No announcement yet.

The SFW photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a postcard view of Heceta Head Lighthouse on the Oregon Coast. The fog was rolling in from the ocean and I managed to get a few shots of the lighthouse from a roadside pullout at the next cliff from Heceta Head where the lighthouse is.

Hope you like it!

7D2_3164 by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

7D2_3261 by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Comment

Damn Scrum. That lighthouse pic is fantastic. It isn't just the camera and lens, it has a lot to do with what you see and are able to capture. You have taken a hobby and perfected it.

Comment

Thanks, Turbo! I hang out at some photography boards as well, trying to learn as much as possible. Every once in a while, I manage to create a vision in my head on how to frame a photograph and it actually comes out looking reasonable, this one being one such case. In general however, it is pretty hard for me.

Photography is a lot like painting, in my opinion. People think that with great equipment and practice, they can become a master. But that's no more possible than getting the best paint, brushes and an easel and thinking you can be Rembrandt. You can certainly get better, but the masters of photography have that reputation for a reason. But it sure is fun trying! :)

Comment

Yea that's some pretty epic shots. Beast jealousy telling scrum what he did wrong with the picture incoming in 3... 2... 1.... :D

Comment

Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport, Oregon.

IMG_4433 by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Comment

Fog rolling in from the Pacific at Sea Lion Point, Oregon.

IMG_4261 by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Comment

Steller's sea lions chilling near Heceta Head, Oregon

Steller's Sea Lions near Heceta Head, Oregon by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Comment

Cape Creek Bridge, Heceta Head, Oregon.

Cape Creek Bridge, Heceta Head, Oregon by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Comment

Scrum everyone of your pics is like a "visit Oregon" advertisement. Beautiful.

Comment

The SFW photo thread

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      Yea that's some pretty epic shots. Beast jealousy telling scrum what he did wrong with the picture incoming in 3... 2... 1.... :D

You made me lol. And here it is...:D

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Fog rolling in from the Pacific at Sea Lion Point, Oregon.

IMG_4261 by Scrumhalf, on Flickr

Scrum next time you should do a few seconds longer shutter on the tripod to get the better cloud trail effect. :)

Comment

Posted these on the Olympia thread but this is the appropriate section. :)

Comment

At a conference in Washington state... Had an hour free before dinner and went for a hike on a trail nearby.

Comment

Fall is here....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              Steller's sea lions chilling near Heceta Head, Oregon

Steller's Sea Lions near Heceta Head, Oregon by Scrumhalf, on Flickr
                              wow, resembles dna to a fucking tee....im sure the rest are his cousins

Comment

Lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X