Fuck squats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
    Honestly pal the legs weren't near maxed, the weakness is the lower back compared to the leg drive capability, thats the issue, the back fails way before the legs are near, meaning I have to stop early but its hard to stay upright, perhaps its just a flexibility issue and muscle memory since I hardly eva squat
    Ya i bet your legs were not tired cuz your back was doing all the work.

Comment

side question "are thoes fake plates" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        the legs weren't near maxed, the weakness is the lower back compared to the leg drive capability,
        exactly. and thats why i say squats build midsections.

muscles of the medsection are forced to grow to keep up with the weight that the legs can push.

squats are a thing of the past just like flat bench. many movements are far superior to that core BS.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
          I just watched the 420 video ya bro that is not good fourm. You back has got to take a beating doing that. I bet you have big dead lift huh?
          how tall are you? taler people bennifit from smith also save the back alot more.
          I'll pull 500 from the floor for a few death grip no wraps but never really worked at it and I'd prefer to hang at about 405 and get reps, if I dl too often it aggravates my back so I just do it now and again and cycle weeks when I dl or bent row and other weeks just do cable work and so forth to rest the lower back and its generally ok, but there again when I dl people say I hardly bend at the knee anywhere near enough, just don't come natural so it pretty much all goes through the back, when I train hamstrings I genuinely stiff leg deadlift 315lb which is heavier than most and without causing me issues, its weird.

Comment

Ya i bet your legs were not tired cuz your back was doing all the work.
            and I was really trying to get it going through the legs

Comment

side question "are thoes fake plates" lol
              lol they look like cartoon plates don't they, the reds are 25 kg and the last biscuits on the end in the 420 are 10kg's, all metric shit over here so i convert for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                exactly. and thats why i say squats build midsections.

muscles of the medsection are forced to grow to keep up with the weight that the legs can push.

squats are a thing of the past just like flat bench. many movements are far superior to that core BS.
                Think your right bro:thumup:

Comment

Strong fucker. Love the music.

I imagine that I am trying to spread the floor apart with my feet and TRY to keep my core tight.

Squats were once one of my best lifts, back to squatting after not doing it for almost 3 years.

If you don't feel comfortable with your form then drop the weight and start over.

Smith machine puts your body in an odd plane of movement. I do not like it for squats.

Hack squat is the shit, sadly my gym lacks the machine.

Comment

I pretty much do hacks only.

Comment

Mr i bro you are killin me. After watching the first vid of 300something lbs i couldnt even watch the 2nd video. Ouch bro. Youre a bodybuilder not a powerlifter. Shit bro youre a man tho handling all those weights.

What does the rest of your leg day entail?

Ps nice avatar looks good

Comment

Also agree with jack bar is really high on your back almost on your neck if you move it down a few inches it will help keep your body aligned on an even plane.

Ed Nunn and Toney Freeman both have monster wheels and use the smith machine.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
                          Mr i bro you are killin me. After watching the first vid of 300something lbs i couldnt even watch the 2nd video. Ouch bro. Youre a bodybuilder not a powerlifter. Shit bro youre a man tho handling all those weights.

thats the problem. he trains like a power lifter and thats why he has more of a powerlifter look.

not talking shit because he looks big and strong but the shape isnt as good as it could be because of the type of training.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            thats the problem. he trains like a power lifter and thats why he has more of a powerlifter look.

not talking shit because he looks big and strong but the shape isnt as good as it could be because of the type of training.
                            Agreed. Mr i i think Phil Heath only squats 3 or 4 plates in his youtube vids and his legs are pretty enormous

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan

thanks mate, watch the second vid, its funny

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan
                                Also agree with jack bar is really high on your back almost on your neck if you move it down a few inches it will help keep your body aligned on an even plane.

Ed Nunn and Toney Freeman both have monster wheels and use the smith machine.
                                Ok, will try thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X