Where To Start???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    so where is the god damn diet? post it bro. post exactly what you, just be honest.

post exactly what you eat each day layed out like:

TODAY

meal 1 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ almonds and 1 cup of milk. ( I do not usually eat cold cereal for b'fast but I was out of eggs. Normally 3 or 4 boiled eggs.) 1 cup of apple or grape juice. ( have to drink one of these to combat the awful taste from my medication and so it doesn't upset my stomach.)

meal 2 2 ham sandwiches ( each slice 5g protein, 2 slices on each and a slice of colby jack cheese and a teaspoon of mustard.)

meal 3 2 med. size stalks of broccoli and 1/2 - 3/4 lb grilled chicken lightly marinated with italian dressing and lemon pepper.

1 cup grape juice with meds.
    Still hungry at this point and will probably eat another 1/2lb of grilled chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post
      post exactly what you eat each day layed out like:

TODAY

meal 1 1 cup of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ almonds and 1 cup of milk. ( I do not usually eat cold cereal for b'fast but I was out of eggs. Normally 3 or 4 boiled eggs.) 1 cup of apple or grape juice. ( have to drink one of these to combat the awful taste from my medication and so it doesn't upset my stomach.)

meal 2 2 ham sandwiches ( each slice 5g protein, 2 slices on each and a slice of colby jack cheese and a teaspoon of mustard.)

meal 3 2 med. size stalks of broccoli and 1/2 - 3/4 lb grilled chicken lightly marinated with italian dressing and lemon pepper.

1 cup grape juice with meds.
      Still hungry at this point and will probably eat another 1/2lb of grilled chicken.

This is awful, lol. It's 9pm and this is all you've eaten today - 8 oz of good protein.

And based on these "meals", you can eat FAR more than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
        This is awful, lol. It's 9pm and this is all you've eaten today - 8 oz of good protein.

And based on these "meals", you can eat FAR more than I thought.
        Yeah pretty much... Well, 8 - 12oz of protein anyway and Like I said, I'm still hungry so i'll probably go eat the other 1/2lb chicken I have left. The broccoli has some protein in it too, lol!Like I said, normally I would eat 3 to 4 boiled eggs and maybe a glass of milk for breakfast.
        I want to try to get back on the myoplex 42g shakes as well, just haven't had time to go shopping.

So, I take it you didn't think i could eat that much? it's not alot really.

Comment

Yeah pretty much... Well, 8 - 12oz of protein anyway and Like I said, I'm still hungry so i'll probably go eat the other 1/2lb chicken I have left. The broccoli has some protein in it too, lol!Like I said, normally I would eat 3 to 4 boiled eggs and maybe a glass of milk for breakfast.
          I want to try to get back on the myoplex 42g shakes as well, just haven't had time to go shopping.

So, I take it you didn't think i could eat that much? it's not alot really.

No, it's not a lot at all! I meant I didn't think you could eat the variety you posted. Milk, bread, cereal, etc. I thought you were much more restrictive. You can very easily add some weight by eating the proper foods, and more of them.

PS - broccoli does not count for protein.

Comment

No, it's not a lot at all! I meant I didn't think you could eat the variety you posted. Milk, bread, cereal, etc. I thought you were much more restrictive. You can very easily add some weight by eating the proper foods, and more of them.

PS - broccoli does not count for protein.
            I can't do alot of milk. I can eat breads ok. Just worried about adding more carbs since dr said to cut back on them. I don't normally eat the cold cereal. Although I'm supposed to stay away from fiber, sometimes my body says " hey i need a little help" because of the meds.

Comment

I am a bit lost here. It looks like you can eat anything you want. I thought you had to avoid all kinds of foods etc..

is it just that you cant eat much in one sitting? you will never gain weight on a diet of a bowl of cereal and some sandwiches.

sounds like the doc wants you to cut sugar, not necessarily carbs. i doubt very much the fruit juice does anything at all in terms of keeping you from getting an upset stomach. fruit juice is nothing but sugar garbage.

start eating proper meals. replace the cereal with oatmeal, a banana, and some eggs or protein shake.

get rid of the ham sandwiches and replace with chicken or fish or steak and rice.

add 3-4 meals to your current meal plan. even if it is small snacks like nuts etc. you need more cals and you need proper cals, not the junk you are eating.

Comment

I am a bit lost here. It looks like you can eat anything you want. I thought you had to avoid all kinds of foods etc..

is it just that you cant eat much in one sitting? you will never gain weight on a diet of a bowl of cereal and some sandwiches.

sounds like the doc wants you to cut sugar, not necessarily carbs. i doubt very much the fruit juice does anything at all in terms of keeping you from getting an upset stomach. fruit juice is nothing but sugar garbage.

start eating proper meals. replace the cereal with oatmeal, a banana, and some eggs or protein shake.

get rid of the ham sandwiches and replace with chicken or fish or steak and rice.

add 3-4 meals to your current meal plan. even if it is small snacks like nuts etc. you need more cals and you need proper cals, not the junk you are eating.
                No, I can't eat anything I want, but in order to be able to ease the occassional pain of constipation, which is a rarity, caused by my meds, I have to eat some fiber. I used to eat oatmeal every morning but after all this started, I had to stop because the amount of fiber was adding to the problems in my colon, causing more pain and bleeding. I normally do eat boiled eggs for breakfast and a protein shake if I have it, or 1cup milk.

Almost anything super low/no fat, I can eat.
                I eat fruits also. Can't do nuts, or anything that doesn't digest easily, such as peanuts and corn. Feels like razor blades and stabbing ice picks on the other end.
                Although the cereal I had this morning had some nuts and oats in it, I had to make a choice for pain management purposes. Some pain later or alot of pain now and not being able to eat anything for the rest of the day if I don't empty my system. I hope this makes sense?

I can switch out the foods I'm eating, to something healthier. But, the physical amount of food, not much more than what I'm eating now, puts a strain on my system and causes my colon to become spasmatic.
                Until I can find something better, the fruit juice has to stay, the god awful taste of the medication and the after taste left behind is more than enough to make most people sick, and it has for me a couple of times.

So, lets say I eat breakfast at 9am. You say to add 3-4 more meals per day. Can you give me an example of how you would do this for yourself? Given all of the aforementioned circumstances.

Comment

No, I can't eat anything I want, but in order to be able to ease the occassional pain of constipation, which is a rarity, caused by my meds, I have to eat some fiber. I used to eat oatmeal every morning but after all this started, I had to stop because the amount of fiber was adding to the problems in my colon, causing more pain and bleeding. I normally do eat boiled eggs for breakfast and a protein shake if I have it, or 1cup milk.

Almost anything super low/no fat, I can eat.
                  I eat fruits also. Can't do nuts, or anything that doesn't digest easily, such as peanuts and corn. Feels like razor blades and stabbing ice picks on the other end.
                  Although the cereal I had this morning had some nuts and oats in it, I had to make a choice for pain management purposes. Some pain later or alot of pain now and not being able to eat anything for the rest of the day if I don't empty my system. I hope this makes sense?

I can switch out the foods I'm eating, to something healthier. But, the physical amount of food, not much more than what I'm eating now, puts a strain on my system and causes my colon to become spasmatic.
                  Until I can find something better, the fruit juice has to stay, the god awful taste of the medication and the after taste left behind is more than enough to make most people sick, and it has for me a couple of times.

So, lets say I eat breakfast at 9am. You say to add 3-4 more meals per day. Can you give me an example of how you would do this for yourself? Given all of the aforementioned circumstances.
                  Yea that's tough bro, FB is really the only one here that has any sort of clue as to what you have to deal with in terms of food limitations.

As for the last part of your post. I would figure out what I CAN eat and add that to my current meals. You just need more calories at this point. You cant do nuts but can you do peanut butter? You need to find some calorie dense foods that your body can tolerate.

Comment

Yea that's tough bro, FB is really the only one here that has any sort of clue as to what you have to deal with in terms of food limitations.

As for the last part of your post. I would figure out what I CAN eat and add that to my current meals. You just need more calories at this point. You cant do nuts but can you do peanut butter? You need to find some calorie dense foods that your body can tolerate.
                    FB has been giving a lot of info and things to try. So this has been GREAT help.

DUH, it did slip my mind actually, I can eat the HELL out of some peanut butter with minimal repercussions. My dr. says the same thing, I just have to find out what I can eat as long as it is a low residual diet, and now low on sugars. I've started new medications a little over a month ago and they seem to be helping alot. At the expense of my immune system, but they're helping.

I'm telling you bro, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, well, I might but thats a different story.:retard:

These meds they have me on suck! Like I said, the new one I'm on is working, but at the expense of my immune system. I am literally walking around with NO immune system right now. For example, LOL, I knicked myself shaving. It bled lightly for a couple seconds and stopped as with any cut shaving. 3 days later it was big time infected.

Comment

I'm going to close this thread until you stop talking and start doing! :whip:

Before you "cut carbs", cut the crap. Cereal and milk for breakfast = sugar. A lot of it. Stop drinking all that milk, you're not a baby cow.

How about when you take your meds, you pop a few fresh blueberries instead of a glass of fruit juice? I know fresh fruit has far more flavor than a juice.

You need to start eating properly if you're going to get anywhere. Start small, 3 or 4 small meals a day. You can supplement a protein shake once or twice in between if you need too. You don't need to sit down and eat an entire pound of meat at a time if you have digestive problems. Start out with maybe 8oz of chicken or turkey and a cup of white rice. Try it three times a day to start. You will have time to digest that before the next meal comes around. Don't go all crazy, you're not going to know what is causing what. You say you do, but after seeing what you eat I don't know that I believe it! lol

Eating things that are fuel for your body is only going to help you. Not just with your colon issues, but all around. If your immune system is weak, that's another reason to eat properly. Too bad if you get tired of eating chicken.

Also, if you need *some* fiber, throw in some oats for meal one once or twice a week. I'm looking at some gluten free "mighty tasty hot cereal" and it has 4g of fiber per serving. Try a serving, see how it does. DON'T go overboard and eat it everyday. SLOW.

I know how to eat with allergies. I know it sucks and sometimes it gets VERY frustrating. But trust me, you're eating far more than I'm "allowed", so I can say with assurance that it can be done!

Comment

Before you "cut carbs", cut the crap. Cereal and milk for breakfast = sugar. A lot of it. Stop drinking all that milk, you're not a baby cow.

How about when you take your meds, you pop a few fresh blueberries instead of a glass of fruit juice? I know fresh fruit has far more flavor than a juice.

You need to start eating properly if you're going to get anywhere. Start small, 3 or 4 small meals a day. You can supplement a protein shake once or twice in between if you need too. You don't need to sit down and eat an entire pound of meat at a time if you have digestive problems. Start out with maybe 8oz of chicken or turkey and a cup of white rice. Try it three times a day to start. You will have time to digest that before the next meal comes around. Don't go all crazy, you're not going to know what is causing what. You say you do, but after seeing what you eat I don't know that I believe it! lol

Eating things that are fuel for your body is only going to help you. Not just with your colon issues, but all around. If your immune system is weak, that's another reason to eat properly. Too bad if you get tired of eating chicken.

Also, if you need *some* fiber, throw in some oats for meal one once or twice a week. I'm looking at some gluten free "mighty tasty hot cereal" and it has 4g of fiber per serving. Try a serving, see how it does. DON'T go overboard and eat it everyday. SLOW.

I know how to eat with allergies. I know it sucks and sometimes it gets VERY frustrating. But trust me, you're eating far more than I'm "allowed", so I can say with assurance that it can be done!
                        :clapback:

Nothing more to be said really.

GTLinFL, lets start talking about the changes you have made and are making as of right now.

Comment

I've read every single post in this thread and I couldn't agree more with the guys here.

GTL you are talking about looking like a bodybuilder but you are not willing to do what it takes to look like one.

Sorry about your illness but you been making post after post and expecting to hear something magical that is going to transform your physique over night.

You wanna look like a bodybuilder? You have to eat chicken and rice day after day, month after month, year after year. I don't give shit if you are sick of it. KEEP EATING IT!!!

You said you can eat peanut butter so keep eating that and also add flaxseed oil, avocados and and mix some mct oil with your protein shakes. And who hell doesn't have time to go buy a god damn protein powder?

Here is a diet for you.

Meal one seven hard boiled eggs two yolks five whites two slices of wheat bread (since you can eat bread in a sandwich) half an avacado and glass of orange juice.

Meal two two scooops of protein powder with a serving of mct oil.

Meal three: two chicken breast, two cups of rice, cup of beans, cup or two broccoli with couple teaspoons of flaxseed oil.

Meal four: same as three.

Meal five: same as two.

Meal six: same as three.

Now stop asking fucking questions and start eating. :slap:

Comment

Haha.. Beast keeping it real! Agreed, except eat an orange and ditch the juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              Haha.. Beast keeping it real! Agreed, except eat an orange and ditch the juice.
                              Lol thanks scrum. :D
                              I gave him a break with the oj because of his medications. :)

And gtl don't forget water. Since you say some of the food absorbes to much water and causes pain drink a gallon a day.

Comment

FB,
                                WTF?!? A baby cow, lol... It's only 1 cup of milk. And I found a store that carries the "mighty tasty hot cereal" you mentioned. Going to get some the next time I'm out shopping. I'm slowly trying to increase my protein intake as well. Today was a little rough. Very bloated and constant urge to use the bathroom. Slight colon spasms from the protein. But I'm going to keep trying to increase the protein. I also got a digital scale so I can start properly measuring out the foods I'm eating so I can better track it. i.e. exact measurements before and after foods are cooked...

:clapback:

Nothing more to be said really.

GTLinFL, lets start talking about the changes you have made and are making as of right now.
                                Bouncer,

See above, LOL:)

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                                I've read every single post in this thread and I couldn't agree more with the guys here.

GTL you are talking about looking like a bodybuilder but you are not willing to do what it takes to look like one.

Sorry about your illness but you been making post after post and expecting to hear something magical that is going to transform your physique over night.

You wanna look like a bodybuilder? You have to eat chicken and rice day after day, month after month, year after year. I don't give shit if you are sick of it. KEEP EATING IT!!!

You said you can eat peanut butter so keep eating that and also add flaxseed oil, avocados and and mix some mct oil with your protein shakes. And who hell doesn't have time to go buy a god damn protein powder?

Here is a diet for you.

Meal one seven hard boiled eggs two yolks five whites two slices of wheat bread (since you can eat bread in a sandwich) half an avacado and glass of orange juice.

Meal two two scooops of protein powder with a serving of mct oil.

Meal three: two chicken breast, two cups of rice, cup of beans, cup or two broccoli with couple teaspoons of flaxseed oil.

Meal four: same as three.

Meal five: same as two.

Meal six: same as three.

Now stop asking fucking questions and start eating. :slap:
                                Beast,

I agree with you on the ever-so-great advice, But, you obviously have not read every single post. Because at no time did I ever say I wanted to look like and or be a body builder. I merely said that I wanted to at least get back to where I was pre-sickness and/or hopefully get to where I wanted to be, which was around 190-200lbs. Also, you would have read that I couldn't possibly physically hold the amount of food that you are talkling about in the diet you laid out. As of right now, what you have laid out in Meal 1 and 3, I'm lucky if I can get that much food into my system, let alone the rest.

Yes I can eat peanut butter, but what does the flaxseed oil do? And what is mct oil? I genuinely do not know. I am also trying to increase my water intake.

I'm not looking for some overnight magic to happen, it won't, I already know that. I know it takes ALOT of hard work and dedication. I was in the process of getting to where I wanted to be before I got sick and lost it all. When I say lost it all, I mean 51lbs in the 5wks before I was hospitalized and then another 15-20lbs a month later before being hospitalized again. I've been hunting and searching for answers and advice in hopes of there possibly being someone else in the same or similar situation that has been able to make gains again after all the shit...

And, good job on the progress you are making btw.:thumup:
                                Last edited by GTLinFL; 01-31-13, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X