Where To Start???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post

Hey thanks FB! I will look into getting some of that here soon and giving it a try.

Do you know of anyone using the supplements I have listed? I posted them up hoping someone would comment, but nothing yet...

I don't personally use any of those items. I would suggest you avoid them, though, at least until you figure out what is good for you. A lot of products contain fillers and a lot of fillers contain wheat. If you are eating gluten free, then that is a no no. Creatine alone hurt my stomach. Not necessarily for any other reason than that it does that to a lot of people.

Drink a cup of coffee before you workout for a caffeine boost.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post

Drink a cup of coffee before you workout for a caffeine boost.
      Agreed 100%. If your stomach will tolerate it a 200mg caffeine pill, along with about 50g of carbs will give you all the energy you need. No need to pay money to buy all these supplements - only one worth considering IMO is creatine, and that is of course icing on the cake assuming your stomach can tolerate everthing else. Like FB said, I wouldn't even experiment with all this stuff until you know for sure you can choke down (and hold down) the calories you need for growth.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        xtend is just amino acids which can be found in protein powder or food. you can use it if you want but i doubt you will notice much. using something "during" your workout is a no no for me. you are there to train, not sip tea at the bench. lol.

jacked and c4 are the same thing pretty much, i switch them up and use 1 for a month and then 1 for another month. good pre workout drink but can be hard on peoples stomach without your disease so be careful.

creatine is in the jacked and the c4, you dont need more.

stay far away from anything that says "t or t booster". you will end of with gyno almost every time. they are all pure shit and do more harm then steroids with less benefit and more side effects. dont believe me, check out the letro thread. about 10,000 idiots with boobies because they used "t boosters".
        BOUNCER,

Yes, the XTEND is amino acids, idk why, but when I worked it into my gym routine, but especially my running routine ( used to run 8-15mi 4days/wk.)I gained EXPLOSIVE STRENGTH and SPEED, for me anyway. In the gym(or afterwards) my recovery times tripled in speed to full recovery, which meant I could lift more and lift sooner. For running, I went from a sub 12:00 min/mi to a sub 8:00 min/mi and down into the 7 min range, consistent for 5mi. straight running. Probably could have went alot farther, but figured what's the point, LOL. Dammit, If after 5mi. of running, you're still chasing me, then piss on it, I give up!!! :)

I too, cycled the Jack3d and C4. There was just something about the C4 though, that pissed me off. Like literally pissed me off. Idk. And I'll stop adding more creatine to the mix. Thanks for your concern about the possible stomach issues. Duh me, that honestly never crossed my mind. Probably because I'm so damn anxious to get back to lifting and putting weight back on, oh and being able to tell what my hair looks like before I walk out door.

The T-BOMB II states that it is supposed to block estrogen receptors and lower the conversion of T to dht and boost over all T levels etc, etc. I thought that was a good thing? (more info if not please.) And I figured why not add the other one on top of it since I didn't readily have access to any gear, to help with gains. When you say " pure shit", do you mean pure garbage? Or like pure as in high purity levels? I did have noticeable good results, though. But, if its not good then I won't start taking it again...

Thanks for the reply on this...

Oh, btw, I went to the Dr. today and he said that I have to cut back on carbs like almost completely, sugar levels were a little higher than he liked to see in my labs.

So, now I don't know what the hell to do. :dunno: I've gotta have carbs for not only energy but to help proper digestion of protein... Any thoughts or ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Agreed 100%. If your stomach will tolerate it a 200mg caffeine pill, along with about 50g of carbs will give you all the energy you need. No need to pay money to buy all these supplements - only one worth considering IMO is creatine, and that is of course icing on the cake assuming your stomach can tolerate everthing else. Like FB said, I wouldn't even experiment with all this stuff until you know for sure you can choke down (and hold down) the calories you need for growth.
          Scrum and FB,
          I concur with you both about drinking the coffee and continuing the creatine, it doesn't really bother my stomach. The only thing I drink is espresso anyway. Regular coffee just taste like shit to me. See the above latest news from my Doc about the carbs issue. (refering to the diet/calorie plan)

Comment

Scrum and FB,
            I concur with you both about drinking the coffee and continuing the creatine, it doesn't really bother my stomach. The only thing I drink is espresso anyway. Regular coffee just taste like shit to me. See the above latest news from my Doc about the carbs issue. (refering to the diet/calorie plan)

I mentioned cutting sugar a few a posts back because I do know many people with auto immune disorders have a problem with it. Sorry to hear. I've found certain things are worse than others. Does the pre workout drinks you're drinking have sugars in them? How about if you JUST eat rice? No breads, no pastas, NOTHING with junk sugars and no fructose. Fructose often causes problems, too. Are you eating fruits, dried fruits, juices, etc. Certain dried fruit KILLS my stomach. You might have to go completely grain free. Paleo is gaining popularity.

What exactly does your doctor recommend you eat?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
              I mentioned cutting sugar a few a posts back because I do know many people with auto immune disorders have a problem with it. Sorry to hear. I've found certain things are worse than others. Does the pre workout drinks you're drinking have sugars in them? How about if you JUST eat rice? No breads, no pastas, NOTHING with junk sugars and no fructose. Fructose often causes problems, too. Are you eating fruits, dried fruits, juices, etc. Certain dried fruit KILLS my stomach. You might have to go completely grain free. Paleo is gaining popularity.

What exactly does your doctor recommend you eat?
              Yes, I recall you mentioning it about the sugars. It sucks to have to cut the carbs. And, yes I eat fruit. Not alot but maybe once a day I'll have an apple, peach, pear, banana or some strawberries. NOT ONE EACH, EACH DAY, LOL!:) Can't do ANY dried fruits, (and I love me some banana chips) or anything dehydrated for that matter. It takes up to much water from my system to digest it. And of course causes pain. But, occasionally I make the exception and have some beef jerky anyway. The pre-, during, post- workout drink has zero carbs. I don't see why I couldn't eat just rice, except for the boring factor after a while. See, because my system is so damn sensitive to certain things now, I usually have to prepare everything plain, no seasonings at all. About the only thing I can get away with lightly seasoning and have no after effects, is good ol' chicken. :thumup: So, this evenings late dinner/snack was 1-lb. of grilled chick lightly marinated with zesty light italian dressing and a pinch of lemon-pepper,LOL.

He did recommend however, to try to eat more beans, for the protein content. Other then that he said I mostly just have to find out on my own what I can and can't eat. But, most definitely stay away from fiber, if possible, and try to keep a low residual diet...
              Last edited by GTLinFL; 01-29-13, 01:37 AM. Reason: Damn I can't spell!

Comment

GTLinFL, I don't mean to be an ass bro but you don't need to pm me to reply to your threads. When I have time I will respond, don't worry.

Comment

The T-BOMB II states that it is supposed to block estrogen receptors and lower the conversion of T to dht and boost over all T levels etc, etc. I thought that was a good thing? (more info if not please.) And I figured why not add the other one on top of it since I didn't readily have access to any gear, to help with gains. When you say " pure shit", do you mean pure garbage? Or like pure as in high purity levels? I did have noticeable good results, though. But, if its not good then I won't start taking it again...

Thanks for the reply on this...

Oh, btw, I went to the Dr. today and he said that I have to cut back on carbs like almost completely, sugar levels were a little higher than he liked to see in my labs.

So, now I don't know what the hell to do. :dunno: I've gotta have carbs for not only energy but to help proper digestion of protein... Any thoughts or ideas???
                  trust me when i tell you, dont take the tbomb shit. its garbage and so is every "t booster".

post exactly what you eat each day layed out like:

meal 1

meal 2

meal 3 etc..

Comment

GTLinFL, I don't mean to be an ass bro but you don't need to pm me to reply to your threads. When I have time I will respond, don't worry.
                    Roger that!

Comment

trust me when i tell you, dont take the tbomb shit. its garbage and so is every "t booster".

post exactly what you eat each day layed out like:

meal 1

meal 2

meal 3 etc..
                      Ok, I'll leave the tbomb and t boosters alone.
                      You want me to post it up on here correct? And for how long would you like to see this?

Comment

You want me to post it up on here correct?
                        lol. YES. this is why your questions take so long to get answered. you ask questions about peoples questions!! stop walking in circles and lets get you some god damn answers! :D

Comment

LOL. Aye Aye Capt!!! :)

Comment

Take your time responding to everyone! :nono:

Comment

Originally posted by Alina View Post
                              Take your time responding to everyone! :nono:
                              Patience is a virtue that I don't have, but strive for on a daily basis, lol!
                              I have instant notifications set for when someone replies to my thread...
                              So, generally speaking, I try to read and/or respond immediately.

And like BOUNCER said, asking questions about questions can obviously get annoying and slow the whole process and progress we're working toward here.

But, all duly noted. thumup

Comment

so where is the god damn diet? post it bro. post exactly what you, just be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X