Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet advice for someone with soy, dairy,egg allergies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet advice for someone with soy, dairy,egg allergies!

I am currently using a goat whey protein but need some suggestions for foods to add some variety. Of course lowfat and low carbs. I am getting frustrated and there is not much I can eat at a restaurant. BF get annoyed at my food problems and I guess doesn't appreciate the way I look.

Well you still have many options even with your food allergies. Let me ask though, how bad are your allergies? What would happen for example if you had a basic whey protein shake?

As for foods, any type of meat, poultry, or fish would be fine for you. Oats, brown rice, veggies, etc..

Post up a thread in the diet section and we will help you set your diet up. :)

Comment

Yeah - please explain "why" you're on this diet - "why" you can't eat other foods other than the few you listed?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981 View Post
        Yeah - please explain "why" you're on this diet - "why" you can't eat other foods other than the few you listed?
        i dont even understand your question. she has to eat a certain way because she has food allergies. maybe you didnt read the title of the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          i dont even understand your question. she has to eat a certain way because she has food allergies. maybe you didnt read the title of the thread?
          According to the title of the thread she has food allergies that "appear" to be limited to soy/dairy/eggs yet she is taking in "goat" whey protein and seems to be "limited" to when she goes out to eat - I'm confused as to "why" she can't eat chicken and beef and fish and pork etc - it isn't that I'm questioning her food allergies but more as to why she feels limited with her diet choices when the only real hamstring she might face with the allergies is not being able to take in eggs and that's not that big of a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981 View Post
            According to the title of the thread she has food allergies that "appear" to be limited to soy/dairy/eggs yet she is taking in "goat" whey protein and seems to be "limited" to when she goes out to eat - I'm confused as to "why" she can't eat chicken and beef and fish and pork etc - it isn't that I'm questioning her food allergies but more as to why she feels limited with her diet choices when the only real hamstring she might face with the allergies is not being able to take in eggs and that's not that big of a deal?
            thats why she is making the post. she is asking what else is good for her to eat. maybe she doesn't know what is good to eat and what is bad. is that ok with you? by the way, put a few more words in "..." and see if i dont fly to your house and stomp in your head. :fufool: lol

Comment

I'm also a little confused as to why you're using goat whey protein.

If your allergies are limited to egg, soy, and dairy, there are still a world of protein choices available to you.

A quick list would include:
              chicken
              turkey
              beef
              pork
              tuna
              salmon
              and the list can go on....

If you're trying to eat a higher protein diet and you are a vegetarian, and you have these allergies, you'll definitely be much more limited to like beans and.... I'd have to put some thought into it.

Comment

For instance, breakfast, can't eat eggs, so I do eat oatmeal but it has alot of carbs and eating 1/4 cup of it doesn't really fill me up. Goat whey protein, goat milk products don't cause an allergic reaction and this is the only protein shake that I can have, it has 30 grams per serving. Rice protein sucks! I am trying to gain more muscle and lose bodyfat. I do eat alot of salmon, tuna, chicken. As to the question of why I am allergic to dairy, I have been tested because I had stomach problems and the culprit is Dairy especially when I consumed whey protein and I would get such bad pains in my stomach and really bad gas. Eggs and soy are the same. It is hard when I am on the run selling houses to try and find something to eat that I would rather eat nothing!

Comment

Cool - so you can eat most meats - just not whey since it is dairy based?

With that said what's so hard about being limited in that sense? I know it's gonna be more difficult to supplement meals without whey and eggs etc but you should be able to make a solid regardless.

Lay out what you're currently eating and what you feel you're limited on in that respect and we can work with you from there.

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
                  For instance, breakfast, can't eat eggs, so I do eat oatmeal but it has alot of carbs and eating 1/4 cup of it doesn't really fill me up. Goat whey protein, goat milk products don't cause an allergic reaction and this is the only protein shakr that I can have, it has 30 grams per serving. Rice protein sucks! I am trying to gain more muscle and lose bodyfat. I do eat alot of salmon, tuna, chicken. As to the question of why I am allergic to dairy, I have been tested because I had stomach problems and the culprit is Dairy especially when I consumed whey protein and I would get such bad pains in my stomach and really bad gas. Eggs and soy are the same. It is hard when I am on the run selling houses to try and find something to eat that I would rather eat nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
                    BF get annoyed at my food problems and I guess doesn't appreciate the way I look.

And hopefully that is NOT why you're dieting..

Comment

hey bugaboo, post up an example of a full days diet. lay it out in terms of Meal 1, Meal 2 etc. also list the times of the meals.

Comment

I am dieting to get leaner but BF would prefer me to eat, drink and party like everyone else instead of being healthy and sensible.

Comment

Eat, drink and party should be fine in moderation, I would think. Letting one's hair down once a week should not detract from an otherwise reasonable lifestyle. Going on a bender every other day of course is something else. As with everything else, one should strive for a reasonable balance in one's life in my opinion. Being a hermit and miserable surely is no way to go through life.

As far as your original question is concerned, I think eating at restaurants is fundamentally antithetical to a healthy eating lifestyle. You are always going to have a hard time if you want to be low fat/low carb/healthy while eating at restaurants. If you are eating at restaurants a couple of times a week, you should simply try to do the best you can, knowing that the rest of your meals in the week are sensible and healthy. If you are eating at restaurants every night, it is inevitable that you are going to be frustrated about your diet.

Leaving aside the restaurant question for the time being, have you used a site like fitday.com to actually measure how many carbs you are eating? You need carbs in your body, you know. My sense is that you might be actually getting too few carbs, especially in the morning. I know some days when I have left home with just a protein shake in the morning (mixed in water) and I have felt absolutely miserable until I could get some carbs in me. A protein shake with 1/2 cup of oatmeal, along with GOOD carbs like brown rice and sweet potatoes along with some good meat-based protein sources during the day could go a long way to ease your diet frustrations. For example, can you make up some sandwiches with your meat of choice and whole wheat bread, saran wrap them and carry them with you? Even with a realtor's work schedule, you ought to be able to eat a sandwich every few hours. If you prepare them yourself, you can keep track of what you are eating - better than grabbing something at a fast food drive-thru or starving.

Finally, please elaborate on what you mean by "I'm dieting to get leaner." Go the the Nutrition section and read the sticky called "Basal Metabolic Rate Calculator" to compute how many calories you need per day. You MUST do this, you know. There are no two ways about it. I can guarantee you will be frustrated about your dieting results until you a) compute your caloric needs and adjust your intake accordingly and b) add exercise to accelerate your dieting gains as well as adding some definition to your body.

I have read this saying that diet will make you look good in clothes and exercise will make you look good out of them. :) While this is somewhat in jest, I think it is not too far from the truth.
                          Last edited by Scrumhalf; 02-20-08, 04:47 AM.

Comment

bugaboo - is your allergy to egg and soy as bad as your lactose intolerance?

If you want some breakfast options and you're allergic to eggs, you could always have chicken or turkey for breakfast. I'd also eat at least 1/2 cup of oatmeal vs the 1/4 cup in the AM. you could make whey & oatmeal pancakes for a different way to eat it :)

but definitely post a sample of your diet and we can make suggestions starting from there :D

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              I have read this saying that diet will make you look good in clothes and exercise will make you look good out of them. :)

I've never heard that - that's good...

Comment

Working...
                              X