Someone help me, lost what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
    Bro you train naturally and it will take time months maybe a year or so to see some type of difference..
    Your diet contributes to everything...
    Then traning... 3 times a week is not Going to cut it for a newbie... just hard facts....
    Do the cardio for 40 mins as I said before.. if you want to incorporate hiit one day a week then by all means.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks, so I should go to the gym more than 3x a week?

Im so confused and lost more now lol :noo:

Comment

Yes you should. 4-5 times a week...2 days off... train heavy!! Shock the muscles... some intensity with proper form...
      Train legs legs and more legs as it helps release testosterone and some GH output... and did I mention more legs!!

Comment

diet is the most important factor when it comes to bodyfat. you may need to cut out the cheat meal. you may need to add more cardio. we are all unique. whatever you are doing isnt working so change it up. experiment with something for a month or 2. you gotta find what works for you. genetically you may need to work harder than other people, you weren't given the best set of genes. if you want it bad enough though you can overcome that. diet diet diet. cant stress that enough. you gotta play around with it and find what works. may also want to find a good personal trainer to show you how to lift properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          diet is the most important factor when it comes to bodyfat. you may need to cut out the cheat meal. you may need to add more cardio. we are all unique. whatever you are doing isnt working so change it up. experiment with something for a month or 2. you gotta find what works for you. genetically you may need to work harder than other people, you weren't given the best set of genes. if you want it bad enough though you can overcome that. diet diet diet. cant stress that enough. you gotta play around with it and find what works. may also want to find a good personal trainer to show you how to lift properly.
          Agreed.

Diet...diet...diet....everyting else will follow

Comment

Don't forget the creatine.

Some guys on here are high carb but they are not insulin resistant. Us fatter guys benefit more by having more protein and healthy fats in our diet. You can take in carbs but place them strategically. Slow gi carbs a couple hours before lifting and fast acting carbs along with some fast acting whey toward the end of your workout or shortly after it. Lifting makes your muscles more insulin sensitive and can take in more glucose than it normally can.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also gotta understand, there is a difference between telling you what to do in the gym and actually being in the gym with you to show you how to do it.

I'll could tell you to do lateral delt raises but you could go in and do them completely wrong in terms of form and movement. That's why it's hard to just tell you how to do something. You need to know proper technique and form otherwise you could be waisting your time.

Comment

Quality whey protein helps as well.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, I think I have an idea on what to do now.

I will start off with 2000 calories, cut down to 15-16% body fat, which means, at 22% bodyfat @ 153lbs, I need to drop to atleast 142lbs @ 16% BF.

Macros:
                  protein 1g/bw
                  fat: 0.5g/bw
                  Carbs : left over

Which means:
                  protein : 153g
                  fat: ~76.5g
                  Carbs : leftover

Training (4 days a week), 2 x LISS , 1 x HIIT, following fierce 5 upper/lower routine:

The Intermediate Upper/Lower

Upper A
                  Bench 3x5
                  Incline Bench 3x8
                  Lat Pulldowns 3x8 (any grip)
                  Bent Over Rows 3x8
                  Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
                  Squats 3x5
                  Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
                  Leg Press 3x10
                  Leg Curls 3x10
                  Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
                  OHP 3x5
                  Flies 3x10
                  Pullups 3x8
                  Pendlay Rows 3x8
                  Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
                  Front Squat 3x5
                  Romanian Deadlift 3x8
                  Leg Extensions 3x10
                  Leg Curls 3x10
                  Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

Let me know if all the above sounds like a good plan.

Thanks

Comment

You are eating too much.

Your BMR is 1658 Kcal. Let's add a 1.2X activity factor. That only gets you to 1990 Kcal. You are eating 500 Kcal too many. You need to UNDERSHOOT by 500 Kcal too loose weight.

Cut your calorie intake to 1800 Kcal. 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat. Do for two months. Add lifting and try to get cardio 2 or 3 times a week. HIIT once, regular a couple of times.

If you feel you can handle dropping cals some more, try to get to 1500 Kcal, but that's hard for most people.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      You are eating too much.

Your BMR is 1658 Kcal. Let's add a 1.2X activity factor. That only gets you to 1990 Kcal. You are eating 500 Kcal too many. You need to UNDERSHOOT by 500 Kcal too loose weight.

Cut your calorie intake to 1800 Kcal. 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat. Do for two months. Add lifting and try to get cardio 2 or 3 times a week. HIIT once, regular a couple of times.

If you feel you can handle dropping cals some more, try to get to 1500 Kcal, but that's hard for most people.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                      says hes been lifting for 2 years..

Comment

says hes been lifting for 2 years..
                        Yeah, people say that all the time. Not suggesting OP is like this, but I see people who have been in my gym for years. They get about a third of stuff done that I do in 45-50 min. They are there when I get there and they are there when I leave.

And OP, 2 min on, 2 min off isn't HIIT. HIIT is 100% effort for 20-30 sec, then equivalent time off, then on again. If you can go for more than 30 sec, you aren't pushing hard enough.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Comment

exactly. i don't know how to say it without sounding like an asshole but he isn't doing the same kind of lifting that i'm familiar with..

i get the body fat thing but i don't get the complete lack of any sort of muscle tissue or tone anywhere. especially after 2 years.

nitrous i'm not talking shit here but i don't think you know what your doing in the gym, thus the reason i suggested a personal trainer. your talking about "pendley rows" and "Romanian deadlifts". i dont even know what that shit is. i think you've done a lot of reading but have forgotten the most important step... execution.

Comment

exactly. i don't know how to say it without sounding like an asshole but he isn't doing the same kind of lifting that i'm familiar with..

i get the body fat thing but i don't get the complete lack of any sort of muscle tissue or tone anywhere. especially after 2 years.

nitrous i'm not talking shit here but i don't think you know what your doing in the gym, thus the reason i suggested a personal trainer. your talking about "pendley rows" and "Romanian deadlifts". i dont even know what that shit is. i think you've done a lot of reading but have forgotten the most important step... execution.
                            You seriously don't know what pendley rows or romanian deadlifts are?

Comment

hold up. i just realized there are other pictures to the right in that link where he has actually made good progress. disregard everything i said, i was looking at the day 1 pictures as was i think most other people here.

Comment

op post your recent pics. that link you posted is fucked up. you look much better than those day 1 pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X