No announcement yet.

Pistol for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1911 wouldn't be my choice for home defense. Heavy, low capacity, and usually require more love to get it to operate 100%. Just my opinion.

I have a Glock 19 as the bedside gun.

I like Glock because the factory is minutes away from my house. They will replace every internal part for free if you are having trouble or you have an older gun with a ton of wear and tear.

If I were in the market for a new bedside gun:
    Glock 19/17
    Hk VP 9
    Glock 21 if I wanted a .45.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
      ^ Thanks Rocket. Thought I had myself talked into the G17 then I came across a Kimber Custom TLE 1911. Wasn't even looking at the 1911 models. Has anyone ever shot one? Reviews seem fantastic. The one below is selling on armslist in my area. Almost new with only 200 rounds through it for a decent price. Not sure what to do now. I might have to buy them both. lol

I don't know a god damn thing about guns but that is just beautiful from a mechanical and engineering standpoint. Clean and sharp yet functional and efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        I don't know a god damn thing about guns but that is just beautiful from a mechanical and engineering standpoint. Clean and sharp yet functional and efficient.
        It really is. Pretty sure I'll have that by the end of the day today. :) Then I need to get a home defense gun. lol

Comment

Sounds good

Rounds capacity and reliability over calibre any day

Comment

It really is. Pretty sure I'll have that by the end of the day today. :) Then I need to get a home defense gun. lol
            Get a glock 23. Share mags and ammo with your 27.

Comment

I don't know limber to well but saying don't take a 1911 as home defense gun is not the smartest thing Ive heard turbo say before,lol

my bed side gun is 1911 wilson combat I have it there cuz I shoot it best you don't need 33 rounds as home Dfence I have 4 mags right next to it but come on really Im not having a war in my bed if it is I will use my 9 rounds to get to my real guns anyways.

home Dfence you want most reliable most accurate and easiest to use under any condition. reason i have pistol over my benelli M4 by my bed.

like i said i don't know limber but I believe the are mid tier 1911 so should be no problems. I just ordered a CQC last week though don't have yet but I got it cuz it looks cool desert camo with a laser built in grips

can you test the kimber? why only 200 rounds then selling? that might scare me but test it out with home Dfence rounds

Comment

Kimber is a VERY GOOD quality piece with out a doubt.

And I agree a 1911 platform is a great gun. Its all about what your comfortable with and can hit with.

I have actually been thinking of a hammerless 38 spcl snubby lately, For concealed carry. Fits right in front pocket..wont catch on anything comming out..5 fast reliable shots. Just enough to break close contact and do what needs to be done. Sometimes the big 45 on the hip isnt the right gun for the situation. Like going to the beach a pinic or summer time in shorts and a light shirt..although I love my XD and will never get rid of it.

Comment

Kiber gets amazing reviews. Never heard anything bad about them. The custom TLE model is what most swat teams use as their duty pistol.

He was selling it because Kimber just came out with a new model which he was buying. I bought it last night. He took off the custom grips and put the factory back on. I'll post up some pics after I have the grips installed. Shooting this evening after work so I'' let you know how I like it. It's a beautiful gun. Love the looks of it and it feels great in my hand.

Comment

Kiber gets amazing reviews. Never heard anything bad about them. The custom TLE model is what most swat teams use as their duty pistol.

He was selling it because Kimber just came out with a new model which he was buying. I bought it last night. He took off the custom grips and put the factory back on. I'll post up some pics after I have the grips installed. Shooting this evening after work so I'' let you know how I like it. It's a beautiful gun. Love the looks of it and it feels great in my hand.
                    if it is anything like my wilson combat you will shoot way better with it than block

Comment

lol glock
                      this is what I ordered. I liked the way it looked and shot one just like it with out the cool paint job and laser. of coarse like all i do i shot it good not as good as with my wilson but my wilson is bigger this one is small

Kimber America | Ultra Covert II | Covert II | 1911

Comment

I'm a Glock guy myself but I've really been wanting a Sig. I hear they are fantastic weapons as far as accuracy and reliability plus they look pretty sweet as well. SEALs have been using them for a while now so they've got to be good.

Comment

Here she is. Not looking to do a lot custom work to it. I put custom VZ grips on it and a Smith and Alexander mag housing. It already has night sights. It really is one of the most beautiful guns I've seen. Shoots amazing too. Love everything about it.

Comment

Beautiful piece bro. Seems everyone likes kimber but nobody wants to spend the extra money to get one.

Comment

ya i dig that grip bro

Comment

wait you took that grip off or that is the stock grip? I like what is posted a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X