Where To Start???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post
    I agree with you %100 about the great answers. I may have misspoke... I'm liking what I am hearing... Just trying to take it all in. All the questions and no answers, meaning That is how I have been feeling and felt up until now. And yes I'm starting to realize I am stuck in that "pre-disease" mindset, unfortunately. I've just always been the one to motivate others and push them to there limits and never needed that for myself, as I knew no limits and always strived to push myself further and harder than the last time, everytime. That's where i feel lost. Because I now feel like I need someone to do that with me. And the meds I take can make you feel great one minute and absolutely horrible about everything in life the next. I just feel like if I could see some gains, that would motivate me to keep going.
    just keep your head up and believe in yourself bro. there have been a few times in my life when i stopped believing in myself and it just so happens those were the times when i felt and looked my worst. always believe in yourself NO MATTER WHAT and do what you need to do to push through. Nail down your diet and what you can eat and do it consistently. Once you have done that for a good amount of time, then possibly think about steroids or HGH.

Comment

I try to get 3 sets with 12 reps, increasing the weight with each set to the point of muscle failure as I call it, on my 12th rep of the 3rd set. Is this good to do or not?
      So, as I am quoting myself here... Is this a good practice to do or not?

Comment

So, as I am quoting myself here... Is this a good practice to do or not?
        yep. i like to train with a weight that i can control with strict form. if i cant it is to heavy. if i can only do like 3-4 reps it is still to heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          just keep your head up and believe in yourself bro. there have been a few times in my life when i stopped believing in myself and it just so happens those were the times when i felt and looked my worst. always believe in yourself NO MATTER WHAT and do what you need to do to push through. Nail down your diet and what you can eat and do it consistently. Once you have done that for a good amount of time, then possibly think about steroids or HGH.
          BOUNCER,
          I appreciate the words of encouragement. Like I said before, I've never been in this situation and reversed role. I've always been te great motivator and person to push the limits, and to literally lose almost everything overnight, is totally different for me now. I appreciate all of the reinforcement from everyone. I do and have felt like a "shadow" of what I was before. Well, that's all about to change... Bigger, better, stronger and faster!

Comment

Have you discussed the appetite issue with your doctor? I don't know your current medication list, but something cheap like periactin could increase your appetite. However, like I stated, that recommendation could be good or bad depending on your current treatment.

Good luck, Scrumhalf and FitnessBrat have given you some great advice. Stick around and let us know how it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
              Have you discussed the appetite issue with your doctor? I don't know your current medication list, but something cheap like periactin could increase your appetite. However, like I stated, that recommendation could be good or bad depending on your current treatment.

Good luck, Scrumhalf and FitnessBrat have given you some great advice. Stick around and let us know how it is working.
              Yeah I've discussed it with him. And as far as it got was, " don't worry, eventually you'll get you appetite back and the prednisone well help you put the weight back on." That is the worst crap I've ever had to take in my life. The side effects cause me more pain when I'm not taking.

And yes, Scrum, FB and Bouncer have all given me some great advice. Now it's just a matter of me figuring out how to apply it, given the circumstances.

Comment

I might talk to a second doctor if yours is basically advocating prednisone as a medication to help you gain weight. To me, it sounds like he isn't too concerned about your opinion with dealing with your disease state. Prednisone might add weight, but at a cost of WAY too many sides.

Comment

Lol, not funny, but this is my second dr. Aside from that opinion of his, everything else had been great. My first dr wasn't giving me the correct treatment and because of that I'm now down to 6 lives left, lol. He literally, well him and the ER dr, almost killed me on 2 separate occasions. The 1st time was my fault. To figure out why it was my fault or understand it, Please refer back to the section of not knowing any limits, lol.... It was stupid and a hard lesson learned.

But, on the flip side. At least I know how long I can bleed out now! :)

Comment

Which is about 5-1/2 wks before it can get critical!!! LOL :)

Comment

Hey FB, do you think you can tell me more about these plant proteins you speak of?

Comment

Hey FB, do you think you can tell me more about these plant proteins you speak of?

The one I currently use is called Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein. It never gives me a stomachache, bloat, or anything like whey would.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                          The one I currently use is called Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein. It never gives me a stomachache, bloat, or anything like whey would.
                          But is it just as potent as whey? What about absorption or mal-absorption for that matter? No stomach-aches, pains, no bloating, really? Almost sounds to good to be true. But definitely sounds like something that would be good for me to try. Are there any others that you recommend?

Also, I would like to get a general consensus and/or overall opinion on what use(d) to supplement with and what you and others recommend.
                          1. For recovery and training pre-, during, and post-.
                          XTEND

2. JACK3D AND CELLUCOR C4.
                          3. Straight creatine monohydrate
                          4. T-BOMB II
                          5. Muscletech T-BOOSTER w/ 3.12g d-aspartic acid, 200mg boron citrate, 30mg zinc per serving.

Comment

But is it just as potent as whey? What about absorption or mal-absorption for that matter? No stomach-aches, pains, no bloating, really? Almost sounds to good to be true. But definitely sounds like something that would be good for me to try. Are there any others that you recommend?

Also, I would like to get a general consensus and/or overall opinion on what use(d) to supplement with and what you and others recommend.
                            XTEND

4. T-BOMB II
                            5. Muscletech T-BOOSTER w/ 3.12g d-aspartic acid, 200mg boron citrate, 30mg zinc per serving.

When you say "potent", do you mean amount of protein, or? It has 22g of protein, 1g of fat, and 5g of carbs per serving. It is a lot more expensive, I will tell you that. But for me, it's worth it. Some days I don't eat a lot, so I at least try to make a shake as I'm heading out the door. I've mixed it with all different fruits, green vegetables, peanut butter powder, flax seeds, etc. It mixes and dissolves VERY well. It will mix just fine with water, but I always put mine in a blender with other things to make it more of a "meal" and filling.

In addition to gluten, I have a milk allergy as well. When I say it doesn't bloat me or cause me stomach pain, I"m serious. I can not do whey, and like I said before, I couldn't do probiotics either (which most sensitive people seem to say they are fine with). It's made with pea protein, hemp protein and rice protein.

Give it a shot. Start out with just a scoop and see how you do. I hope it will be something you can tolerate. But if you can drink other protein drinks, I don't see why this one would be any issue.

P.S. I order mine through Amazon. I haven't looked around lately to see if they are still the best price. And I haven't tried any other brands. There aren't many and this one rates the highest I'd seen when I started my limited food venture. :wacko:

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                              When you say "potent", do you mean amount of protein, or? It has 22g of protein, 1g of fat, and 5g of carbs per serving. It is a lot more expensive, I will tell you that. But for me, it's worth it. Some days I don't eat a lot, so I at least try to make a shake as I'm heading out the door. I've mixed it with all different fruits, green vegetables, peanut butter powder, flax seeds, etc. It mixes and dissolves VERY well. It will mix just fine with water, but I always put mine in a blender with other things to make it more of a "meal" and filling.

In addition to gluten, I have a milk allergy as well. When I say it doesn't bloat me or cause me stomach pain, I"m serious. I can not do whey, and like I said before, I couldn't do probiotics either (which most sensitive people seem to say they are fine with). It's made with pea protein, hemp protein and rice protein.

Give it a shot. Start out with just a scoop and see how you do. I hope it will be something you can tolerate. But if you can drink other protein drinks, I don't see why this one would be any issue.

P.S. I order mine through Amazon. I haven't looked around lately to see if they are still the best price. And I haven't tried any other brands. There aren't many and this one rates the highest I'd seen when I started my limited food venture. :wacko:
                              Hey thanks FB! I will look into getting some of that here soon and giving it a try.

Do you know of anyone using the supplements I have listed? I posted them up hoping someone would comment, but nothing yet...

Comment

XTEND

4. T-BOMB II
                                Hey thanks FB! I will look into getting some of that here soon and giving it a try.

Do you know of anyone using the supplements I have listed? I posted them up hoping someone would comment, but nothing yet...
                                xtend is just amino acids which can be found in protein powder or food. you can use it if you want but i doubt you will notice much. using something "during" your workout is a no no for me. you are there to train, not sip tea at the bench. lol.

jacked and c4 are the same thing pretty much, i switch them up and use 1 for a month and then 1 for another month. good pre workout drink but can be hard on peoples stomach without your disease so be careful.

creatine is in the jacked and the c4, you dont need more.

stay far away from anything that says "t or t booster". you will end of with gyno almost every time. they are all pure shit and do more harm then steroids with less benefit and more side effects. dont believe me, check out the letro thread. about 10,000 idiots with boobies because they used "t boosters".

Comment

Working...
                                X