No announcement yet.

Where To Start???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my workout plan btw... Is this good? What should be changed? Because I KNOW you'll have changes, lol.:thumup:
    It's 3 days on / 1 day off - repeat In the order listed.
    Day1 Back and Bi's
    15min treadmill warm-up
    Pull-ups: 2 sets 2-6 Reps or however many I can do.
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Barbell Rows: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Machine Or Dumbbell Reverse Fly: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Single Barbell Lat Pull Over: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Machine Curls: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Barbell Curls: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps

Day2 Chest and Tri's
    15min treadmill warm-up
    Flat Bench or Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps ( if I do bench then the next time I do dumbells for all)
    Incline Bench or Dumbbell Press : 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Decline Bench or Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Dumbbell Or Machine Fly: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Single Dumbbell Chest Press: 2 Sets 20 Reps
    Rope Pull Downs: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Straight Bar Rev. Pull Down: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Dips: (assisted or add weight) 3 Sets 8-12 Reps

Day3 Shoulders and Legs
    15min treadmill warm-up
    Shrugs: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Barbell overhead press, front : 2 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Barbell overhead press, Behind: 2 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Cable or dumbbell straight arm to front lateral raise:
    3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Standing or seated calf raise: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Leg press: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Squats: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Leg extensions: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps
    Hamstring curls: 3 Sets 8-12 Reps

Abs daily, which consists of inclined crunches with weight and using cable machine to do kneeling crunches with weight.

I try to maintain strict form but also increase the weight with each set to ultimately end up at muscle failure/exhaustion on the last rep of the last set.:weights:

Comment

Originally posted by GTLinFL View Post

So, here is my analysis for the day. I have consumed 2223kcal, 287g carbs, 148g protein, 53g fat, 14g of that being sat. fat. and 9 g of fiber. Some days I may eat more. I still feel kinda hungry now...Oh I almost forgot. There is no fun in being a " lean cut guy" as opposed to being a " mass monster".
      Gtl you might not think so but I did read every single reply before I posted mine.

According to what you wrote here you can easily eat the amount of food I posted.

But then again you posted that lame ham sandwich diet too and according to that you took in about 400 calories that day.

Ok fine don't eat six chicken breast a day, eat four and keep everything else the same.

Mct oil, flaxseed oil, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil...these are all healthy fats that are going to give you energy you need to exercise and keep you going without eating or relying on to many carbs. Also biggest benefit of healthy fats for you is they will not fuck up your blood sugar levels. Nice steady energy without sugar spikes in your blood.

I don't know what your definition of mass monster is but it's obviously is not same as mine. And according to what you wrote above you do wanna look like a bodybuilder.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
        Gtl you might not think so but I did read every single reply before I posted mine.

According to what you wrote here you can easily eat the amount of food I posted.

But then again you posted that lame ham sandwich diet too and according to that you took in about 400 calories that day.

Ok fine don't eat six chicken breast a day, eat four and keep everything else the same.

Mct oil, flaxseed oil, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil...these are all healthy fats that are going to give you energy you need to exercise and keep you going without eating or relying on to many carbs. Also biggest benefit of healthy fats for you is they will not fuck up your blood sugar levels. Nice steady energy without sugar spikes in your blood.

I don't know what your definition of mass monster is but it's obviously is not same as mine. And according to what you wrote above you do wanna look like a bodybuilder.
        Beast,
        Firstly, I would like to apologize. You obviously did read my post, and for that, I thank you. When someone says " Mass Monster " I think of guys like Ronnie Coleman or my good friend Alginard who weighs in at a whopping 335lbs and 8-10% bf. And I was going to say WSM Magnus Ver Magnussen and Matt Kroc, but Matt only weighs in at about 230lbs.

You see, I can only take in what my body will allow. I can't say I'm going to eat this much food everyday and thats it. Well, I can say it, but it might not always happen. I have to take it day-by-day and see what happens, and see how my system reacts.

I've always been that " Lean Cut Guy " most of my life. So for me thats no fun. When I first "bulked up" was when I joined the military. Oddly enough, and I just thought of this myself, I went from a whopping 138lbs and 2.5% bf to 189lbs and 5.5% bf. I packed on 51lbs in 5mos. The reason why I say oddly enough is because I just realized that when I first got sick in 2011 my weight was real close to that weight and I lost like 51lbs. Weird...
        Anyway, my body eventually dropped weight again( due to hard drinking and piss poor diet) and leveled off around 160-165lbs. I just want to be at least back to where I was mid 180's or at my goal, which was around 200lbs.

Roger that, on the oils. I will also add this/these to my shopping list. Now that I know what they're for. I have plenty of olive oil, I'll just have to get the other ones. Like I said, I'll see what I can do about the rest of the diet. I don't think I'm going to be able to eat that much food, but I can say, at least I'll try.

Comment

Ok maybe I was wrong. I figured if I posted up my workout regimen someone would critique it for me by telling me to add this or skip that... Hmmm, guess not, lol.

Comment

Ok maybe I was wrong. I figured if I posted up my workout regimen someone would critique it for me by telling me to add this or skip that... Hmmm, guess not, lol.
            Lol. You are an emotional little guy aren't you? Bwahahaha. :rofl:

I just skimmed through your list, sets and reps look good but imo you don't need to do five different exercises for chest or back. I'd do most four exercises per body part and do four sets each. I know it's pretty much the same but that's just me.
            Ok I'm going back to work now. :D

Comment

Lol. You are an emotional little guy aren't you? Bwahahaha. :rofl:

I just skimmed through your list, sets and reps look good but imo you don't need to do five different exercises for chest or back. I'd do most four exercises per body part and do four sets each. I know it's pretty much the same but that's just me.
              Ok I'm going back to work now. :D
              Funny, very funny, lol, emotional...:rofl:
              Yeah it's one of the perks i.e. downfalls, to these meds,lol.
              So what would you get rid of then? Also, which one would you say builds the chest better, dumbbell presses or straight bar?:weights:

Comment

There is no such thing as one better exercise. You can take out whichever you want. Just switch them around. I never know which exercise I'll be doing until I walk in to the gym. Heck I change shit around even if I had it planned because of couple of idiots decided to 15 sets of chest press so they can get a huge chest. Lol.

Comment

By the way I'm done with straight bar bench presses because I tore my peck last year.

Comment

By the way I'm done with straight bar bench presses because I tore my peck last year.
                    Yeah I read that in another post. So you just do dumbbell presses now or what?

Comment

Actually at this point I do everything but straight bar bench press.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

GTLinFL, lets start talking about the changes you have made and are making as of right now.
                        bump. what changes have you made since starting this thread?

Comment

bump. what changes have you made since starting this thread?
                          I thought I covered that a couple of posts ago in the section that said " Bouncer, See Above, LOL:)" But I don't mind being redundant, lol... Oh btw, what does "bump" mean?

BOUNCER,

First and foremost, what is " change "? Just kidding.
                          Really though, Firstly, what is a day-by-day struggle, that you, as well as a couple others, and you know who you are, have kinda made me see the light and to incorporate change in my attitude, towards myself. I'm no longer the person I was before, pre-sickness, I will never be that person again. Although I would like to be in many different ways, i.e. my attitude towards myself and my general well being, both physically and emotionally. Funny thing, my wife has been preaching this to me for quite some time. I truly owe her everything, for putting up with and tolerating my stupid ass! As you can imagine and probably already know by how testy I have been or was or possible still am, on here. It has not been easy for her at all. For all things that is she, I am grateful...

I have also been trying to change my eating habits again. Utilizing the plethora of knowledge that I am gaining from you guys and generally trying to fight this illness and get to a point to where I can say, " Man, that was bitch. But I've overcame the odds against me. " It's all a work in progress... I may or may not ever get to the goal I had, but when it's all said and done, at least I can say I gave 100% and tried. That 7 letter "F" word isn't in my vocabulary and doesn't come easily for me...

I'm not really sure if this is what you were looking for in answer to your question.

Comment

I thought I covered that a couple of posts ago in the section that said " Bouncer, See Above, LOL:)" But I don't mind being redundant, lol... Oh btw, what does "bump" mean?

BOUNCER,

First and foremost, what is " change "? Just kidding.
                            Really though, Firstly, what is a day-by-day struggle, that you, as well as a couple others, and you know who you are, have kinda made me see the light and to incorporate change in my attitude, towards myself. I'm no longer the person I was before, pre-sickness, I will never be that person again. Although I would like to be in many different ways, i.e. my attitude towards myself and my general well being, both physically and emotionally. Funny thing, my wife has been preaching this to me for quite some time. I truly owe her everything, for putting up with and tolerating my stupid ass! As you can imagine and probably already know by how testy I have been or was or possible still am, on here. It has not been easy for her at all. For all things that is she, I am grateful...

I have also been trying to change my eating habits again. Utilizing the plethora of knowledge that I am gaining from you guys and generally trying to fight this illness and get to a point to where I can say, " Man, that was bitch. But I've overcame the odds against me. " It's all a work in progress... I may or may not ever get to the goal I had, but when it's all said and done, at least I can say I gave 100% and tried. That 7 letter "F" word isn't in my vocabulary and doesn't come easily for me...

I'm not really sure if this is what you were looking for in answer to your question.
                            so to make a long story short you havent really done much in terms of actual change with your diet. not being a dick bro but its almost like you would rather talk about changing things then actually changing things.

what did you eat today?

Comment

so to make a long story short you havent really done much in terms of actual change with your diet. not being a dick bro but its almost like you would rather talk about changing things then actually changing things.

what did you eat today?
                              Not much of anything...
                              Last edited by GTLinFL; 02-03-13, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Nobody is saying you need to wolf shit down. Did you see me say that anywhere? Don't put words in my mouth. You like to take something and run away into another discussion with it. I am not interested in stories and nonsense. I have no interest in your weekend or any other stories that don't directly relate to your diet and your goals. I am a black and white person, i am not interested in the grey area. If you want my help to make changes and accomplish your goals then I will do the best I can to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X