Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet advice for someone with soy, dairy,egg allergies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    hey bugaboo, post up an example of a full days diet. lay it out in terms of Meal 1, Meal 2 etc. also list the times of the meals.
    again, please lay out an example of what you are currently eating.

Comment

In the AM I usually have my protein shake with water, L-Glutamine, MSM, and Creatine. Either 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 tblsp local honey and 1 tblsp raw wheatgerm or organic spelt bread with the honey and 1 tblsp organic peanut butter. For a snack about 1.5 hrs later I might have a latte made with almond milk (3 grams protein, 15 gram carbs is that bad?) or if I am at open house, I keep carrots, celery and fat free turkey breast in the fridge which I put on Kavli crisp bread. I carry around some protein bars in my purse that I can eat if I can't get anyway for food for the next couple of hours (18grams protein, 32 gram carbs, 3 gram fat) . It is hard though when you are with people trying to sell houses and stuffing your face at the same time, seems unprofesstional and I do most of the eating when I am at home at night time when I can sit and relax, bad I know, I did that through school also. I love fruits too! How much can I really eat? I love dried dates and figs and have been know to eat an apple and an orange when I am watching TV. I know, I should spread that out, sometimes I just forget to carry some with me. For Dinners I will have chicken breast or I will make a roast beef which is great for left over sandwiches. I always have sweet potatos (never liked white ones) with beans or wild rice and a vegie like broccoli or green beans. I just started using Fitday program which is really helpful.

Comment

I just calculated my BMR and it is 1874.60.

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
          In the AM I usually have my protein shake with water, L-Glutamine, MSM, and Creatine. Either 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 tblsp local honey and 1 tblsp raw wheatgerm or organic spelt bread with the honey and 1 tblsp organic peanut butter. For a snack about 1.5 hrs later I might have a latte made with almond milk (3 grams protein, 15 gram carbs is that bad?) or if I am at open house, I keep carrots, celery and fat free turkey breast in the fridge which I put on Kavli crisp bread. I carry around some protein bars in my purse that I can eat if I can't get anyway for food for the next couple of hours (18grams protein, 32 gram carbs, 3 gram fat) . It is hard though when you are with people trying to sell houses and stuffing your face at the same time, seems unprofesstional and I do most of the eating when I am at home at night time when I can sit and relax, bad I know, I did that through school also. I love fruits too! How much can I really eat? I love dried dates and figs and have been know to eat an apple and an orange when I am watching TV. I know, I should spread that out, sometimes I just forget to carry some with me. For Dinners I will have chicken breast or I will make a roast beef which is great for left over sandwiches. I always have sweet potatos (never liked white ones) with beans or wild rice and a vegie like broccoli or green beans. I just started using Fitday program which is really helpful.
          well you sound like a pretty healthy eater for the most part. how long have you been following this diet? how often are you going to the gym, cardio etc..

also what are your goals?

Comment

I need more muscle on the shoulder area but the rest just needs more definition. I go 4 days a week and do 2 hours of weights and 30 min on the treadmill running 3 days a week ( impossible to do on the leg day). Truthfully, I am a recovering Bulimic and have been following this kind of diet for about 2 months now and adding a few new things at a time such as the peanut butter, haven't eaten that in years.

Comment

it sounds to me like you just need to give it some more time and stick to what your doing. make sure you are drinking enough water. also don't underestimate the importance of healthy fats. Natural PB, Olive Oils, Fish Oil, etc..

Comment

I gleaned this thread but I agree with FOG....number one dairy is a terrbile source for just about anything so that is good you are allergic. Soy is the biggest scam and crap perpetuated in our society so again its good that you don't have to worry about that. eggs are good and that sucks you can't have them but its easy to get around.

the other guys have given good examples for you. the whole world of food is still open to you really.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                  I gleaned this thread but I agree with FOG....number one dairy is a terrbile source for just about anything so that is good you are allergic.
                  i would agree for the most part if it didn't include basic whey protein or casein.

Comment

i would agree for the most part if it didn't include basic whey protein or casein.
                    yeah but we take in shakes and stuff because we need higher amounts of protien with bigger bodies and muscles. as a woman she should be able to get her compliment of nutrition easily from whole foods for her needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                      yeah but we take in shakes and stuff because we need higher amounts of protien with bigger bodies and muscles. as a woman she should be able to get her compliment of nutrition easily from whole foods for her needs.
                      i understand but shakes still make it easier especially for a busy person like her.

Comment

i understand but shakes still make it easier especially for a busy person like her.
                        oh for sure. like i said I just went over the posts quickly...but yeah for convience it sucks having to carry real food.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

There is a very good buckwheat derived protein called Procore. Very tasty mixed with just water, or even with chai tea or coffee for the latte effect.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that one, tastes really yummy but they sneak soy in it, wondered why I got cramps. Too Bad, I will stick to my Oryx goat whey.

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
                                I need more muscle on the shoulder area but the rest just needs more definition. I go 4 days a week and do 2 hours of weights and 30 min on the treadmill running 3 days a week ( impossible to do on the leg day). Truthfully, I am a recovering Bulimic and have been following this kind of diet for about 2 months now and adding a few new things at a time such as the peanut butter, haven't eaten that in years.
                                First off, a 2 hour workout with weights is absolutely TOO LONG. You are wasting your time after about 45 minutes- max 1 hr. My workouts only take about 35-40 minutes. Another suggestion is to do more of a circuit training workout to help keep your heart rate up throughout the workout

If you are trying to lean up, you really need to do more cardio. I would say at least 4-5 cardio sessions per week for 40 minutes, and increase it by 5 minutes each week thereafter. If you're really serious about it, you could start AM cardio before breakfast.

Couple of things I noticed on the diet- 1) Don't eat carbs after 6pm. 2) I think you really need to focus and sit down and time your meals, and lay out exactly what you will eat the next day. Honestly, a latte w/ almond milk doesn't really count as a meal. 3) You need to get more whole food in your diet. Shakes are ok once MAYBE twice a day, and protein bars themselves should only really be used in an emergency, or when there is no other option. 4) I think you may be taking in too many overall calories when you get home at night. This is simply because it's comfortable for you, and most importantly because you haven't given your body what it needed earlier in the day. It may be hard, but if you can really set an eating schedule, pack your food to take along with you, I think you could see some great results. Eating the bulk of your calories in the evening makes it harder for your body to get to the fat stores, and makes it more likely your body will store the foods you eat in the evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X