Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help me, lost what to do

Ok, firstly my stats:

33 yrs old 153 lbs 5 feet 8 inches 17-18% body fat, fat mostly around waist. Work in IT, so very minimum walking.

Cals I eat: 2500 Macros: 150-160g of protein, 60-70g of fat, rest carbs

Gym 3 days a week, HIIT ( 2 minutes run, 2 mins walk for 22 mins) after every workout

Workout plan I currently follow:

3 x 8 for legs (squats, front squats, leg curls, Calf Raises, Hanging leg raises, HIIT)

3 x 8 for chest (Bench press, incline Bench press, biceps curls Hanging leg raises, wide grip pullups, tricpes pull downs, HIIT)

3 x 8 for back (DL, rows, shoulder press, Triceps bar dipsHanging leg raises, HIIT)

Some people say I should cut, some say I should bulk, some say I should eat at maintenance and try to build muscles.

Really lost what to do. Please help.

Thanks

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

How long have you been lifting for? How long have you been monitoring your calories?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive been lifting on that program for around 3-4 months, but been lifting for more than 2 years now.

Ive been tracking 90% of my calories everyday, since being on the program for about 3-4 months.

Comment

IMO you are fresh to this game so you will likely be able to loose fat and gain muscle if your diet and lifting is on point. I would increase the protein to at least 1.4g/lbs and drop the carbs lower and time their intake before and right after you lift.

I would stick with HIIT over steady state because steady state cardio is more catabolic. Also, if you are not already take creatine every day you should.

Your not a vegetarian, are you? If so you need to suppliment your diet with some amino acids, especially leucine. Its the most important for muscle growth.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
          IMO you are fresh to this game so you will likely be able to loose fat and gain muscle if your diet and lifting is on point. I would increase the protein to at least 1.4g/lbs and drop the carbs lower and time their intake before and right after you lift.

I would stick with HIIT over steady state because steady state cardio is more catabolic. Also, if you are not already take creatine every day you should.

Your not a vegetarian, are you? If so you need to suppliment your diet with some amino acids, especially leucine. Its the most important for muscle growth.

Im not a vegetarian, no.

What would my body fat be? Some say its around 20-25%.

What should my cals be, should I drop them to 2000 and keep my protein to 1.4g/bw?

Lastly, what workout routine should i follow?

Thanks

Comment

the guy in those pics has been lifting for 2 years? doing something very wrong bro. not talking shit.

have you had your hormone levels checked? on average what types of food do you eat?

Comment

That's not 17-18 percent BF...and if you been doing HIIT you would be leaner, but then again I do not know how long you have been doing cardio...
              You need to cut and no way do a bulk until you get some definition going on there
              I respect the fact you posted pictures up...
              5×5 for beginners IMO....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                the guy in those pics has been lifting for 2 years? doing something very wrong bro. not talking shit.

have you had your hormone levels checked? on average what types of food do you eat?
                I think he has lifted half heartedly for 2 years but picked it up in the past few months. At least that is my take.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                  That's not 17-18 percent BF...and if you been doing HIIT you would be leaner, but then again I do not know how long you have been doing cardio...
                  You need to cut and no way do a bulk until you get some definition going on there

His stated body fat is probably just a guess. I doubt he has done a dexa scan or had a trainer measure him with calipers. Probably its what people at the gym tell him when he has his shirt on. People that are skinny-fat sometimes don't look it with thier shirt on.

Comment

How many cals should i be eating for a cut and what program should i follow?

Thanks

Comment

His stated body fat is probably just a guess. I doubt he has done a dexa scan or had a trainer measure him with calipers. Probably its what people at the gym tell him when he has his shirt on. People that are skinny-fat sometimes don't look it with thier shirt on.

Yes true lol.

I just dont know how many cals I should off with for a cut and what program to follow

Comment

Originally posted by nitrous_nit View Post
                        How many cals should i be eating for a cut and what program should i follow?

Thanks
                        500 calories below your maintneance... I use an app called myfitpal that tracks my macros... you do this everyday and then you don't need the app....
                        Works very well

Comment

I think he has lifted half heartedly for 2 years but picked it up in the past few months. At least that is my take.

Yes, that is right.. I got more serious in the past few months, but with that i started eating more too.

Comment

StrongLifts 5×5 are the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press and*Barbell Row...
                            You should get someone who is experience at the gym and watch your form because you can Injure yourself easily...

Comment

StrongLifts 5×5 are the Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift, Overhead Press and*Barbell Row...
                              You should get someone who is experience at the gym and watch your form because you can Injure yourself easily...

Thanks, should I still being doing HIIT?

Also, 5x5 on a cut isnt that too much volume?

Comment

Working...
                              X