No announcement yet.

Fuck squats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beauty is because I'm not going heavy and concentrating on form and flexibility I cab do them back yard and just toss the bar up and over then ditch when done each set

Comment

Watched the second vid...You do what I do, you lean forward a little instead of keeping your arch tight and just teabagging by sitting back and down. Sounds easy enough, but for it is damn near impossible. I have problems with form even without weight with squats.

I'll finish squatting and my lower back is hurting more than my legs. I just do hacks and lunges now. My ego wants to squat, but my body suffers too much from it.

Comment

So I squatted yesterday, great workout, 315lb for 15, coulda got twenty but my guy has told me to stop if I feel my form going. Next two sets just 8 and ten, perfect firm, then extensions, lunges avd hamstrings. Legs feel worked, no bach pain at all, gonna keep on like this for a while now, also doing a mid week high rep with just 135, flexibility is much better, back feels great.

Comment

getting easier now, no back pain, form not perfect yet and if anything my legs look smaller with a different shape lol but I'm enjoying it as a change
          I thought I had ten but couldn't hear the guy past ACDC on my headphones lol!
          180 x9 - YouTube

Comment

Looking for a good song to high rep squat to on saturday, thinking' there's no easy way out from rocky 4, any ot her suggestions?

Comment

So I hit 20 reps with 140 kg today, but although I hit my statistical goal after I watched the video back I realised they should have been deeper. Lesson learned back to the drawing board lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                So I hit 20 reps with 140 kg today, but although I hit my statistical goal after I watched the video back I realised they should have been deeper. Lesson learned back to the drawing board lol
                we speak in pounds bro. so about 300lbs for 20 and not deep enough?

maybe its time to realize that squats don't suit you bro. body structure etc..

i feel squats mostly in my midsection. never liked them.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  we speak in pounds bro. so about 300lbs for 20 and not deep enough?

maybe its time to realize that squats don't suit you bro. body structure etc..

i feel squats mostly in my midsection. never liked them.
                  I was on my own and just misjudged it bro. Did you see my earlier vid with about 400lb four nine, they were deeper.

I'm just experimenting bro, it's doing no harm. Yes you certainly have to hold three midsection tight. I'm enjoying them though and I'm getting better so not gonna give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                    I was on my own and just misjudged it bro. Did you see my earlier vid with about 400lb four nine, they were deeper.

I'm just experimenting bro, it's doing no harm. Yes you certainly have to hold three midsection tight. I'm enjoying them though and I'm getting better so not gonna give up.
                    yea i seen the vid. looks good. just dont want you getting into more power and core shit as you get older going to fuck you up. i love you bro, no bullshit, i talk shit all day long but if something happened to you i cry nigga! :thumup: :ghey:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      yea i seen the vid. looks good. just dont want you getting into more power and core shit as you get older going to fuck you up. i love you bro, no bullshit, i talk shit all day long but if something happened to you i cry nigga! :thumup: :ghey:
                      I appreciate the kind words my friend and you know I feel the same way about you:thumup:

I do have a strongman competition coming up but its just a club Vs Club team event kind of like a relay; Yoke, Car deadlift, kaber toss, farmers walk and log lift. But I'm assured all the weights are reppable for guys like me and its more a case of as many reps as you can in the time allowed.

I'm not interested in 1 rep max stuff, frankly I just can't be assed with the increased risk of injury and being out of the gym because I was chasing a number for ego.

Since I've gone back on juice, just running 500mg test e and 200mg primo ew now (dropped the masteron, too many reaction/aggression issues although it did bump strength, I just want to establish some base strength back.

Squats is something I used to do a long while back but dropped them in preference for sled movements because on sled you can more easily load weight and work with it on the subject muscle without fear of accident.

The squats thing has come about as I feel there is an imbalance in my body where the limbs are independently strong but there's a feeling of dissconnect in them working in conjunction and a lack of core strength.

I've started light and so far I've been enjoying it. I feel more athletic. I recognition that when you get to say 440lb there is an increased chance of injury. I use a belt but that's it, no knee wraps and I've got no knee problems at all.

I will say one thing also, a couple years back I had lower back, since practicing rock bottom squats in my back yard with only 135lb once a week I've found that much of the lower back stiffness has actually gone, not sure why, perhaps because its kind of stretching my back in the opposite way to where the protruding disk was pressing before, perhaps because they stretch the upper hamstring/glute at rock bottom and its released some tension, or perhaps because my core has improved. Of course I'm on juice now also so perhaps that helps.

Anyway my thoughts so far are that for out and out bodybuilding, sled movements are easier and better. Squats however have improved my feeling of centered gravity and strength and for some reason with my lower back.

Today didn't go quite as planned, perhaps because I was chasing a rep count, I was on my own, I mean if I had you, Bigscott, Rocket or someone stood behind me I'm sure you would have shouted to correct my form, but I'll try harder next time.

Anyway here it is;
                      20 with 140 kg squat ~ sort of! - YouTube

Comment

I hit five plates.a side on squats yesterday and that was pretty much my goal without knee wraps. TBH, I feel the excercise more with a lighter weight, three and four.plates a side. Gonna drop to every other without now as my hamstring feels good again and you can't beat leg press and hacks workout for reps to get the blood in there. I've enjoyed the variation and I've learned that for me, higher rep full range of motion is the sweet spot for them.

Comment

Think I have the technique down now, this is one of my warm up sets with about 400lb, I can do more reps but stopped after five, you can see I'm much more upright in the upper torso than I started out.

After working up to nearly 500lb I actually got a small inner thigh injury with the 400lb, gonna go with lighter weight more reps but I'm pleased with progress in that my technique is much better now

I can't honestly say that for the seasoned bodybuilder squats offer quite the same direct intensity that a workout comprising extensions, legs press and maybe hacks in that order, but they do offer an excellent variant

Squat Warmup 180 kg - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                          X