No announcement yet.

Pistol for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A smaller gun is great for one thing... concealing. They are very snappy. Doesn't matter how big you are you will still notice the recoil much more than a full size pistol. It's a night and day difference. And they are harder to shoot accurately because the sight radius is shorter. From my own personal experience it takes a lot of practice to be accurate with a subcompact pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
      A smaller gun is great for one thing... concealing. They are very snappy. Doesn't matter how big you are you will still notice the recoil much more than a full size pistol. It's a night and day difference. And they are harder to shoot accurately because the sight radius is shorter. From my own personal experience it takes a lot of practice to be accurate with a subcompact pistol.

Yep.

Comment

I wonder what the statistics are on home invasions etc and when and how you are likely to need a firearm. I guess it's mostly pointing down a stairwell while shouting

Get the fuck out I dialled 911

Comment

I would need a firearm 100% of the time for home invasions. No way would I want to defend my family without one.

Mr I, can you legally own a firearm/pistol? Can you conceal carry?

Comment

I would need a firearm 100% of the time for home invasions. No way would I want to defend my family without one.

Mr I, can you legally own a firearm/pistol? Can you conceal carry?
            We used to be able to own handguns. Not anymore, legally.

I used to own three shot guns, two bullet rifle firearms, tgese were for rough shooting.

If you are asking on terms of my experience with hand guns per se. I used to competition target shoot but those are different pistols with balancing weights and all kinds of tech only good for one shot. But I have shot alot and understand a bit about guns as you can see.

Over here an incident occurred in Dunblane where a mental guy entered a school and shot kids so they outlawed handgun ownership on a heartbeat.

Of handguns I have shot a desert eagle (not the .50 can think it was 357 magnum), .45 magnum revolver, and a bunch of handguns around three world including Vegas

Although I think revolvers are beautiful I think the most effective all round is a 9mm semi.

I hear people talking of recoil etc but too heavier gun with too long a barrel can also be hard to control for a small person with weak wrists.

For HD you want something reliable, easy to use, reasonable accuracy and good clip capacity.

Comment

So legally how can you own a firearm? And since you can't own a pistol I'm guessing no one can carry concealed. You're country sucks when it comes to owning firearms. lol SO much for protecting your family.

And I have witnessed on many occasions women that shoot a full size 45 much better than a subcompact 9mm. Never the other way around.

Comment

I bought my wife a .380 lcp for carry but when it comes to shooting at the range she prefers our old Black hawk .357 magnum revolver. She is tiny; 5' 3" 115lbs. The lcp is convenient for the purse but a pain in the ass to shoot. It's so light it moves around in her hand and the sights are relatively useless. Definitely a point and shoot at close range firearm.

Comment

Put it this way by the time ole Rocket had cooked and aimed his hand cannon o would have put three in his ass with that 3.8 XD ha

Comment

So legally how can you own a firearm? And since you can't own a pistol I'm guessing no one can carry concealed. You're country sucks when it comes to owning firearms. lol SO much for protecting your family.

And I have witnessed on many occasions women that shoot a full size 45 much better than a subcompact 9mm. Never the other way around.
                    Yes but what you need to understand is tgat there are far far less guns in circulation on the street. The chances are if someone comes to invade your home it's with blunt weapons. Does gun crime happen? Yes, but far less than in a country like USA.

Comment

So legally how can you own a firearm? And since you can't own a pistol I'm guessing no one can carry concealed. You're country sucks when it comes to owning firearms. lol SO much for protecting your
                      You can own a firearm by getting a license. You can keep them at home, shotguns, rifles etc.

Handguns however, no, you must store them at the range.

I could think of nothing worse than people walking around with concealed weapons. I prefer the society I live in where in all my life even working clubs as a young man for 12 years I never once saw a gun.

Comment

Agree Mr I.

The problem though is that so many people have guns here now. If you banned them today it wouldn't change anything. People would still carry them in the same way that people still use illegal drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          Agree Mr I.

The problem though is that so many people have guns here now. If you banned them today it wouldn't change anything. People would still carry them in the same way that people still use illegal drugs.
                          Making something illegal doesn't solve anything.

Comment

I completely understand that BECAUSE USA has so many guns in circulation already, it's a completely different set of circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                              Put it this way by the time ole Rocket had cooked and aimed his hand cannon o would have put three in his ass with that 3.8 XD ha
                              Ha ha I think you have me mistaken for someone else and other than furnismsn
                              I'd bet I out shoot everyone on this site. I been shooting a long time and many many times.

Lol and my so called hand cannon is already loaded and it's only a 4" Wilson combat 1911
                              I shoot it best is why it's next to me right now.
                              If we go to war I have G17 or G21 as my back up very possible my FN 5.7 I guess it depends
                              I shoot the G21 extreamly fast and pretty accurate for what it is.

Comment

I do have my newest gun this Saturday that is a 3" kimber I posted link already but as chad said that's only good to conceal its a lot harder to shoot.
                                Funny but that 1" makes a huge difference I can't even stress how much different it is

Comment

Working...
                                X