Pistol for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
    wait you took that grip off or that is the stock grip? I like what is posted a lot.
    The grip in his pic is the new VZ grip. Looks nice.

Comment

Yep, that's the new grips I just put on.

Got to shoot it over the weekend. So far I love the gun. I ordered 250 rounds which should be here any day. Can't really give a full review on it until I have a couple hundred rounds through it.

Only think I don't like is I only have one mag and it holds 7. Need to order a couple other mags. So more downtime than I'd like in between shoots. And cleaning it does take much longer than my glock. More pieces to take apart.

Comment

Shove this in your 9ml and have done This is the Last Bullet You Will Ever Need | CSFVIDEOS

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
          Shove this in your 9ml and have done This is the Last Bullet You Will Ever Need | CSFVIDEOS
          Read reviews on it. Way over-hyped and under-performs other hollowpoints in its class. Looks cool though.

Comment

wilson combat mags. sounds funny but i see everyone with 1911s buying them. I am getting a few more soon as limber gets here won't need many if they share with my wilson.

Comment

I heard Wilson combat or chip mccormick mags. Just ordered a chip mccormick but might pick up a Wilson combat too.

Comment

yes that one too.
                funny but i would think Kimber mags work best with Kimber guns?
                LOL I still have not got mine its been on order for ever then the stupid 10 day wait I have 7 more. well wife has 7 more i don't own any guns lol

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                  3.8 XDM with magazine extension. Nice and compact comes in 9mm, 40 S&W and .45. I got it in 40 S&W. Shoots great not too much kick for a smaller barrel.
                  This looks great for HD

Well balanced and not too big

Comment

yes that one too.
                    funny but i would think Kimber mags work best with Kimber guns?
                    LOL I still have not got mine its been on order for ever then the stupid 10 day wait I have 7 more. well wife has 7 more i don't own any guns lol
                    Cooling off period? That sucks. What state you in bro? In Ohio I can buy a pistol on the spot and turn around, pay the range fee and shoot it right away. National instant crimal background check ftw.

Comment

ANTI gun capitol of the world CALIFORNIA.

MR I that XD is super tiny if you not used to shooting that lil thing you might not hit what you aiming at. thats def a more concealed carry gun or a back up but IMO def no home Dfence but that just my opinion.

Comment

I think chad made a good choice on a damn pretty gun. makes me want mine now (next sat) I never owed a kimber. I shot one same size 3" shot it pretty good up to 20 then the groups were kind more just holes scattered. in my defense I can't even see the damn target at 25 yards it just a big black dot,lol

Comment

Love my Kimber so far man. Maybe it's because I haven't been shooting my full size in a while and only subcompact. Love the way it shoots and it also looks badass! lol

Comment

ANTI gun capitol of the world CALIFORNIA.

MR I that XD is super tiny if you not used to shooting that lil thing you might not hit what you aiming at. thats def a more concealed carry gun or a back up but IMO def no home Dfence but that just my opinion.
                            I guess my line of thinking was;quick to hand and aim and large clip. Unless your living in Dynasty texas ranch you won't have to shoot too far and a big guy like me won't struggle with recoil.

To each his own and others may favour heavier pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                              I guess my line of thinking was;quick to hand and aim and large clip. Unless your living in Dynasty texas ranch you won't have to shoot too far and a big guy like me won't struggle with recoil.

To each his own and others may favour heavier pieces
                              Larger guns of the same caliber have less recoil. More mass to absorb the energy from the bullet. That's the problem a lot of women have. They all want these tiny ass pistols then freak put when the thing has uncontrollable muzzle flip.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                                Larger guns of the same caliber have less recoil. More mass to absorb the energy from the bullet. That's the problem a lot of women have. They all want these tiny ass pistols then freak put when the thing has uncontrollable muzzle flip.
                                Exactly my point.

For me I could hold a smaller handgun no probs but inversely a smaller person may benefit from a heavier weight weapon.

If you can control a smaller one such as above then I would think it preferable since its easier to grab and move and with a large mag capacity and reliable semi auto used in shirt distance exchange like in a home then it's gtg

Comment

Working...
                                X