No Longer Repping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    way to much. especially at your age and natural. twice a week max.
    Not necessarily, not everyone majors on hypertrophy like a typical bodybuilder.

Strength lifters like olympic lifters and power lifters can hit the same lifts multiple times a week.

Comment

3 times a week is too much if your doing shit right. add in the age and no AAS and it's just too much no matter how you slice it.

i assume his goal is more than simply just strength. he also wants to look bigger/better correct? if the goal is stregnth alone without care for visual results then carry on.

Comment

Bouncer your correct not only looking for strengh but also wanting the visual. Have been thinking about the Layne Norton PHAT program any input on this ? Good program or not MR. I what about you ?

Comment

For basic strength and size increases I like the 5 x 5 plus ancillary work of your choice at the end. So each time you train chest pick one key basic movement and do five sets of five. After that do any fly movements or crossovers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
            For basic strength and size increases I like the 5 x 5 plus ancillary work of your choice at the end. So each time you train chest pick one key basic movement and do five sets of five. After that do any fly movements or crossovers etc.

Thanks for the input Mr.I I'll check into that and give it a try see what kind of results I can get :thankyou:

Comment

I'll tell you the biggest secret of all, straight Mr I prime factor for muscle growth and strength increase.

IT'S A MENTAL GAME NOT A PHYSICAL ONE!

I can walk a treadmill and not burn fat, I can lift whatever weight for whatever reps and it does not equate improvement.

The gazillion systems out there ALL WORK; High res, low reps, pyramid, HIT, Y3T, 5x5 is from the Reg Park days.

The critical factor is CAN YOU CREATE SUFFICIENT INTENSITY TO INSTIGATE AND FORCE CHANGE OR NOT

Picking a system that works is simply a case of which system suits your phsycology in you imparting that intensity into your body.

Strength training can be prioritised or hypertrophy can be prioritised. Generally for me, and because I've had a partial tear to my pec major before, as I get bigger muscles I get stronger and that's how I approach it. Inducing hypertrophy from different angles and majoring on one basic movement per workout.

After this its about nutrition which is critical to repair and avoiding injury. 1.5 g protein per lean lb bodyweight or forget it

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
                Not to be a dick or a hater but who gives a shit how much you bench that's high school talk
                Your 8.8% BF def more impressive even if your onky 160lbs lol eat some cake bro
                Put dat der tren down rocket.

Comment

Working...
                X