Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    Hi SC, welcome to SM...

Glad to see your ready to step up and start taking care of your body. I read the post in your other thread, and you've certainly been through a lot. No better time than the present to start taking control of your life. :)

I'm going to disagree with some of the other posters here. First off, we both know that 170 at 5'3" is overweight. But that's okay, because you can certainly lose it if you put in the effort! I also don't think you should be taking ANYthing right now. It took you a good while to put the weight on, so it's going to take you a good little while to take it off. We get impatient when we want results, but patience is going to be important.

Next...DIET. DIet is KEY. Why don't you write out what you typically eat in a day/week.

Next step....CARDIO. Are you doing any now? I'm assuming you haven't started a workout regimen. You will need to :)

Again, I disagree with adding clen/t3/HGH or any of that right now. You owe your body the chance to get clean, get moving, and see what it can do. You have some time before you plateau or "can't seem to lose that last 5 pounds" - why not start simple.

We will be right here to help you whenever you need. It's going to be up to you to really stay motivated, and eat the right way, though. :)
    Great post. Totally agree.

Comment

Agree with FB.

No need for clen, ECA or other stuff until diet + cardio has run its course.

Just cleaning up diet and upping the cardio will go a long way. If you are plateauing there, I would look into Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) approaches. This involves going very low carb, cal restriction and high proteins to maintain muscle, along with a carb reload once a week. Look up Rapid Fat Loss (RFL) on bodyrecomposition.com for a very successful approach.

Comment

I agree with you guys but she said she needs to lose like 50lbs quick for an event. For a women close to 40 that's gonna take more then a healthy diet and cardio.

Comment

I guess we need OP to clarify what she means by "quick." Losing 50lbs isn't going to happen safely and without muscle loss unless we are talking about months, not weeks.

Comment

Let me add that it can be done with JUST diet and cardio but not in a short period.

Comment

I didn't see mention of an event?

Either way, I'm with Scrum, it needs to be done the proper, safe, healthy way. It's a learning process, and you will be less likely to let this happen again. The weight didn't appear in weeks, and it won't disappear in weeks.

Comment

Dnp is pretty safe. Ish.

Comment

they all run this shit but tell you not too epic :rofl::rofl:

do it natural

i say run it baby

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors
                    they all run this shit but tell you not too epic :rofl::rofl:

do it natural

i say run it baby

I don't know who "they all" is, but I personally have been in the gym for the last 16+ and eat better than probably 90% of the population. So yeah, I'm still going to advise someone to learn and gain experience before they experiment.

Comment

well its been 2 days since last post. have you started the diet? how are you laying out the meals? have you started cardio?

Comment

ok ...here is what I have done for the last 5 days ... day 1 and 2 cardio in morn at home plus phentermine and low to non existant carbs fish chic only water and black coffe then day 3&4 went to the gym on day 3 just in the evening- power walking and did 45mins on eliptcyl- and then fwd stomach weight machine and the one to pull up the boobs<dont even know the machine names and losts of stretching and crunches ... never felt better then the next morn I looked in the morning and could SEE the diff even my legs looked skinnier so I feel that its working but slowly although I havent been able to weigh yet .. (guess I need to buy a scale .. and most of my weight is in my chest I have like a 36dd/e chest <family curse > fitness brat is there a way or a certain machine to target that area ... I didnt buy that shit for attention I'm a freak of nature ... ugh ..HATE IT ... I still have a great amount of muscle left from being a dancer for years I essentially worked out with my own body weight for years ... I had never even stepped in a gym til last week never really had to ... if anyone knows a diet I could follow thats simple and effective im down .. I just need this weight off me SOON ...I am miserable and it depresses me greatly I know how I can and usually look even at my age and I'm just not happy ... and I have had enough of that... I want each of you to know that I SINCERELY APPRECIATE every kind and helpful thing you have said .. thank you ALL so much=)

Comment

How many calories are you consuming? And what is the c/p/f breakdown? How consistent are you? Any cheat meals and if so how often?

Comment

Originally posted by Sassycat View Post
                            ok ...here is what I have done for the last 5 days ... day 1 and 2 cardio in morn at home plus phentermine and low to non existant carbs fish chic only water and black coffe then day 3&4 went to the gym on day 3 just in the evening- power walking and did 45mins on eliptcyl- and then fwd stomach weight machine and the one to pull up the boobs<dont even know the machine names and losts of stretching and crunches ... never felt better then the next morn I looked in the morning and could SEE the diff even my legs looked skinnier so I feel that its working but slowly although I havent been able to weigh yet .. (guess I need to buy a scale .. and most of my weight is in my chest I have like a 36dd/e chest <family curse > fitness brat is there a way or a certain machine to target that area ... I didnt buy that shit for attention I'm a freak of nature ... ugh ..HATE IT ... I still have a great amount of muscle left from being a dancer for years I essentially worked out with my own body weight for years ... I had never even stepped in a gym til last week never really had to ... if anyone knows a diet I could follow thats simple and effective im down .. I just need this weight off me SOON ...I am miserable and it depresses me greatly I know how I can and usually look even at my age and I'm just not happy ... and I have had enough of that... I want each of you to know that I SINCERELY APPRECIATE every kind and helpful thing you have said .. thank you ALL so much=)
                            you have to understand, DIET IS KEY. its far more important than anything else.

can you lay out your diet in terms of meal 1: meal 2: meal 3 etc.. so that we can see what you have been eating the last few days.

you may know this already but having multiple smaller meals through out the day will keep your metabolism going faster then 2-3 large meals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sassycat View Post

Your chest? Those are mostly fatty tissue, so when you lose the weight, you *should* lose some of the boobs, too. I know you said you've always been bigger, though, so only time will tell. Otherwise, no, there is no "exercise" for losing them.

Remember....PATIENCE. Don't get discouraged with the amount of time it's going to take.

As others have said, list out what you're eating in a day. Where are your carbs coming from?

Comment

How about instead of losing your boobs you just make your back stronger so carrying them around is easier??? LOL Just kidding!

Couple suggestions I would make is to only weigh yourself once a week. If you weigh yourself everyday you might not see what you want and get discouraged or you might see you're down and mentally think you can ease up. So I would check your weight once a week. Like every Sunday morning or something.

Second thing is maybe take some measurements of your body. Like chest, arms, waist and thighs. Then add all the inches up. Then every week after you weigh yourself take your measurements again and add them up and track your inches lost. Sometimes your weight might not go down but you'll see you are smaller in certain areas and that will keep you motivated.

Good luck! And if you have a bad day or week don't beat yourself up just move forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X