scrum...hows the tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrum...hows the tv?

I have the opportunity to buy a 52" aquos quattron for $1k (about 500 below retail, give or take) and for some reason despite the rave reviews I can't get past this mental stigma of sharp's past products (junk). Seems the only negative in reviews is that fast motion gets choppy, but others say its resolved by settings. What say ye?

Awesome, bro! Haven't had any complaints. Picture is crystal clear with Comcast HD. Will do it all over again if I had to. I got the 70" Quattron, btw.

Comment

I don't watch too much sports, so I can't say for sure how the fast motion is though to be honest.

Comment

How about action scenes from movies or shows? Are movements fluid and smooth?

Comment

Haven't seen any problems. I have streamed from Netflix and also seen DVD and Blu ray movies. They look great. Standard definition looks like shit though - lol...

Comment

Does standard really look like shit or just in comparison to the hd? Some flats screens standard pictures really look bad in general, to the point that an old crt tv looks better. The Samsung lcd's about 5 years ago were like that.

I'm going check one out in the store but I just wanted to get some educated feedback.

Comment

Blm what standard tv program do you watch anymore bro? I can't remember the last time I saw anything that wasn't in HD

Comment

Couldn't even tell you. I am just curious of the total quality of the set resolution.

The only standard programs that are on are the ones my wife puts on because she still doesn't get the fact that there are hd channels, lol.

Comment

exactly, any modern set is going to make standard look like standard, which is low res crap. Lol

Comment

There were some SD programs on Netflix (old documentaries) that looked like shit frankly. SD TV channels on Comcast look ok, just lousy in comparison to HD of course. I really haven't seen any sports motion artifacts that bother me honestly, but I don't have a good baseline to compare this against. Maybe you should check the set out in the store.

All I can say is that they picture quality is stunning and I have no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      There were some SD programs on Netflix (old documentaries) that looked like shit frankly. SD TV channels on Comcast look ok, just lousy in comparison to HD of course. I really haven't seen any sports motion artifacts that bother me honestly, but I don't have a good baseline to compare this against. Maybe you should check the set out in the store.

All I can say is that they picture quality is stunning and I have no complaints.
                      i love the question about "how does SD look".

it like asking, "how slow can you drive your ferrari".

how gives a flying fuck.

SD is old shit that looks like shit. it looked like shit the day it came out on a tube tv and it looks like shit on a modern HD set.

Comment

I wish everything I want to watch has been remastered to HD quality. Unfortunately, there has been plenty of material in 4:3 SD, especially older documentaries, even from about 10 or 15 years ago. But I agree, most everything I watch now is HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                          I wish everything I want to watch has been remastered to HD quality. Unfortunately, there has been plenty of material in 4:3 SD, especially older documentaries, even from about 10 or 15 years ago. But I agree, most everything I watch now is HD.
                          i come across the occasional modern marvels from 2002 or something that i want to watch that isnt HD, it looks how SD looks, crappy. lol.

its like looking at my 3gs iphone and then looking at sana's 4S, her phone is so clear, mine looks soft and blurry. :(

Comment

TV DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!

I'm so god damn mad right now. Bitch was brand new still in the box. Won't even turn on. Gotta wait for a tech from Sharp to come out next week. It was the only one available in this part of Florida. Drove 2 hours to get it. They're all sold out online and in stores (with Best Buy). I have a friend who is a higher up at that location who got me an amazing deal and here I sit with a new, sleek and sexy decoration.

MOTHER FUUUUUUUCKEEEEER!

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                              Couldn't even tell you. I am just curious of the total quality of the set resolution.

The only standard programs that are on are the ones my wife puts on because she still doesn't get the fact that there are hd channels, lol.
                              LOL my mom is the same way I will go over and she has shit TV on so I take the controler and show her the HD channel and say you pay for this why not watch it. LOL I do this every friday and she still has shit channels on.

I will only watch HD channel if its not on HD I wont watch it no matter what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X