No announcement yet.

scrum...hows the tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 61 inch dlp I had when we were in Raleigh for a year in 2005 cost 6 grand. Now a 61 inch dlp cost like $1200

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      My 61 inch dlp I had when we were in Raleigh for a year in 2005 cost 6 grand. Now a 61 inch dlp cost like $1200
      lol I have a 82" that was around 5k about 1 or 1.5 yrs ago DLP alsp now I see the LED 80" for about the same price i paid,lol
      fuckers always getting something better the next day.
      but I will admit my TV still looks very nice and fit perfect with less than 1" gap on both sides of the cut out my house has

Comment

lol its still 2800 so i dont feel as bad as 1200 but oh well
        Amazon.com: Mitsubishi WD-82740 82-Inch 1080p Projection TV: Electronics

Comment

I doubt most people that will purchase the 80" or own similarly large sets actually have the adequate viewing distance to appreciate or justify the size.

Comment

After viewing my 70" from a viewing distance of 8', I have come to the conclusion that a) regardless of what wives say, there is no such thing as a TV that's too big and b) with HD content, the viewing distance can be reduced considerably over the "by the book" charts, significantly improving the immersive viewing experience.

Comment

I don't agree at all scrum. For movies I would agree but for everyday tv viewing even the 61 was annoying to me.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                I doubt most people that will purchase the 80" or own similarly large sets actually have the adequate viewing distance to appreciate or justify the size.
                if you were talking to me I have over 9' from my theater chairs to TV probably closer to 11.

Comment

I don't agree at all scrum. For movies I would agree but for everyday tv viewing even the 61 was annoying to me.
                  in your aparment or the place you live now. I am sure the apartment was to small for 61"

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                    in your aparment or the place you live now. I am sure the apartment was to small for 61"
                    townhouse. no matter what the room size i simply dont like the look of anything 60 or over for anything other then movies or sports. watching the history channel in 80 inches is fucken stupid imo

Comment

It keeps getting better lol.... So I mention to my lab colleague that I share an office with that I have a 70" Aquos and that there's an 80" coming out. And he goes out and buys one. Having it delivered next week. I go from having the biggest TV in my department to not even having the biggest TV in my own office. :pissed:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        It keeps getting better lol.... So I mention to my lab colleague that I share an office with that I have a 70" Aquos and that there's an 80" coming out. And he goes out and buys one. Having it delivered next week. I go from having the biggest TV in my department to not even having the biggest TV in my own office. :pissed:
                        Cheap ass bouncer offered $250.39 for you 70" tv. I say screw that cheap ass. I'll give you 300 bucks plus the shipping for your tv so you can go buy that 80" you want so badly. :D

Comment

Lol....

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                            if you were talking to me I have over 9' from my theater chairs to TV probably closer to 11.
                            LOL my bad I just measured 14.5 away

Comment

townhouse. no matter what the room size i simply dont like the look of anything 60 or over for anything other then movies or sports. watching the history channel in 80 inches is fucken stupid imo
                              that makes zero sence.

Comment

rocket you have a dlp bro, get out of the thread. you are talking about ancient fucken tech. we are talking about LED flat panels. go back to 2005 where your tv is cool again and stfu.

i am saying i dont like the actual look of a massive tv set. an 80 inch set would be by far the biggest piece of anything in pretty much the whole house. doesnt blend in well. and your fucken dlp looks like a big clunky mess squeezed into your even bigger massive wood tv holding chamber. lmao. if i came to your house i would kick in your screen and burn the fuck!

Comment

Working...
                                X