Pistol for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol for home defense

I have a full size Taurus 9mm which I would use as my primary gun for home defense. It holds 15 +1. I bought it when I was in my early 20’s. I put 3,000+ rounds through it and never had any issues. I also have a Glock 27 which I use as my every day carry. I’m looking for a new pistol to replace my Taurus. I’d like something that can hold a decent amount of rounds and is extremely reliable. I like the Glock 17. Glock makes a magazine for it which holds 33 rounds. Seems great for what I need it for. I don’t want to spend more than $900. Suggestions?

Sounds like ya got it figured out bro...

Its all about whats comfortable to you and what ya can hit with. If it dont feel good in the hands and ya cant hit what ya want you wont have confidence in it if you ever need it. Stick with what ya know!!

Im partial to Springfields..the XD line..

Comment

XD is a great line from what I read but I have never shot one before. I wish my local gun store would let me take a dozen different models out to shoot. :)

Comment

I thought you could. Aren't gun places connected to ranges?

Comment

Get one of these. :rofl:

Comment

I like it beast but too much recoil! :)

Comment

My dad just picked up a Tavor. Got to throw some rounds through it over the weekend. It was a blast to shoot. Same barrel length as an AK but much more compact due to the "guts" being in the back of the rifle. Great choice for home protection except I don't want a rifle safe next to my bed. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                I thought you could. Aren't gun places connected to ranges?
                lots of shooting ranges let you rent guns just to shoot or to see if you like before you buy. most will rent you gun and if you buy they credit you the rental fee.

chad since you have a glock and know how they shoot I say fuck ya get the 17 I have one and hated it i had to spend a fortune on it to make it ok for me. but come war time I am grabbing it first even though i shoot other guns better.
                you know that thing will go boom every time super easy to clean and the 33rd is awesome I have 4 of them and i also have a few +6 mag bases that turn a reg size mag into 22 rounds with out the giant stick hanging out the bottom like the 33er.

Comment

^ Thanks Rocket. Thought I had myself talked into the G17 then I came across a Kimber Custom TLE 1911. Wasn't even looking at the 1911 models. Has anyone ever shot one? Reviews seem fantastic. The one below is selling on armslist in my area. Almost new with only 200 rounds through it for a decent price. Not sure what to do now. I might have to buy them both. lol

Comment

XDm 40 or 45 3.8" barrel is nice and compact.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      ^ Thanks Rocket. Thought I had myself talked into the G17 then I came across a Kimber Custom TLE 1911. Wasn't even looking at the 1911 models. Has anyone ever shot one? Reviews seem fantastic. The one below is selling on armslist in my area. Almost new with only 200 rounds through it for a decent price. Not sure what to do now. I might have to buy them both. lol

Thats a GREAT piece Chadd..:thumb:

Comment

Damn sure is.

Comment

3.8 XDM with magazine extension. Nice and compact comes in 9mm, 40 S&W and .45. I got it in 40 S&W. Shoots great not too much kick for a smaller barrel.

Comment

I don't want a compact gun for home defense. I have a Glock 27 which is concealed carry. Looking for a full size.

Comment

4.5 chadd.

Comment

Working...
                              X