Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
    I guess I'm confused about what you're asking
    looks to me like he is saying, "thanks for the diet advice guys but eating chicken all the time is to hard and i would rather get on some steroids".

am i wrong GTLinFL?

Comment

I guess I'm confused about what you're asking, based on this post. You say you don't want to be patient and that you already know what you can/can't eat. Although you proceeded to list things you've never tried.
      WHOA!!! It seems as things are getting a little misunderstood. The only thing I listed that I've never tried was quinoa and sweet potatoes. I did however say that all the fiber that comes with vegetables, with a few exceptions, kills me, literally. I'm not discounting anything that I haven't tried. I'm the last person to ever not want to try something new. I love trying new things, eating new foods, doing things different than everyone else, or doing things that everyone else is to scared or reserved to try.

I've been trying for the past year, all kinds of different things to try to get me back to where I was and take me beyond that, and nothing seems to work. I'm not saying I've tried everything, because I haven't. All I know to go off of is what I used to do before, that got me where I was. Which was a healthy diet, and extremely hard work. But the problem I'm having now is that it seems like nothing is working for me. I get stronger, sure, but no great gains like before. So I'm not discounting or writing off anything that any of you have said and I am taking everything in to account and will be trying it.

TB: Yes you are wrong. Eating chicken all the time is not to hard, but it does get tiring when that is the only great form of food protein that I know I can take in. Furthermore, I have never been one to shy away from hard work, or doing things the hard way. And, no, I would not rather get on some "steroids" and say hell with the rest.

What I'm looking for is guidance, and answers. I know I'm not alone with this sickness, disease, or whatever else you want to call it. And I can't possibly be the only person who has it and has struggled at the gym to put on massive weight gains and muscle mass. I just don't know what to do, where to go, who to talk to, what to take, what not to take, things to try, things to avoid, supplement this, forget that, as well as far many more questions I have...

If I have offended anyone, I truly apologize.

I feel lost with all the question and no answers.:(

Comment

I'm not offended, it just felt like you asked for some direction or suggestions and discounted them at the same time. It also seemed like maybe you were confusing certain products - such as the plant protein having gluten/fiber. No worries. :)

Are there certain things that are actually damaging to your body, or is it basically up to you to decide what you can "deal" with? (I hope that made sense)

Comment

I'm not offended, it just felt like you asked for some direction or suggestions and discounted them at the same time. It also seemed like maybe you were confusing certain products - such as the plant protein having gluten/fiber. No worries. :)

Are there certain things that are actually damaging to your body, or is it basically up to you to decide what you can "deal" with? (I hope that made sense)
          I may have been confusing some of the plant proteins, that is very possible. As far as foods that are actually damaging and/or can cause complications or set-backs to recovery/remission. Any roughage, i.e. raw veggies, nuts of any kind cause pain. Fiber, because it doesn't digest easily. Real fatty foods cause pain and discomfort. Everything I have listed up to this point is all trial and error of what I know I can and can not eat.

Another problem I have is that I just can't eat the large amounts of food that I used to in order to get my daily intake of carbs and proteins. When I say I can't, and I refer to pain, I mean actual physical pain. Large amounts of food and certain foods cause physical pain in my gut. Sure, it's nothing that taking 2 or 3 high powered pain killers won't cure, but I don't want to do that, for obvious reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            looks to me like he is saying, "thanks for the diet advice guys but eating chicken all the time is to hard and i would rather get on some steroids".

am i wrong GTLinFL?
            I would like to delve into this a little further, if you don't mind and wasn't offended earlier.

You're wrong but you're not.
            I've actually discussed trying somatropin with my Dr. because I have found actual research that proves it can help people, such as myself, with ulcerative colitis and crohns disease, by helping slow down the breakdown of the intestinal walls, as it happens naturally with age, and more so with UC and Crohns, and help rebuild it... So yes I do want to add gear to my health plan, but not only for the reason every other schmuck wants to. The problem is there is not enough research out there to prove to the FDA that there is no taboo and these drugs can actually help people that have this problem. So My Dr. said no, at this time. I'm limited on resources and knowledge, thats why I'm here, to learn. :)

Comment

I am afraid you are putting the cart before the horse here. There's no point in you talking of being huge or even thinking of gear when it is not not clear to me that you can take in 2000 calories a day, leave,alone what you may need to pack on the mass. My advice to you is again to figure out how many calories you can realistically consume every day given your constraints. It is possible that you may need to modify your goals to bring a lean cut guy, not a mass monster.

Comment

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post

I feel lost with all the question and no answers.:(
                you are getting many great answers my friend. the problem is, you don't like what you are hearing.

you are stuck in a "pre disease" mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  you are getting many great answers my friend. the problem is, you don't like what you are hearing.

you are stuck in a "pre disease" mindset.
                  I agree with you %100 about the great answers. I may have misspoke... I'm liking what I am hearing... Just trying to take it all in. All the questions and no answers, meaning That is how I have been feeling and felt up until now. And yes I'm starting to realize I am stuck in that "pre-disease" mindset, unfortunately. I've just always been the one to motivate others and push them to there limits and never needed that for myself, as I knew no limits and always strived to push myself further and harder than the last time, everytime. That's where i feel lost. Because I now feel like I need someone to do that with me. And the meds I take can make you feel great one minute and absolutely horrible about everything in life the next. I just feel like if I could see some gains, that would motivate me to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    I am afraid you are putting the cart before the horse here. There's no point in you talking of being huge or even thinking of gear when it is not not clear to me that you can take in 2000 calories a day, leave,alone what you may need to pack on the mass. My advice to you is again to figure out how many calories you can realistically consume every day given your constraints. It is possible that you may need to modify your goals to bring a lean cut guy, not a mass monster.
                    Cart before the horse, horse before the cart, either way you're either staring at an ass, or an ass right behind you, lol :), I told you i'm not leary about doing things the hard way. I can lead a horse to water, can't make him drink, but I can drowned him if he doesn't.

So, here is my analysis for the day. I have consumed 2223kcal, 287g carbs, 148g protein, 53g fat, 14g of that being sat. fat. and 9 g of fiber. Some days I may eat more. I still feel kinda hungry now... But other days I can't eat anywhere near that because the meds upset the stomach. Oh I almost forgot. There is no fun in being a " lean cut guy" as opposed to being a " mass monster". I don't want to be a mass monster, just 30-45 lbs heavier than what I am now...
                    Last edited by GTLinFL; 01-23-13, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Something else I forgot to mention. I can't slowly eat all day long anymore to get my proteins and carbs, it makes me sick. Now its like I kinda have to get it when I can get, if that makes any sense, in other words I almost have to binge everytime I eat in order to not have a constant I'm going to throw up feeling and/or abdominal pains.

Comment

I would shoot for 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. At 2200 calories, that would amount to 220g of carbs, 220g of protein and about 50g of fat. So, you may want to bump up the protein a bit and drop the carbs a bit.

What is your lifting like? You may not gain too much on 2200 calories, but better to grow quality muscle slowly than to get fat fast.

Comment

BTW 30-45lbs heavier than you are now, assuming you want most of that to be muscle, is no joke. Especially if you have trouble choking down food.

Comment

Yes I understand that completely. Thats why I feel I may have to ad gear to my workout. I'll see what I can do about the 40/40/20 split. If I'm able to handle it. As far as lifting goes and my recent relapse/flare up about a month ago I haven't been back to the gym. I am only getting ready to start back to the gym tomorrow. I want to start back hard and heavy, but i know thats not possible...

Comment

Don't worry about what the label says on the weights. Start at a weight that will allow you to get 10-12 quality reps. Then slowly increase from 1 workout to the next. Even a 2.5 or 5lb increase is fine. Jumping in heavy if you haven't lifted for over a month is a recipe for an injury.

Comment

I try to get 3 sets with 12 reps, increasing the weight with each set to the point of muscle failure as I call it, on my 12th rep of the 3rd set. Is this good to do or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X