fucked with all the balancing and posture bullshit, I much prefer being locked into a hack slide or plate loaded leg press and just driving away.

I finish squating and everything hurts except the one dam muscle I'm trying to hit, my thighs:pissed::fight:

Thats quite a bit heavier than I train. I noticed that on the vids you posted awhile back. You sure train heavy. Do you ever train a little lighter, with moderate weight?

I think we can grow off moderate weight, less prone to injury too. Idk then again I'm not as buff as you so who knows. If it hurts, don't do it.

Comment

yea instead of 400 something lbs how about doing 225 for as many as you can. more growth where you want it. IN THE LEGS.

heavy squats build you midsection.

Comment

I honestly never knew my form was so shit till I video's it, but I hardly do this exercise, yeah lighter high reps is probably the way to go, thing is I can go a good degree heavier when I get used to it but I sure fucked it up lol!

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
          Thats quite a bit heavier than I train. I noticed that on the vids you posted awhile back. You sure train heavy. Do you ever train a little lighter, with moderate weight?

I think we can grow off moderate weight, less prone to injury too. Idk then again I'm not as buff as you so who knows. If it hurts, don't do it.
          you can grow on lighter weights hell yes proper fourm is the key for body building.
          MrI is just a beast your right everything he does he does heavy. hes getting older he will learn he can look just as strong and be healty.

I just look like I can bench 500lb but no way in hell could I,lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
            Tore the base of my outer hamstring the other week, nothing major, I always get probs with the right leg out of the two, just a genetic thing I guess.

So when I started back I thought I's do a movement less acute on my hams than hacks or leg press, opted for light squats, and it went ok.

This week, last night I squatted again, not wanting to go balls out but just work through the exercise again and establish stability, mildly working the hams with it but mainly thighs.

Anyway I get up to about 420lb nothing clever and I'm going carefully down, almost too careful so its making it a slower rep, 6th rep and I push too hard through the thighs driving my fat ass backwards before straightening my upper body, now my lower back is fucking tweaked!

Hamstring feels fine now lol!

Just reminds me why I just don't get on with this excercise, used to squat heavier but reminds me why I can't be fucked with all the balancing and posture bullshit, I much prefer being locked into a hack slide or plate loaded leg press and just driving away.

I finish squating and everything hurts except the one dam muscle I'm trying to hit, my thighs:pissed::fight:
            thinking about one thing and forgetting the rest?

you ever try smith machine? I can walk my feet out more than I can free weight and gets my quads way better. I actually feel it in my quads other than my back with smith machine.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
              thinking about one thing and forgetting the rest?

you ever try smith machine? I can walk my feet out more than I can free weight and gets my quads way better. I actually feel it in my quads other than my back with smith machine.
              Yeah smith really works now and again and then its as if my muscles are used to it and I need a different angle but I take your point on rep range etc, just need to pace myself perhaps, i was just trying something different and figured squats as a better rehab movement then I go and over egg it and twinge my lower back like a fool lol!

Maybe I just do 315 for 15 or so next time if I can, I was probably trying to get down near the safety parralels too hard and like you say not thinking about other stuff, like keeping looking forward/up, these things you don't have to do when leg pressing or hacks

Comment

favorite by far is hack squat machine.

Comment

did 315 just fine, then 375lb not bad
                  375 squats hamstring rehab - YouTube

Then moved the weight up a little and it all went to shit, like a fish outa water lol! thinking about the ham, trying to go deep and lerching forward bleh!Had to comedy this!

Mr Incredible hamstring rehab 420 back fucker clutz squats - YouTube

Comment

i like the hack squats

Ive been trying to find a replacement for squats. No luck...

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      favorite by far is hack squat machine.
                      All this guy did was hack squats, feet placed shoulder width and at the top of the foot plate so he could drive through the heels, down to 90 degrees, pause, drive back up, 20 rep sets, check the fucking quad sweep!

Ian Harrison - YouTube

Comment

Then moved the weight up a little and it all went to shit, like a fish outa water lol! thinking about the ham, trying to go deep and lerching forward bleh!Had to comedy this!

nice weight! you r strong... u lean fwd which pushes your ass out. high bar hold (on base of neck) makes the problem worse. i tend to do it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible

Lol @ the music in second vid.

Don't look that bad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                            nice weight! you r strong... u lean fwd which pushes your ass out. high bar hold (on base of neck) makes the problem worse. i tend to do it too.
                            Honestly pal the legs weren't near maxed, the weakness is the lower back compared to the leg drive capability, thats the issue, the back fails way before the legs are near, meaning I have to stop early but its hard to stay upright, perhaps its just a flexibility issue and muscle memory since I hardly eva squat

Comment

I just watched the 420 video ya bro that is not good fourm. You back has got to take a beating doing that. I bet you have big dead lift huh?
                              how tall are you? taler people bennifit from smith also save the back alot more.

Comment

Working...
                              X