No announcement yet.

scrum...hows the tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. Going to look tonight to compare.

Comment

What happened? Did the guy not get it fixed right?

Comment

He hasn't come out yet. Was set for tomorrow but he had to order a part so now it's Monday at best. I raised hell cuz Im basically starting with a refurb Sharp before I even turn it on. I got them to offer a bigger and better (at least on paper) Sony Bravia. I was going to look st it tonight but got tied up. Heading tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Update:

For now I will be keeping the Sharp and waiting for repair. The Sony looked great but I would still have to wait 6 days to get it from the warehouse (Best Buy) has a serious stock issue is something I've learned thru all of this.

BB credited me an additional $400 for my troubles. So in the end I git the tv with a 4 yr service warranty for about $900.

Despite the hours on the phone and all the bullshit I feel I will make out in the end. The tv retails for around $1600 and the 4 yr warranty is almost $400.

Comment

blm, next time go look at the tv so you know what it looks like in person, then order from vanns.com or crutchfield.com free shipping, no sales tax and if anything is wrong with the set they will keep replacing it no cost to you until it is perfect.

Comment

Typically I'd do that, buy I got such a great price on the set prior to the bs.

Comment

I hope it works out well, bro. What I found was that the features per dollar on the Sharp was far better than just about any other manufacturer that I could find. Sony was at the other end of the spectrum, although the quality was phenomenal. Samsung was, in my research (and I did a ton of it) the most overrated in a features per dollar comparison when normalized to quality.

Comment

Tv is repaired and on the wall. Looks great so far but have a lot of fine tuning to do.

Good thing I located the set top box in the closet. When it was by the tv, the sharps ir emittance interfered and would change channels, select vod, open the guide....when I was using the tv option menus.

Dlna works great. Got to see all hd videos and pics on my phone in crystal clear 52".

Absolutely worth $1200.

Comment

Sweet! Glad it worked out. I love my set as well - although it is usually either my older son watching Brian Cox or my younger son playing Mario Kart Wii lol... I haven't watched a game in ages.

Comment

Man, just when I thought I was king of the hill with my 70" TV for quite a while, Sharp comes out with an 80".. :eek: I WANT!!!

Damn thing costs north of 5 grand though... may have to wait for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post

Damn thing costs north of 5 grand though... may have to wait for a while.
                        false, $4400 on amazon

:clapback:

will give you $250.39 for the 70 inch you pay shipping.

Comment

Amazon.com: AQUOS LC-80LE632U 80" LED-LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV 1080p - 1080p - 120 Hz: Electronics

Comment

That's still almost 2 grand more than I paid for my 70". No thanks.

Comment

will be $1500 in 2 years.

Comment

Agreed. Amazing how the economy of scale works.

Comment

Working...
                                X