Thoughts on crossfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Damn. That's a lot of money for a gym. Hope you like it - I pay $25 for my 24 hour fitness. It's got just about everything I need and many things (pool, sauna, etc.) that I don't even use.
    It's more than a gym scrum. It definitely is an upscale place and caters to yuppies like myself. I find the value in it, perhaps others don't and that's fine.

My point was that all of those memberships add up and quite stupid.

Comment

Sounds good bro. We all spend money on various luxuries. If you find value in it, then great!

Comment

Just like you spend money on cameras and see the value, well I do it in other ways.

Comment

it's been a great journey doing it and meeting so many people but time to hang it up and go back to my rolling:D looking forward to it at the end of this month. learned many things about myself that I'm certain if it weren't for xfit, never would of known. definitely a mental game for sure. just when you thought you were done, eh eh nope.

if it weren't so damn expensive and I had more time, i'd probably keep the xfit membership, but i spend enough on the other one. if anyone is interested in doing it, try it. go with an open mind, keep your arrogance at the door(trust me, it'll be handed on a platter back to you before you leave), DON'T set ANY expectations and this is honestly the 2nd best(keeping arrogance at door is 1st)advice.

Comment

I'm late to the crossfit bashing party, but here's my 2 cents..

I would say get into crossfit only if you have a strong powerlifting background. Lifts like squats, snatch, cleans, etc. should not be done with the intent to "hurry".

I see too many newbs that want to do crossfit whose form is fucking terrible on these lifts, but they finished the workout of the day in a great time and their "sock game was on point".

Comment

There's a reason why Olympic lifts are called technical lifts.

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman View Post
                I'm late to the crossfit bashing party, but here's my 2 cents..

I would say get into crossfit only if you have a strong powerlifting background. Lifts like squats, snatch, cleans, etc. should not be done with the intent to "hurry".

I see too many newbs that want to do crossfit whose form is fucking terrible on these lifts, but they finished the workout of the day in a great time and their "sock game was on point".
                totally agree with this :thumb: it is pretty nuts how many people who have no clue pf lifting or training, start with xfit. Good post man

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                There's a reason why Olympic lifts are called technical lifts.
                Very true and unless your weight that you're pushing or lifting isn't an Olympic type lift, don't wanna hear about it. Highly respectable when anyone does proper Olympic lifting.

If you can do it that way and still push or pull heavy, my respect to them.

Comment

Your ass looks great in the new pic.

Stay the course with CrossFit, it's working for you Rado!

Comment

Ha ha

Comment

Working...
                    X