The SFW photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
    Damn scrum, you have a hell of a backyard view!
    Thanks, Chuck! Yes, I have a unimpeded view of Mt. Hood. Truth be told, the mountain is exactly 60 miles from my apartment but I can easily get shots like this because of my telephoto lenses.

Comment

Looks about 10 miles away. So it's all just wilderness between your back yard to the mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        Looks about 10 miles away. So it's all just wilderness between your back yard to the mountain?
        Nope, it's literally the entire Portland metropolitan area. I live on the west end of the metro area and Mt Hood is several miles east of the furthest eastern edge of the metro area.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Nope, it's literally the entire Portland metropolitan area. I live on the west end of the metro area and Mt Hood is several miles east of the furthest eastern edge of the metro area.
          Where is all the skyscrapers and shit in the pic? Shouldn't they be between you and the mountain? Is the city at lower elevation?

Comment

I think the city is at a lower elevation. There's a mountain ridge between where I am and downtown, which is the dark wooded stuff at the bottom of rhe photo. The skyscrapers are on the other side of that ridge. Hood of course towers over everything.

Comment

You ever thought about climbing it? Would it be easy or extremely hard? Obviously Everest would qualify as insanity but how much easier would hood be?

Comment

You ever thought about climbing it? Would it be easy or extremely hard? Obviously Everest would qualify as insanity but how much easier would hood be?
                Hood's actually a technical climb that requires the use of crampons and ropes. It is not something where you can just walk up to the summit. Plus, it is over 11000 feet, so it is reasonably demanding. You need to be an experienced climber or go through a 2or 3 day program that gives you the required training at the end of which you attempt the climb. People spend the night at some high camp and then leave at 3am or something to be able to get to the summit and back down again before it gets too late in the day.

There are other peaks like Mt. Adams close by that are much easier. I climbed Adams in 1992 and it was just a hard hike to the top and didn't need any specialized climbing training.

Comment

A hot ass day in November.

Comment

Do you see a lot of fall color in GA?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      Do you see a lot of fall color in GA?
                      Usually better than what is shown in the picture.

Comment

where is that turbo?

Comment

where is that turbo?
                          The South

Comment

iPhone shot through window.

Comment

Nexus camera pisses on your iPhone.

Comment

Lol that picture looks like shit! Your camera blows. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X